It Is Christmas, Anyone Get Any Neat Gifts

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. . . I also got to enjoy my first Filipino Christmas with my new family. It's the best Christmas I've had since I got a new sled when I was 7.Merry Christmas everyone!
I second that emotion. I used to be skeptical about "its better to give than to receive" but you know that it really is true when you see the appreciation from all the family members getting some small gift.So I gave my wife a Seiko watch which I bought in White Gold, a warehouse/department type of store. It looks very authentic, right down to the serial number. It cost slightly less than 5000 Pesos . . . so what are the chances it is real as opposed to counterfeit? Anyone with thoughts on that? And is it likely to be gold 'plated' or gold 'colored' at that price? It is important to know because Dona has a small wrist and she came up with this 'interesting' idea that she wants to remove some links from the watch strap and pawn them. Sounds crazy to me but they pawn anything here.Happy New Year all

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Dave .... check on the watch or band and see if it is stamped 14k or something like that ..... if it says gold rolled or GF (gold Filled) than it is not real gold so to speak but gold covered ....... Seiko watches are by themselves expensive .... so that is really no indication that it is just gold plated ....... I have a Seiko dive watch purchased several years ago for around 14,100p and it is only SS...... and it still keeps excellent time .....

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
So I gave my wife a Seiko watch which I bought in White Gold, a warehouse/department type of store. It looks very authentic, right down to the serial number. It cost slightly less than 5000 Pesos . . . so what are the chances it is real as opposed to counterfeit? Anyone with thoughts on that? And is it likely to be gold 'plated' or gold 'colored' at that price? It is important to know because Dona has a small wrist and she came up with this 'interesting' idea that she wants to remove some links from the watch strap and pawn them. Sounds crazy to me but they pawn anything here.Happy New Year all
Hi Dave, I am pretty sure if you bought it in White Gold that it is a real Seiko, but the band would only be Gold tone and not real gold or even Gold Filled, so I would doubt that your wife could get much for the links in a pawn shop, but as you said, they seem to pawn everything in the Philippines.Happy new year to you and yours, and all our forum members. :th_thsmilies-29057: Edited by Mr. Lee

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
I bought my self a present and it arrived from China yesterday, yes I know some recommend not to buy Chinese made products but I wanted to test this one. Its a dual Sim card cell phone.So far its good, touch screen takes a bit of getting used to. The dual Sim will come in handy next time I'm in Cebu.Now heres the funny bit,the manual has been translated poorly,example..... do not short circuit the battery,also do not have the battery with with metal and so on necklace to put on the same place otherwise can cause the battery to leak fluid,to be hot,ruptures and cooks meals :th_thsmilies-29057: work that one out, phone can cook meals I guess SugarwareZ-005.gif
I think I got the same phone. is it a JinCen JC618????? as my book says it will cook meals also...hehe...Has the TV and fm radio?? The TV sucks, won't pick up a single station and I live within 2 miles of 6 lcl stations. You can almost make out some of the audio on a couple of them, but no picture, just lots of snow...But, otherwise seems to be a decent phone, quad band, dual sim card...Jim

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted (edited)

Months back, Broden and I decided we would keep it simple for both of us... but he always lavished our son with presents up until now the kiddo is still grinning from ear to ear despite a belly ache from eating too much chocolate!But anyways, my beloved didn't quite keep our promise to each other and went ahead and bought me some nice gifts.. For my early Christmas present he gave me a year's subscription of the Filipina magazine :welcome: and then for Christmas, I got a bike,a real, hmm normal sized bike (not the kiddie size I was used to riding while in Taiwan, hahah!).. and some nice things that tell me again and again how thoughtful my other half is... Then in my stocking I dished out our tv remote control! Well, he wanted me to turn the tv on to view another present - the Filipino Channel :th_thsmilies-29057: So now I wasted an afternoon watching Wow-Wowie! It still amazes me how Broden goes out of his way to help me not miss the Philippines so much.. yes even after almost 6 years here in the U.S.! He still surprises me with boxes of Philippine products he orders online!

Edited by AngelofBroden

chimellie
Posted
Posted

I think one of the persents my wife got for me actually is for her, I put it on and she goes wild.........Does anyone want to know what that is ?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Alright Chi ...... take it to the adult section ...... I don't want to go blind ...... SugarwareZ-011.gif :th_thsmilies-29057: christmas_emoticons_187.gif ......... geeeeeeee ... do they make'um that small ....... go to the fun in paradise to see what I'm talking about

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I think one of the persents my wife got for me actually is for her, I put it on and she goes wild.........Does anyone want to know what that is ?
Leather Jock Strap?

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Alamang bagoong cologne?

chimellie
Posted
Posted
Alamang bagoong cologne?
Yes cologne...Prada