Abortion Is Illegal...

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is extremely important....so I'm NOT here trying to talk again about religion ok?I just got to wonder after the recent threads if then abortion was not legal there...and it seems it's not.http://en.wikipedia....the_PhilippinesOk....so my questions are:1) how do women feel about taking contraceptive pills?2) from the above article, it seems that "despite legal restrictions, in 1994 there were 400,000 abortions performed illegally in the Philippines" so, does anyone know how much does it cost? (just in case...) 3) what if the woman travels outside the country to do it? Thank you

Edited by wallaby

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
This is extremely important....so I'm NOT here trying to talk again about religion ok?I just got to wonder after the recent threads if then abortion was not legal there...and it seems it's not.http://en.wikipedia....the_PhilippinesOk....so my questions are:1) how do women feel about taking contraceptive pills?2) from the above article, it seems that "despite legal restrictions, in 1994 there were 400,000 abortions performed illegally in the Philippines" so, does anyone know how much does it cost? (just in case...) 3) what if the woman travels outside the country to do it? Thank you
From those women we know personally and some relatives, birth control devices such as IUD's are used, but those women already have had children and the drive to have children is great for those who have not, so IMO it would be more up to the man to wear a raincoat, to make sure there are no babies produced, because some ladies might get the idea that if they have your baby, then you would have to marry them or be obligated to support the child and her, and besides that, they might just wish to have your baby because having a mixed baby is often highly regarded in the Philippines. My opinion is to not even think about abortion and not for any religious reasons on my part, and since it is illegal, I am sure that if they know a foreigner is involved, then costs will go up, and besides that, like everything else in the Philippines, it will depend on what part of the Philippines it is done in, to how much it would cost. Breaking any law might have serious consequences for the foreigner, so probably best to not even discuss costs, but if people wish to then please no one mention where they know it can be done.

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
From those women we know personally and some relatives, birth control devices such as IUD's are used, but those women already have had children and the drive to have children is great for those who have not, so IMO it would be more up to the man to wear a raincoat, to make sure there are no babies produced, because some ladies might get the idea that if they have your baby, then you would have to marry them or be obligated to support the child and her, and besides that, they might just wish to have your baby because having a mixed baby is often highly regarded in the Philippines. My opinion is to not even think about abortion and not for any religious reasons on my part, and since it is illegal, I am sure that if they know a foreigner is involved, then costs will go up, and besides that, like everything else in the Philippines, it will depend on what part of the Philippines it is done in, to how much it would cost. Breaking any law might have serious consequences for the foreigner, so probably best to not even discuss costs, but if people wish to then please no one mention where they know it can be done.
HI...marriage is not my concern...you should know it by now. But babies are really a turn off for me, sorry.Q1) What's a IUD device???Q2) can't they just say an idea....$1,000....$5,000 ?Thanks

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
HI...marriage is not my concern...you should know it by now. But babies are really a turn off for me, sorry.Q1) What's a IUD device???Q2) can't they just say an idea....$1,000....$5,000 ?Thanks
I did not say they cannot mention it, I just wrote that it might be best to not list costs (since it is illegal in the PHL) and if they did then please to not mention where. People can write anything they wish in private messages and then it does not affect the whole forum. So if someone wishes to share when and how much, then they can always pm that part of the discussion. IUD The intrauterine device (IUD) is a form of birth control; it is an object, placed in the uterus, to prevent pregnancy. I did not wish to have children at all, and it was almost a deal breaker with my wife before we met, but she finally accepted that I already had a vasectomy and therefore could not produce children no matter what. So if you feel the way you do, then you might wish to do as I did many years ago, have a vasectomy and then no need to fear every having to worry about a mistake.

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted
I did not wish to have children at all, and it was almost a deal breaker with my wife before we met, but she finally accepted that I already had a vasectomy and therefore could not produce children no matter what. So if you feel the way you do, then you might wish to do as I did many years ago, have a vasectomy and then no need to fear every having to worry about a mistake.
No way! I hardly go to a doctor unless I'm really really sick...the only thought to have surgery makes me sick!Damn it....even in India and China it's legal...this is pure tragedy for me.SugarwareZ-034.gifI got a selection of smoking babes and now I can't even risk to touch one th_thholysheep.gif

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted (edited)

and I just had an email conversation with one...21 years old nurse...this how she ended her last reply:"i got your point.. :)thank you for sharing it. you know so many things. well, got to sleep now coz tomorrow is sunday, lets go to church and have time with Jesus.talk to you again tomorrow. take care there! :)God bless you more and more."and yes I replied with "God bless" to her as well...see Boss? I can learn it!

