Why Does This Forum Advertise A Sex Forum?

PuppyDog
Posted
Posted

Ok, I am new here, and maybe out of line, but I was attracted to this forum because of what I saw on most other Philippine forums.I have been busy reading posts and trying to learn the nature of each member, and for the most part, this seems like a good forum.I have learned long ago that all forums have rules and that ONLY the mods and admin should decide what needs enforcement.So I have 2 questions that maybe can be answered.In the forum rules I read: "LanguageMembers are not allowed to use bad language on this forum; please show respect to all other members including women. Posts must be written in English."Yet in many posts I find swear words that add nothing to the post. Is it a rule that is not really enforced?The forum I left claims to be "Family Orientated", and the Owner/mods all allow the constant use of very foul language.I am no prude, and of course I hear those words often, but when people write, it is a very conscious thing to actual write those words.It is not as if they "slipped" out. It was a deliberate use. I know that many women leave forums when the forums start to degrade to allowing vulgar words. I also know that children maycome upon some threads in a search for a topic. Maybe most of the members really don't care, but I am curious why have a rule,but not enforce it?Next question.I was really surprised to see in theRecommended Web Sites And ForumsA link to a Cebu Nightlife forum.Why do you feel the need to advertise and support a website that promotes the denigration of the very women that we claim to love?I know the individual that owns/operates that website, as he has been involved with many Philippine forums and websites, and hasbeen around for quite some time.I simply cannot understand why this forum would want to send any traffic to that website. If people wish to discuss those kinds oftopics, they can find that forum on their own. It sure makes it look like this forum supports that kind of business and discussionsabout the women of the Philippines.I hope I am not open a hot topic, as that is not my objective. My questions are real and would like a respectful response, so that Ican better understand what this forum is all about.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

All good questions and I am glad you brought them up. The short answer to the first is that we try not to heavily moderate but at the same time we prefer no profanity is used, except in the Xrated joke section, which is clearly marked, so no one has to read there if those types of jokes offend them. Next we are all adults and as such we sometimes get out of hand, I like you prefer it to be a family type forum, but at the same time realize that members are most often adults and sometimes stray, so if we spanked (moderated) everyone who strayed, then there would be no members on this forum because even I stray at times. Last as to why we have a link to a site that I do not approve of either on this forum, the answer is that people who prefer that type of life, need a place to go to, or they would try to ruin this forum with their trash talk. So in other words, give them a place they can live that type of life, because we do not wish it to be talked about on here. So while we do not promote that type of life, or direct people to go to those forums, we give people an alternative in order to keep that type of talk off this forum. Right or wrong, some people do not know how to use search engines and find this forum because they misinterpret the name, when they actually wanted a a sex site.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey PuppyDog,Oh my, oh my........right away I thought about my own posts that may have motivated you to question the rules of this forum by you "finding swear words that add nothing to the post". If you could be more specific, just list some of the words you found without naming the poster(s) and perhaps we could tone it down a bit.Welcome aboard by the way, respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
Korrecting my Inglesh agin

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A very well written opening post! You sure got my attention. It seems to me you are saying this is a good forum but there are ways to improve it. One of the things you mention is members swearing. I hear that. It is a fine line between what one man sees as acceptable and another finds objectionable so when you say:

