My First Flight Sim Video

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all as you all know im kinda a computer geek & a gamer and i really love to fly and im a Aviation nut so i decided to combine my love for flight & computers and made my first Flight Simulator video i would like all your honest opions good or bad doesnt matter to meand also if you have any sugestions for places you want to see or aircraft just let me know i will see what i can do ok !! heres the video please watch in hd ok !!! The Video is a Philippine's airlines 737-800 Taking off From Clark International Airport at Night time i hope you all enjoy please comment ok !! thanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CozQ6iGeSz4OldUgly&Cranky

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky

Jake
Posted
Posted

In HD the details in the cockpit looks pretty awesome! I realize it was a night departure, but would love to see more exterior details during daylight take off. Having spent some time on board a Nimitz class carrier, I would love to see any sims on cat shots or catching a number 3 wire?Good job young man -- Jake

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
In HD the details in the cockpit looks pretty awesome! I realize it was a night departure, but would love to see more exterior details during daylight take off. Having spent some time on board a Nimitz class carrier, I would love to see any sims on cat shots or catching a number 3 wire?Good job young man -- Jake
i will see what i can come up with for you jake i know there is a carrier and a f-18 i can get but i dont have it installed right now , but i will make it my mission for you bro !! :lol: as for the day time departure thats not a problem , do you want any ww2 planes or anything else i have a redbull race plane i can try out for you ? just let me know my friend you wish is my command :)OldUgly&Cranky

Jake
Posted
Posted
i will see what i can come up with for you jake i know there is a carrier and a f-18 i can get but i dont have it installed right now , but i will make it my mission for you bro !! :lol: as for the day time departure thats not a problem , do you want any ww2 planes or anything else i have a redbull race plane i can try out for you ? just let me know my friend you wish is my command :)OldUgly&Cranky
I hope you realize you're opening up a can of worms here........you're asking a self proclaimed DOM certified (at least the only one confessing in this forum) what I wish for regarding video simulations? OK, for starters, how about some action in the head between two members of the "mile high" club. Preferable a brunette stewardess and a midget....he, he.Seriously......watching a Hornet or Tomcat get shot off especially during the night also feels like a mini earthquake every 30 secondcycle until the whole Alfa strike is airborne. Talk about multiple patriotic orgasm!Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's the Plane I worked on for over 20 yrs while in the military and as a civilian! I've actually done 4 engine run ups for maintenance troubling shooting and operational check outs after engine changes! It's pretty scary during 90% power runs, because things could go wrong and blowup an engine at 90% thrust! We have to re-certify annually to stay proficient in the operation of engine run ups and emergency procedures in the Lockheed C5 flight simulator! It's a ball, because when we get done with our engine run up re-qualifications and have simulator time left, we get the chance to take off, fly and land the big plane like the flight crews would do for their annual proficiency testing! I don't miss it though, because it was a lot of physical hard work working on such a huge aircraft!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Check out this actual crash with the air crew's voices and simulator graphics! You know, weird thing is that I worked on these planes, but never flew on them! Why is that? Just luck I guess!Why was their #2 & #3 engine throttled down? Without it, landing was cut short due to lack of power and lift to reach the runway! They hit dirt first instead! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI5xTmmPbsY

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi all as you all know im kinda a computer geek & a gamer and i really love to fly and im a Aviation nut so i decided to combine my love for flight & computers and made my first Flight Simulator video i would like all your honest opions good or bad doesnt matter to meand also if you have any sugestions for places you want to see or aircraft just let me know i will see what i can do ok !! heres the video please watch in hd ok !!! The Video is a Philippine's airlines 737-800 Taking off From Clark International Airport at Night time i hope you all enjoy please comment ok !! thanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CozQ6iGeSz4OldUgly&Cranky
Neat, and I can see a future for you in making some of those videos. My comment would be that I think you should add some audio or fitting music to them, and it seems to me that at the beginning of the video that the take off is in slow motion, but I am far from an expert on flying and have only been on many flights in my lifetime and those are what I am trying to judge from.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
Neat, and I can see a future for you in making some of those videos. My comment would be that I think you should add some audio or fitting music to them, and it seems to me that at the beginning of the video that the take off is in slow motion, but I am far from an expert on flying and have only been on many flights in my lifetime and those are what I am trying to judge from.
yeah it was a little slow coz i was just taxing to the runway and im far from being a expert either at flying hahaha if you notice when i was taking off i wasnt lined up at the center of the runway all the way during takeoff , as for adding music yes it would prob be a better video with it in there for sure , i did see out there on the web that there is cabin sounds you can get so i will look into it !!! i think that would be the hardest part about making a video like that is finding fitting music to add but i will try my best next video i make plus it will be a day time take off or sunset and a different airplane , myself i love the 747 but its really a hard airplane to fly , one of the easiest is a bombardie crj670 the cockpit controls are easy to find auto pilot is easy to set up and the plane flys smooth , im looking into a carrier for jake so it will bring back his memories :541: Thanks for the comments guys like i said i was looking for good and bad so i can improve on my videos its really fun to share this with you all OldUgly&Cranky :)

Jake
Posted
Posted
Here's the Plane I worked on for over 20 yrs while in the military and as a civilian! I've actually done 4 engine run ups for maintenance troubling shooting and operational check outs after engine changes! It's pretty scary during 90% power runs, because things could go wrong and blowup an engine at 90% thrust! We have to re-certify annually to stay proficient in the operation of engine run ups and emergency procedures in the Lockheed C5 flight simulator! It's a ball, because when we get done with our engine run up re-qualifications and have simulator time left, we get the chance to take off, fly and land the big plane like the flight crews would do for their annual proficiency testing! I don't miss it though, because it was a lot of physical hard work working on such a huge aircraft!
For an Air Force puke, you're my new hero! Doing a blow job at 90% thrust, was it good for you? I still can't believe howthis beast could get off the ground at nearly half a million pounds empty. Also thanks for that video of a simulated C-5 crash. My approach would have been an inverted, tail first into the mud.....Respectfully -- Navy puke

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Jake,That wasn't a simulated crash! It was the real thing and the actual voices of the flight crew flying it!