Edited by wallaby

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I did not wish to have children at all, and it was almost a deal breaker with my wife before we met, but she finally accepted that I already had a vasectomy and therefore could not produce children no matter what. So if you feel the way you do, then you might wish to do as I did many years ago, have a vasectomy and then no need to fear every having to worry about a mistake.
No way! I hardly go to a doctor unless I'm really really sick...the only thought to have surgery makes me sick!Damn it....even in India and China it's legal...this is pure tragedy for me.SugarwareZ-034.gifI got a selection of smoking babes and now I can't even risk to touch one th_thholysheep.gif
A Vasectomy is just about painless and is done in the doctors office, in fact I had mine done while lying down and reading a newspaper as the doctor numbed the area and then the only thing I felt was a small pulling in my stomach area as he must have been pulling on the vasa deferentia to pull it out of the sack so he could cut it. I guess there was some discomfort for a day or so afterwards because of the staples he put in to prevent bleeding, so a man has to do what a man has to do, in order to prevent possible future issues we do not wish to deal with. So could you get an abortion done either in the Philippines or by bringing her to another country, probably, but what if she died from it, how would you then feel? I know I could not live with myself, and I would then feel like I killed her myself, because it would have probably been done against her will, since most good and religious ladies would feel it was a serious sin and therefore I doubt most would wish to have it done. So while I am not saying this to attack you, it seems like you want it all, but do not wish to even go to the trouble of having a vasectomy to prevent a lady from possibly ending up dying from an illegal abortion. Does not sound fair to me, you would wish her to undergo a dangerous operation that might kill her, but you would not go for a 30 minute procedure yourself. Maybe think about it some more and if you cannot deal with how things are in the Philippines, then maybe it is time to start thinking about another country where such things might be legal and the norm, so the women themselves wish to have a baby aborted and in that way it was not you making her do it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I know of more than one man who has tried to assist a girl with an illegal abortion. I would not be one of those but I will tell you the results. In one case the American man paid a 'medical' person to perform an abortion. It was expensive, it was a 'bloody' mess, and it could have killed her. Imagine the mess he would have been in then... In the other case the American man involved gave the girl money to go get an abortion where he was not known to be involved. Money gone, baby not gone was the result.But, of course, you are Australian so you may have different results.buttkick.gif

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

OK, thanks for the replies Kuya and Dave, but I never mentioned that I would support a dangerous operation.As far as I know, an abortion in most developed countries is a routine easy thing if done in the early stages and of course I would never let anyone who is not a very experienced doctor and in a very modern hospital touch my partner/wife. So, probably just now by your comments I realize that abortion there won't be the option.<BR class=Apple-interchange-newline>

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey Max,A selection of "smokin' babes", including that 21 year old nurse? Wow, sounds like you're wearing out your keyboard responding to all these "applicants". Finding the right one as you may know is only half the battle. The "right one" should also have the discretion to opt out on you, if things like not wanting children is yourchoice and not hers. Most young Filipinas I know have strong desire to have children before they get old. You need to put everything on the table from the get go and move on immediately before the relationship gets more serious. One more thing to consider in your quest to find the right partner is the fact that temptations and accidentsdo happen. What would be your reaction if the young lady approach you and said "I'm pregnant"?? Are youabsolutely sure that you are the father? And NOT one of her boyfriends or ex or current husband??? Thesubject of abortion will be out of the question. It's illegal, dangerous and guess what --- in their eyes, perhaps a way to "capture" you for all the wrong reasons. It could be a potential mine field, but as a good cop (formal) you may need to exercise your skills in reading between the lines or really focus on their body language once you finally meet each other(s). I really mustcommend you in doing your research at the earliest stage of internet dating and we all wish you the verybest.Good hunting -- Uncle Jake