but when people write, it is a very conscious thing to actual write those words.
I have to say that I write as I speak every day. So it is not a conscious thing to actually write whichever words I use. Perhaps there is nothing in my posts that you object to. There are others who humorously inject Superfluous, Weird, Extraneous And Redundant words to their posts but it is a rare thing, done for a smile I expect.Anyway, all forums have room to improve so I hope to see more of your posts as you contribute to helping this one.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Ok, I am new here, and maybe out of line, but I was attracted to this forum because of what I saw on most other Philippine forums.I have been busy reading posts and trying to learn the nature of each member, and for the most part, this seems like a good forum.I have learned long ago that all forums have rules and that ONLY the mods and admin should decide what needs enforcement.So I have 2 questions that maybe can be answered.In the forum rules I read: "LanguageMembers are not allowed to use bad language on this forum; please show respect to all other members including women. Posts must be written in English."Yet in many posts I find swear words that add nothing to the post. Is it a rule that is not really enforced?The forum I left claims to be "Family Orientated", and the Owner/mods all allow the constant use of very foul language.I am no prude, and of course I hear those words often, but when people write, it is a very conscious thing to actual write those words.It is not as if they "slipped" out. It was a deliberate use. I know that many women leave forums when the forums start to degrade to allowing vulgar words. I also know that children maycome upon some threads in a search for a topic. Maybe most of the members really don't care, but I am curious why have a rule,but not enforce it?Next question.I was really surprised to see in theRecommended Web Sites And ForumsA link to a Cebu Nightlife forum.Why do you feel the need to advertise and support a website that promotes the denigration of the very women that we claim to love?I know the individual that owns/operates that website, as he has been involved with many Philippine forums and websites, and hasbeen around for quite some time.I simply cannot understand why this forum would want to send any traffic to that website. If people wish to discuss those kinds oftopics, they can find that forum on their own. It sure makes it look like this forum supports that kind of business and discussionsabout the women of the Philippines.I hope I am not open a hot topic, as that is not my objective. My questions are real and would like a respectful response, so that Ican better understand what this forum is all about.
This forum has a bad word filter so where is the profanity?A so called bad word will look like this, f#@k or what ever unless I write it as I am exempt from the filter.We also link to a night life forum for the purpose of linking to other sites which increases search engine ratings. People can choose what interest them and to whether they go to certain sites or topics for that matter.The other forum you are on has a banner link to a sex site on the bottom of the forum,at your own post count of 287 posts it has not bothered you. I wonder if the Hey Joe at that nightlife site is the same member?Its a big world out there and people have choices,if you go to Jolibies you dont have to like all on the menu,you pick and choose the parts that you like.Matt can write copy this if he wants too.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your feedback. I'm unable to find any profanity here FWIW I feel the same as you.There is a major difference between linking and advertising if this forum were to include that kind of content I would not chose to participate.Have you any experiences to do with Philippines you would care to share with us?

PuppyDog
Posted
Posted

I will try to answer each response.Kuya Lee, thank you for answering and explaining. Even if we both dislike the link to the Nightlife forum, it is something I can live with. I just wanted to hear the logic behind having that link. Jake, I won't list all the words found and the posters, but simply use the search function at top right and search for the common swear words.I did it for $hit (of course use s = $) and I come up with 24 hits and 2 in the dirty joke section.Try it for Fu@k ( again @=c) and we have 2 in general forum, and 1 in dirty jokes. Also note who used it: BossMan in both.Hounddriver... Yes, I can live with the words, I just wanted to see the reason for having a rule, that seemed to be OK to break.BossMan, see above and just do a search. No, the Hey Joe on the other forum is NOT me. Yes, I know of the advertisements on the other forum and of the underlying endorsement of the sex trade business.Again, thank you for response, and I can live with explanation.Old55, Thank you for welcome, I guess i need to go to the intro section and do proper introductionTo see what is posted, just use search function as explained above. Again no big deal, but I really wanted to hear reasoning to allow a rule to be broken.I must disagree with your opinion. Linking to a website, to me is an endorsement. Would linking to an X rated site be OK?Yes, I am married to a Filipina since 1977. We have 3 grown children. I am retired from US Navy, and make yearly trips to the Philippines to our home in Leyte. Right now we are in the USA, and looking for cheap tickets, which seem to not exist.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I really pay no mind to advertisements I see on Boss Mans forum unless it's of some interest to me! I know that they are there for other member's curiosity, but for me, I only get as far as the head title! If the title doesn't catch my attention or curiosity, I just go to other things as long as the advertisement wasn't offensive and didn't bother me! I don't let small stuff bother me as long it doesn't involve me personally in a bad or unfair way! I'm a mild Fil/Am in nature, but I do have a temper when intentionality pushed around by forum trouble makers, which I'm glad there aren't any here anymore thanks to the Boss Man and his administrators who keeps a tight ship! AddEmoticons04230.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I will try to answer each response.Kuya Lee, thank you for answering and explaining. Even if we both dislike the link to the Nightlife forum, it is something I can live with. I just wanted to hear the logic behind having that link. Jake, I won't list all the words found and the posters, but simply use the search function at top right and search for the common swear words.I did it for $hit (of course use s = $) and I come up with 24 hits and 2 in the dirty joke section.Try it for Fu@k ( again @=c) and we have 2 in general forum, and 1 in dirty jokes. Also note who used it: BossMan in both.Hounddriver... Yes, I can live with the words, I just wanted to see the reason for having a rule, that seemed to be OK to break.BossMan, see above and just do a search. No, the Hey Joe on the other forum is NOT me. Yes, I know of the advertisements on the other forum and of the underlying endorsement of the sex trade business.Again, thank you for response, and I can live with explanation.Old55, Thank you for welcome, I guess i need to go to the intro section and do proper introductionTo see what is posted, just use search function as explained above. Again no big deal, but I really wanted to hear reasoning to allow a rule to be broken.I must disagree with your opinion. Linking to a website, to me is an endorsement. Would linking to an X rated site be OK?Yes, I am married to a Filipina since 1977. We have 3 grown children. I am retired from US Navy, and make yearly trips to the Philippines to our home in Leyte. Right now we are in the USA, and looking for cheap tickets, which seem to not exist.
I did a search and I found one in the Xjoke section, which is totally acceptable, and one where Tom was expanding on something I said, so again totally acceptable since we are all adults, now if you go to some sites, then you will see guys tell you to go F yourself but spell it out and use the words as attacks, Or they might even say worse to you, so this forum is tame when compared to many you will find out there, and especially so when we are talking about the holier than thou blogs, where the owner of the blog can lie and insult people, and then refuse to be a man and admit he was wrong and retract his statement, as was the case when that blog said an admin on here did this or did that, since I am the only admin on here, and Tom is the Forum Manager, but still with admin abilities. I dare Matt or anyone to tell me to my face that I did what he claims I did, because they would be down right liars. I feel that we are all adults and should be able to read a few words without our eyes or eardrums burning. Also as the owner of this forum, Tom can do anything his little heart desires, just as a certain blog owner feels he can. Now Tom and I have the filters shut off for us, so we can discuss things in the back end of the forum without having to watch our p's and q's, so we often forget that, and sometimes slip, full well expecting the filter to change the words. I know for a fact that I have done that in the past and then reread what I posted at a later date and was surprised that I had posted it. So, I think the main point is to get along and any direct curse words posted by members on the open forum will be deleted. Added, it is impossible to please everyone when moderating a forum, so we just do our best. Edited by Kuya Lee
add content

PuppyDog
Posted
Posted

Kuya LeeI didn't mean to imply that I am overly offended by the curse words. I just wanted an explanation as I have seen forums with rules that made me join, and then realize that the rules are not followed by the owner/mods friends, and are only applied with someone they dislike.

Also as the owner of this forum, Tom can do anything his little heart desires, just as a certain blog owner feels he can.
Yes he can, but he must consider the readership and members. There are too many forums out there, and as you know, it is easy to leave any one of them. Look at the the memberships of many, and then look at the very few active posters. On one forum it is always the same few that are talking among themselves. I have been on many forums, including most of the Yahoo groups, and have watched a good venue turn to bad, by allowing the thugs to take over. The good people leave in droves.As of now, I can see the trouble makers banned and forbidden to return, as another forum allows. What is the point of banning, if one can return under a new name?Right, I fully understand the rules about attacking people. Everyone deserves their rights to their opinions. But on the other hand, if you are going to post those opinions, be prepared to be questioned and be ready to defend what you said. I tried to post several comments in that Blog, but he has me on moderation, and my comments will never be seen. That says alot about the guy.I guess he has his readership and followers, and this forum has its following. All fine and dandy. Just happy to be here and so far so good.