Ssdi Checks

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Many people confuse the terms and intermix them. Only he knows which one he is actually on, but if he has hardly worked, and is only 25 years old, then he would not qualify for regular SSD or obviously also called SSDI, which I was not aware of since I never researched it before. HERE is the actual Social Security web site and below it what it says. I stand corrected on the term SSDI which in my time was only known as Social Security Disability. The Social Security and Supplemental Security Income disability programs are the largest of several Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities. While these two programs are different in many ways, both are administered by the Social Security Administration and only individuals who have a disability and meet medical criteria may qualify for benefits under eithrprogram.
Social Security Disability Insurance
pays benefits to you and certain members of your family if you are "insured,"
meaning that you worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes.
Supplemental Security Income
pays benefits based on financial need.
I was not the one who said he was no longer entitled, or had to report being out of the country, he was the one who said it in his posts. I advised he contact a lawyer with his questions, twice.
hello i also have a question,im just now finding out,about you were suppose to report living outside of usa on a ssdi to the social security,
then i see it for the first time,you cant be outside the usa for more then 30 days without reporting it,
Yes Lee, I do think Todd has intermixed the difference between his SSDI with the SSI rules, because SSI is the only Social Security benefit that is stopped if one is out of the U.S. more than 30 days, but Todd has stated that he has SSDI and so the 30 day restriction out of the U.S. does not apply! So if that's the case and he truly has SSDI, he has nothing to report or to worry about! Let's wait and see what Todd has to say!
Thanks guys for the clarification of all these acronyms and their definitions and differences. The other US social security benefit is called social security retirement benefits, which we paid as tax every since we started work. I believe there are no restrictions about stoppage of retirement benefits no matter where you live. I believe we must also register at the nearest US consulate and appear in person periodically (to update address and verify identity) in order to continue receiving our SS pension. I would prefer to have it deposited in a US bank account in the States and try to figure out a way to withdraw that money from PI. Same way with my US military pension......For the benefit of new members, do we need to further clarify that? Respectfully -- Jake Edited by Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Whatever happened to the original poster? He left us all hanging! SugarwareZ-034.gif