Not Using This Forum

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)
So while this is not the biggest it is a good one. With the recent changes made around here, it has potential to grow now. The newer better domain name should help. I think it has, I see the site come up in searches sometimes now. These things take time. Personally, I wish they'd let people duke it out a little more but hey, it is their site. And the verbal combat can get out of hand. But it can be good for traffic. But in those kinds of battles the language often gets out of line.
Not sure what recent changes you are talking about? its been called what it is now for a very long time.It depends on what search term you use to search but most of the time we are on the first or second page in Philippines related things and then theres about 6 others sites I have up which point people here which come up on most first and second pages of google. As for duking it out, it does not work on a small forum,good for traffic in the short term but then the members leave so then theres no posts.We dont want to be a big forum with all the riff raff arguing and carrying on everyday. There is a new forum for those who want to duke it out, http://rantersforum.com/
:hystery: :crack-up: :th_closed: Edited by Kuya Lee
replace link because old link is no longer active

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I guess that means you won't be coming to the get together on 18th.!I will never forget the help that Tom and the owner of the other forum gave me when I decided to set up a business here in Cebu; when i first started up, 80-90% of my business came from members of the 2 forums and without that kick start I would never have got off the ground. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to those who helped me in the early, "shaky' days and will do all I can to try to repay them.Most of my business now comes from my web site and I meet on average 8-10 new clients week and give each one a business card. Without fail I always write the links to the forums of the 2 people who got me started on the back.If I ever have am issue with either of you I will handle it the Aussie way - face to face or at the very east by PM. You our our full support for a great forum. Thanks Tom and Lee - we love your forum and will continue to support its growth forever!!Paul and Elsa
Thank you Paul and Elsa for the kind words. It is good to know that someone appreciates the help we try to give to them. All too often people are too critical of the things others try to do for them, or do not appreciate what we try to do, and all the time and effort it takes to run one of these forums, or they never take the time to say thank you, and those two little words let us know that all the effort and time we put into this forum, which sole purpose if helping people, has been appreciated by some. I find it very discouraging when a person such as Matt keeps putting forums down, yet mines them for information for his blog and learns from them, yet refuses to give back and then has the nerve to make posts such as Dropping Off Forums and then on top of that the one above. I lost all respect for Matt after the above post and if it were not for people such as yourself and many of the others on this forum, then I would just pack it in and say the hell with everyone. So to all who appreciate what we at least try to do, but obviously sometimes fail according to some members, thank you for being a part of this forum, and to people like the op, all I can say is that he really needs to get a life and stop telling others how to live theirs and stop making posts on his blog how bad forums are, because that is just his opinion and obviously an opinion of a very unhappy, bitter and selfish man.
Matt, after reading his blogs, reminds me of the guy that ruined M.A.S.H. :th_closed:charles2.jpgCharles Emerson Winchester, III:crack-up:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Matt, after reading his blogs, reminds me of the guy that ruined M.A.S.H. :th_closed:charles2.jpgCharles Emerson Winchester, III:crack-up:
What an amazing coincidence. Give that guy a haircut and he will look like:http://t1.gstatic.co...IwB7aJ72BgqhmD8(its a pic of the opening poster I linked to but the forum won't allow me to post his image) Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Gary
Posted
Posted

:AddEmoticons04230:Cant we all just get along?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Yes that would be so nice. grouphugg.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Yes that would be so nice. grouphugg.gif
The problem is it starts as:th_grouphug.gif then someone goes buttkick.gif and another goes bash.gif and it winds up 9436.gif which is why they invented emostrongbow.gif

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Not when it comes to M.A.S.H losing Frank Burns 1%20%28103%29.gif