What Else Do I Need ?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

No ... I forgot what it is like to cook on a real stove with built in oven (imagine that .. a built in oven)..... and a big double door refrig would just leave me spell bound ..... but now the 150 in "Life Screen" plasma TV (and it's only $75,000) he is sending could cover my whole wall and I could charge admission to the locals as a movie theater ..... I could sell pop-corn and tuba ..... now that's a good combination ...... by the way tuba vinegar is super and that's all we use now ..... adds a really great taste to almost everything .....

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I have been buying stuff for my new house in Cebu and send them in Balikbayan boxes and wondering what I miss, can you guys help me out please ?So far we bought : Towels, can opener, alarm clock, Kitchen knife set, electric knife sharpener, dinner plates, 2 sets of silverware, papper towel, toilet paper, shampoo, soap. Since electronics are expensive so I am looking at a TV Samsung 42' LCD 720P for about $800, the shipper told me it will cost $250 to send it. I already have transformers ( Voltage converter) at my old house for most of the electronics, but I still have to buy a heavy duty transformer for the TV if I buy one here(US). I already have a laptop I bought last year. Thanks in advanceC U in Cbu
Pots and pans, bed sheets, bed pillows, and Q-tips. It looks like you have a lot of kitchen stuff on your list already, which is good. If you have a handy kitchen gadget you use, bring it with you. It's not likely you'll be able to find the gadgets here. My wife laughs at me, but I'm particular about my cotton swabs. I have to have genuine Q-Tips and I've never seen them for sale here.When I shipped my things here, I got those space saver vacum bags to compress the soft items. I shipped all my sheets, pillows, mattress topper, blankets etc. The bags really cut down on the shipping costs because everything was much smaller. The bags are also handy to have here because they keep the mildew and moisture away from things.Someone mentioned wall hangings, and I'd second that. I didn't bring that sort of thing with me, but they are on my list for my next trip to the US.

chimellie
Posted
Posted
I have been buying stuff for my new house in Cebu and send them in Balikbayan boxes and wondering what I miss, can you guys help me out please ?So far we bought : Towels, can opener, alarm clock, Kitchen knife set, electric knife sharpener, dinner plates, 2 sets of silverware, papper towel, toilet paper, shampoo, soap. Since electronics are expensive so I am looking at a TV Samsung 42' LCD 720P for about $800, the shipper told me it will cost $250 to send it. I already have transformers ( Voltage converter) at my old house for most of the electronics, but I still have to buy a heavy duty transformer for the TV if I buy one here(US). I already have a laptop I bought last year. Thanks in advanceC U in Cbu
Pots and pans, bed sheets, bed pillows, and Q-tips. It looks like you have a lot of kitchen stuff on your list already, which is good. If you have a handy kitchen gadget you use, bring it with you. It's not likely you'll be able to find the gadgets here. My wife laughs at me, but I'm particular about my cotton swabs. I have to have genuine Q-Tips and I've never seen them for sale here.When I shipped my things here, I got those space saver vacum bags to compress the soft items. I shipped all my sheets, pillows, mattress topper, blankets etc. The bags really cut down on the shipping costs because everything was much smaller. The bags are also handy to have here because they keep the mildew and moisture away from things.Someone mentioned wall hangings, and I'd second that. I didn't bring that sort of thing with me, but they are on my list for my next trip to the US.
Thank you..We already sent pots and pans, but no Qtips yet and I will.The interior decorator already bought sheets, pillows, blankets...etc...and we also bought some wall hangings here.Thanks again

chimellie
Posted
Posted
No ... I forgot what it is like to cook on a real stove with built in oven (imagine that .. a built in oven)..... and a big double door refrig would just leave me spell bound ..... but now the 150 in "Life Screen" plasma TV (and it's only $75,000) he is sending could cover my whole wall and I could charge admission to the locals as a movie theater ..... I could sell pop-corn and tuba ..... now that's a good combination ...... by the way tuba vinegar is super and that's all we use now ..... adds a really great taste to almost everything .....
Sorry Mike, I am not buying the TV yet, you have to settle with your 14'' black and white TV for now and cook outside with charcoal. SugarwareZ-011.gif

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: :SugarwareZ-034: :SugarwareZ-034: :SugarwareZ-034:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sorry Mike, I am not buying the TV yet, you have to settle with your 14'' black and white TV for now and cook outside with charcoal. SugarwareZ-011.gif
Try to keep it quiet,Mike dont know that colour TV has been invented th_whatsup.gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Have you found a source? For the vinegar or should we have them bring you some next time they come to town?

Terp
Posted
Posted

Probable won't be something you need, but if you have a shoe size of US 14 or larger you might want to buy a couple pairs of shoes while you have the chance because you're not gonna find them here...

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Tom S ......... yes Julie found some at the wet market a few blocks from here ...... but thanks ..... Terp ... wide sizes are also hard to find here ...... I wear a 11 EEE and it is rather difficult to find but not impossible ..... all except slippers ..... hahahaha

chimellie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lots of stores are having big sales 75% off and some with 50%. We bought some kitchen and bathroom gadgets. I got a feeling most of the stores in my town are going under because of the economy. You can get a nice 22'' LCD TV for about $200 at the local store now, and Mike : They stopped selling black and white TV's :wt-hell: . Toshiba DVD upconverting 1080P player for 60 bucks. High quality bathtowels for 2 bucks a piece with 75% off . Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV's used to sell for 35k, now you can pick one up for 23K.

Edited by chimellie