Black Widows Of Philippines

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Much has been said about a man who may or may not be responsible for the death of his wife.BUT what about the "BLACK WIDOWS" who have committed the same(or been accused)of such an act ,usually to "collect his "military pension"or life insurance benefits .. LETS give equal access to the women who have : :th_exactly:1.been accused of such crime2. been convicted 3 family members been accused

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Much has been said about a man who may or may not be responsible for the death of his wife.BUT what about the "BLACK WIDOWS" who have committed the same(or been accused)of such an act ,usually to "collect his "military pension"or life insurance benefits .. LETS give equal access to the women who have : :th_exactly:1.been accused of such crime2. been convicted 3 family members been accused
If you are talking about the western world, I think Black Widows get as much attention from the police as their male equivalent.But for those who are new to the Philippines you should know that there are more than a few widows of foreigners who are suspected to be 'Black Widows'. The police, public and local family members seem to have the 'couldn't care less' attitude when a foreigner dies of an unknown 'infection' and the widow gets a pension and cash. Few people will do more than suggest the possibility as there is no David Caruso here, no CSI team, few if any autopsies.They say love is blind but I suggest you always keep your mind open to the possibility. In my opinion only, I would suggest that 1 in 10 foreigners, who seem to die of natural causes, die under suspicious circumstances in the Philippines.Pointing fingers will help no one but keeping your eyes open and your wits about you just might help you avoid a potential Black Widow.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
If you are talking about the western world, I think Black Widows get as much attention from the police as their male equivalent.But for those who are new to the Philippines you should know that there are more than a few widows of foreigners who are suspected to be 'Black Widows'. The police, public and local family members seem to have the 'couldn't care less' attitude when a foreigner dies of an unknown 'infection' and the widow gets a pension and cash. Few people will do more than suggest the possibility as there is no David Caruso here, no CSI team, few if any autopsies.They say love is blind but I suggest you always keep your mind open to the possibility. In my opinion only, I would suggest that 1 in 10 foreigners, who seem to die of natural causes, die under suspicious circumstances in the Philippines.Pointing fingers will help no one but keeping your eyes open and your wits about you just might help you avoid a potential Black Widow.
IMHO it is always advisable to be worth more alive than dead until you fully know your lady, so if a pension, social security or bank accounts do not transfer automatically to your lady, then anyone who has not been with their lady for a number of years and therefore knows her well enough to know she or her family will not kill you for your money, would then be safe. Now with that said, my wife had the chance to collect on a $200,000 insurance policy (that is dollars and not pesos), when I had serious allergic reaction and went into Anaphylactic shock‎ and gave me a life saving shot, full well knowing that my term insurance policy would expire in a few months, so good wives do exist, and not all of them are in it for the money.
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifBad day at the office Ed? Who are those "Black Widows" are you talking about? Give us some specifics! Sounds like a lot of Kano's ex-wives or movie harlots from the past "Golden Years"! So, who are you referring about? SugarwareZ-037.gifmocking.gif

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

I bring this up for 2 reasons , the "man" who was deported when his late wife was "found"2. about 1 week ago on "CI" channel . their was a story about 1 "fine outstanding" wife who had 2 husbands who haddied, 1st he was "killed" inside the relatives house, (relative (s) was arrested ,charged but later "released"he was buried but body was never returned to the USAsome family member was"trying" extort money so the body would be given/returned back. 2nd husband was killed (in RP)( motorcycle attack i believe) his body was cremated very shortly after ,so any " evidence " was lost,. BOTH husbands was "retired " military.the show was VERY interesting.,, make a long story short, this lady/wife found her just reward . however the cailifornia police has " no" suspects or arrest had been made.'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''I post this(not because i had a bad day or not my BM :unsure:) ... 1. anytime another person takes a life is wrong(self defense or euthanasia, maybe acceptable)2. Articles have been posted/forums on personal safety but nothing on this....3.maybe another member who has lived here longer may or would know more about this type of "incidents" AS THIS FORUM IS both for information,educational, supportive and of course entertaining ,WITH THIS SAID, maybe,hopefullythis could help someone or at least to think about the slight chance this could happen to them or a friend....I am certain without a doubt that this forum has helped many people. that is why i started this.

Edited by ed villas

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. . so good wives do exist, and not all of them are in it for the money.
Absolutely. I'm sure that the vast majority of filipinas married to foreign men are good wives. I am simply suggesting that there is very little incentive for the 'bad girls' to keep their husbands alive. There appears to be little if any prosecution of 'Black Widows' in the Philippines and there is no peer pressure or moral issues to it.Just as an example, a fellow I knew was in a 5 year bad marriage, all 5 of those years in the Philippines. He was on the verge of separation. Suddenly he died of an unknown infection, the wife promptly started sleeping openly with their driver, and the money from his pension continues to roll in. Of course there is more to the story, none of it flattering for her, but it is pointless to go into it except as a 'word to the wise' for those who expect marriage here to be similar to their home country.PS I don't usually bring this topic up in forums although this kind of thing is openly talked about with other expats at the kitchen table. The reasons are that there is never going to be any real police investigation and the new expats never listen anyway. I only mentioned it because the topic was raised by Ed 1%20(172).gif
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

These things do in fact happen according to some I have spoken to. In fact I heard of one mother-in-law who tried to kill/poison her son in law because she thought he would be worth more dead than alive, problem was that if he stopped working, then his wife would then end up with nothing. The wife in that case told the husband before it was too late, so it is not always the wife who tried to kill the husband, and maybe the wife was smart enough to know that once the golden goose died, so would the golden eggs stop being hatched. I believe this to be a real issue that members should be aware of, yet not to the extent that they treat their ladies differently than they wish to be treated.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

posting was from dave hounddriverPS I don't usually bring this topic up in forums although this kind of thing is openly talked about with other expats at the kitchen table. The reasons are that there is never going to be any real police investigation and the new expats never listen anyway. I only mentioned it because the topic was raised by Ed Your so correct that their might not or never be an investigation. BUT who knows.about 1 year ago several tourists was "drugged" robbed, however 1 person had taken photos, of coursethe local police didnt have the resources to assist. THE American embassy (i believe the Legal attache ) assisted , they did catch all of these people. I am sure if something happened to you or your loved one/best friend/ bar buddy. they would want someone to stand up for them making sure that "justice" is done

Edited by ed villas

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

the odd thing I was thinking about this same topic all day..and was about to ask you guys something like:"Have you ever thought that your sweet wife could kill you anytime when you sleep or poison your meal?"And this is not towards the locals women only but anywhere in the world.Did you ever see this movie with Michael Douglas?http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098621/th_thholysheep.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

So, none of you Kanos married to Filipinos should have nothing to worry about, because you're worth a lot more alive than dead by your "Black Widow" wives of the Philippines! th_thholysheep.gif So, stop being paranoid! Treat your wives & extend families well or move far far away! AddEmoticons04230.gifmocking.gif