It Is Christmas, Anyone Get Any Neat Gifts

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:1 (235): OK, it is Christmas, did anyone get any neat gifts that they are willing to tell the rest of us about? :th_signs083: keep it clean guys and gals! :th_thanx: I will start offMy wife bought me a new laptop. I guess that was a good gift since I bought her one for our anniversary? Shhhh, don't tell her, the one I already have is probably better SugarwareZ-004.gif but I do have to admit the 15.4 inch screen on the new one is a lot easier to see than the 13" one on my Sony. I guess I am getting old! :cheers: Now I have one for each hand. :AddEmoticons04230: Fun, fun, fun, trying to learn Vista. :1 (103): I was so used to XP and so far I am not at all familiar with Vista, but a friend of mine who is in the security end of the computer business, tells me that Vista is more secure. :1 (235): Is that true? Another problem is that I am also told that Vista will be replaced soon with Windows 7 because Vista supposedly has a lot of problems. :thumbsup: Can anyone elaborate on what my friend told me and on what people have been telling me about the problems that I might expect with Vista, both my wife's laptop and my new one have Vista home premium edition? :why-me: As you can all guess, I am not much of a computer expert and while I do know how to use one, I do not really understand all the works of a lot that goes on in this new electronics world. :th_thanx: Help!!! :3_8_14[1]:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:1 (235): OK, it is Christmas, did anyone get any neat gifts that they are willing to tell the rest of us about? :3_8_14[1]: keep it clean guys and gals! :1 (235): I will start offMy wife bought me a new laptop. I guess that was a good gift since I bought her one for our anniversary? Shhhh, don't tell her, the one I already have is probably better SugarwareZ-004.gif but I do have to admit the 15.4 inch screen on the new one is a lot easier to see than the 13" one on my Sony. I guess I am getting old! :th_signs083: Now I have one for each hand. :th_thanx: Fun, fun, fun, trying to learn Vista. :why-me: I was so used to XP and so far I am not at all familiar with Vista, but a friend of mine who is in the security end of the computer business, tells me that Vista is more secure. :1 (103): Is that true? Another problem is that I am also told that Vista will be replaced soon with Windows 7 because Vista supposedly has a lot of problems. :cheers: Can anyone elaborate on what my friend told me and on what people have been telling me about the problems that I might expect with Vista, both my wife's laptop and my new one have Vista home premium edition? :why-me: As you can all guess, I am not much of a computer expert and while I do know how to use one, I do not really understand all the works of a lot that goes on in this new electronics world. :thumbsup: Help!!! :th_thanx:
I bought my self a present and it arrived from China yesterday, yes I know some recommend not to buy Chinese made products but I wanted to test this one. Its a dual Sim card cell phone.So far its good, touch screen takes a bit of getting used to. The dual Sim will come in handy next time I'm in Cebu.Now heres the funny bit,the manual has been translated poorly,example..... do not short circuit the battery,also do not have the battery with with metal and so on necklace to put on the same place otherwise can cause the battery to leak fluid,to be hot,ruptures and cooks meals :AddEmoticons04230: work that one out, phone can cook meals I guess SugarwareZ-005.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I bought my self a present and it arrived from China yesterday, yes I know some recommend not to buy Chinese made products but I wanted to test this one. Its a dual Sim card cell phone.So far its good, touch screen takes a bit of getting used to. The dual Sim will come in handy next time I'm in Cebu.Now heres the funny bit,the manual has been translated poorly,example..... do not short circuit the battery,also do not have the battery with with metal and so on necklace to put on the same place otherwise can cause the battery to leak fluid,to be hot,ruptures and cooks meals :AddEmoticons04230: work that one out, phone can cook meals I guess SugarwareZ-005.gif
You have any pictures of it to share? I do not think I could use one of those because sometimes my cell phones are all three going at once and I think it might be easier to just have separate phones.In case someone is wondering, one Smart for me and one for my wife and she also gets a Sun so she can talk to her relatives and some friends unlimited for 30 days. I also use it to talk to some of my friends, that is, when she is not on it. :th_thanx: Of course on top of those three, we have a home line and a Magic Jack, so I do not know if I could deal with a dual sim phone on top of all the others. :thumbsup: Please let me know how it works out. :cheers:ADDED, Oh, as far as Chinese translations, our condo had not installed the intercoms as of the time we left earlier this year, because they could not understand the instructions that were only in Chinese, so I guess bad translation is better than no translation. :3_8_14[1]: I hope they figure it out and got it installed by now :th_signs083: or at least by the time we get back. Edited by Mr. Lee

Mik
Posted
Posted

I got a hangover. I would like to return it but I don't know how to get it back into the bottle.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I got a hangover. I would like to return it but I don't know how to get it back into the bottle.
That is one of the million dollar questions, :th_thanx: :AddEmoticons04230: along with how to get the smoke back into one of them pesky electronic parts, when the smoke leaks out and they no longer want to work. SugarwareZ-004.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Hmmm...let's see....I got socks to wear around the house because it's so "cold" here in Baguio, a bath towel, headphones, and a coffee mug. I also got to enjoy my first Filipino Christmas with my new family. It's the best Christmas I've had since I got a new sled when I was 7.Merry Christmas everyone!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hmmm...let's see....I got socks to wear around the house because it's so "cold" here in Baguio, a bath towel, headphones, and a coffee mug. I also got to enjoy my first Filipino Christmas with my new family. It's the best Christmas I've had since I got a new sled when I was 7.Merry Christmas everyone!
The best gifts are the ones we can appreciate the most and it sounds like you had a great Christmas christmas_emoticons_187.gif and we wish you an even better new year. :AddEmoticons04230:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well ..... hummmmmm .... let me see ....... my best present happens to be the sweetest .... most loving and caring woman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing :th_thanx: ........ and for that reason something very special for me will be taking place next year SugarwareZ-004.gif ........ and as a 2nd best present ....... I am living in a place I want to and have dreamed about for many many years ........ and the good WAAAAAAAY out weighs the bad .......... christmas_emoticons_187.gif Oh ....... we did not exchange gifts .... not till next month ....... on mutual agreement ....... :AddEmoticons04230:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well ..... hummmmmm .... let me see ....... my best present happens to be the sweetest .... most loving and caring woman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing :th_thanx: ........ and for that reason something very special for me will be taking place next year SugarwareZ-004.gif ........ and as a 2nd best present ....... I am living in a place I want to and have dreamed about for many many years ........ and the good WAAAAAAAY out weighs the bad .......... christmas_emoticons_187.gif Oh ....... we did not exchange gifts .... not till next month ....... on mutual agreement ....... :AddEmoticons04230:
Something special happening next year hey, l wonder what it could be SugarwareZ-225.gif Great news, glad all is well in your paradise christmas_emoticons_187.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well ..... hummmmmm .... let me see ....... my best present happens to be the sweetest .... most loving and caring woman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing :thumbsup: ........ and for that reason something very special for me will be taking place next year SugarwareZ-004.gif ........ and as a 2nd best present ....... I am living in a place I want to and have dreamed about for many many years ........ and the good WAAAAAAAY out weighs the bad .......... christmas_emoticons_187.gif Oh ....... we did not exchange gifts .... not till next month ....... on mutual agreement ....... :AddEmoticons04230:
Mike we are glad you both are very happy, but since we know both of you, we know that you two could be happy anywhere, as long as you two were together. :th_signs083: It seems like so many of us have found such great wives or gf's and that is the best gift anyone anywhere could ever hope for. Here's to having a great Filipina and good friends :3_8_14[1]: :cheers: the thing that brings a lot of us together. :th_thanx: