Why Does This Forum Advertise A Sex Forum?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Kuya LeeI didn't mean to imply that I am overly offended by the curse words. I just wanted an explanation as I have seen forums with rules that made me join, and then realize that the rules are not followed by the owner/mods friends, and are only applied with someone they dislike.
Also as the owner of this forum, Tom can do anything his little heart desires, just as a certain blog owner feels he can.
Yes he can, but he must consider the readership and members. There are too many forums out there, and as you know, it is easy to leave any one of them. Look at the the memberships of many, and then look at the very few active posters. On one forum it is always the same few that are talking among themselves. I have been on many forums, including most of the Yahoo groups, and have watched a good venue turn to bad, by allowing the thugs to take over. The good people leave in droves.As of now, I can see the trouble makers banned and forbidden to return, as another forum allows. What is the point of banning, if one can return under a new name?Right, I fully understand the rules about attacking people. Everyone deserves their rights to their opinions. But on the other hand, if you are going to post those opinions, be prepared to be questioned and be ready to defend what you said. I tried to post several comments in that Blog, but he has me on moderation, and my comments will never be seen. That says alot about the guy.I guess he has his readership and followers, and this forum has its following. All fine and dandy. Just happy to be here and so far so good.
Yes all of the forum team have to consider what we do and how we do it, but at the same time we often have to say things that members may not understand unless they have been members for a long time and have followed the forum during some of those rough patches.I guess going a bit off topic now, but to answer your question, there are ways we (the forum team) know who is who, that members cannot see, so yes a person can try to join again under another name but he will be moderated as a new member and we will know who he is before his posts see the light of day. Some have tried and we stopped them before they became full members, I always compare new members to previous members, so they might be able to read because we tend to not ban them again as long as they behave and stay new members. We do not mind them reading, but we will not tolerate them starting the same games they got banned for in the first place, thus one of the many reasons new members are moderated.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Jake, I won't list all the words found and the posters, but simply use the search function at top right and search for the common swear words.I did it for $hit (of course use s = $) and I come up with 24 hits and 2 in the dirty joke section.Try it for Fu@k ( again @=c) and we have 2 in general forum, and 1 in dirty jokes. Also note who used it: BossMan in both.
Let me just tell you what a bad word filter does,it changes the word to take out the "Heat" of the meaning.Do you think we can control everyone's way of expressing themselves?What do you think a dirty joke section is for and the warnings on the forum it self.Also as I got out of the wrong side of the bed today I will remind you that you do not have to be here,it is a privilege to be a member not a right.If you wish to come on here to stir the pot over nothing then you know what will happen.I am tired of people coming from other forums with the sole purpose of being a pain.Oh to add,out of 33000 post you found 2 examples of a filtered word,good to see it works.

PuppyDog
Posted
Posted

Boss ManI will take your advice.......Good byeI do not want to stay where I am NOT wanted.Not my loss to leave, and looks like its not your loss.So long..............................

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Ok, I am new here, and maybe out of line. . . .
Rule 1: The BossMan is always right.Rule 2: If you think something is not quite right with this forum, see Rule 1.Rule 3: If you cannot accept Rule 1 then you are doing the right thing by leaving this forum. (And the same can be said for any other forum I have participated in.)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Boss ManI will take your advice.......Good byeI do not want to stay where I am NOT wanted.Not my loss to leave, and looks like its not your loss.So long..............................
Goodbye

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

th_thholysheep.gifWhat? Did I miss something here? Good bye already from Puppy Dog? Oh Well, good bye then if you can't take Boss Man's constructive criticizeum! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Edited by Art2ro

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Bloody hell, what the #@% was that all about.............

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Bloody hell, what the #@% was that all about.............
Nothing to worry about, every now and then someone comes along and tries to impose their will on the members and the forum, and while I also do not like profanity on the forum, guys like him seem to look for reasons to nit pick, so if he saw what he liked here, then he would have just posted and said nothing and then later on, once well known to the members, voiced his opinion and it might have had more impact then. It shall be noted in one of his posts that he said he has been banned from every forum he had been on, we did not ban him and he left on his own. We do have a curse filter and some try to get around that by using similar words, I would appreciate it if members can refrain from doing so as much as possible, because there are women who read this forum, and some have been offended by some of the words used on it, my wife being one of those.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Just my sense of humour Lee...

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Just my sense of humour Lee...
:th_thholysheep:23_11_60[2].gif