Lets Compare Prices Of Items In Different Countries

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Bruce I take offense at your post. First you are writing about prostitutes and their costs and then it appears you put us all in the category with prostitutes with your words "In simple layman's terms, she, your wonderful Pinay wife, has revised her self worth and now, again, in layman's terms, thinks 'it' is worth far more that 'it' is!" That is a very disrespectful statement about my race and women in general.
Some people seem to be "offended" by this post, yet this "post" does has a significance, about the "cost of goods/services" 1.He made a good point about who some of the "CSW" are, it could be anyone,(young or even a senior ) 2.He is a HEALTH PROFESSIONAL offer/sharing his insight/opinion yes a few parts of his post could be "OFF TOPIC" however without those parts it would been too "SANITIZED",maybe he could have started a new post ,as not to "offend" but the news value of his post would have not reached as many members. THIS forum is to inform,share,enlighten,advise,entertain,assistin doing so, some time some people will be offended or PISxed off. :ocompared to "other forums", this is "quite tamed" as the support keeps this very clean/stable :541: , :508: thanks ed

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

th_thholysheep.gif Tony the Tiger says, "Kind of weird and unusual to mix or compare a prostitute with a box of plain corn flakes"! e3358.gif whistling.gifSugarwareZ-037.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

What are the costs nowadays of the lower priced gasoline in areas of the Philippines and elsewhere. Here in Florida it is now about $3.69 a gallon and last time we were in Cebu it worked out to over $4 a gallon. HERE is a link to a web site called Miami Gas prices if anyone wishes to compare prices in other areas. THIS LINK is for zip codes all over Florida, you can pick one and put it in and check prices all over the state, where available.

Candyman
Posted
Posted

For one litre of ordinary unleaded petrol here in NSW Australia, it is $1.51, which would work out to $6.41 for a gallon. Prices in Aussie dollars, which are now currently around 1 USD = 1.07 AUD. So converting it to US Dollars, that same gallon of Fuel in Australia would be $6.86 !

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gif Tony the Tiger says, "Kind of weird and unusual to mix or compare a prostitute with a box of plain corn flakes"! e3358.gif whistling.gifSugarwareZ-037.gif
That's why I only get the frosted ones.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

This is from Candyman about some of the other prices from Australiathank you for allowing me to post

ed villas, on 22 July 2011 - , said: what would be the cost of , coke. candy bar(hershey). loaf of bread, vegamite, hair cut,(mens) taxi fare 10 km roughly. movie ticket,fast food meal, beer,,cigarettes , just thought this could be helpful to the other members to know what it cost there now. thanks for the post
I don't usually buy the coke or candy bars, but for a 3 litre bottle of coke, it is usually around $3.49 in a supermarket.. No Hersheys here, but a block of Cadburys chocolate, was also $3.49, usually, a big tub of M & Ms is $12.99, We always buy the cheapest bread, and that is a "no Frills" brand, cost $1.09 a loaf. 3 litres of milk is $3.25, a carton of cigarettes of 200 is around about $100.00, depending on brands, Pall Mall is the cheapest at $96.00 a carton.My wife cuts my hair, but if I was to go up the road, one barber charges $10.00, the other, (a unisex salon) charges $15.00 for men.. I can't comment on Taxi fares, as I never use them (we are out in the sticks ). I haven't been to a movie theatre in over 30 years, (we just watch DVDs at home, where I burn those myself. I don't know the price of vegemite now, but a fast food meal for 2 adults and 2 kids, is usually between $35 and $40. Takaway Noodles is around $10 a tub and better value than Mcdonalds. KFC to feed the four of us, is commonly between $40, and $50.. Our electricity bills average out at around $600 a quarter, $2,400 per year.My wife usually does all the major shopping, and she never goes overboard. She waits till a lot of stuff is on special, like coffee (International Roast, maxwell house, Nescafe blend 43, or bushells ) commonly the normal price for the big tins is from $15, --$30 (for the blend 43), but when it is on special, it is usually for either $8.99 or $9.99, then she buys a dozen or so at a time. I hope this helps. Ken. Yes, you can copy and paste the lot if you like or just the parts that's relevant, it's up to you ! Another one is eggs, $2.69 a dozen, bacon, (Cheap brand) $8.99 for 500 grams. 8.99=413 p / 3.49=160p600=27579p .. 3.25=149p yahoo conversion rate ..7/22/11 done by ed

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I don’t really take any notice on the prices of food and services here in the Philippines, because I know when buying imported or exported items I know they will usually be 50% to 100% higher than your luxury items, local grocery items and other produce and or services! So, if we want something and we can afford it, we'll buy it within reason! My eyeballs don't do well reading a bunch of numbers or what the labels says on the items except for the warranties, specs, bad ingredients, the best buy date and expiration dates! My wife is the comparison shopper and knows what and not what to buy! I just set aside our monthly budget for everything and at the end of the month, we set aside the extra money into our emergency fund for those other unexpected expenses that may come up whenever! Yeah, it's just all about budgeting one's fanciness in order to live comfortably here in the Philippines or elsewhere!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Since Ed listed it, M&M's (which is one of my favorites when I break down and eat candy) here in a 42 oz bag are $7.88, although the picture they posted ON THIS PAGE shows a 27 oz bag, so I am not sure which is correct, the photo, or the size listed, but I suspect the size listed. 0004000032438_180X180.jpgWalmart's home page HERE if people wish to look things up for themselves. I find many of the items less expensive here such as cookies, peanuts, candy, coffee and the list goes on and on, but I can see how items must be much less expensive for those from Australia, the UK, and I am sure some other places, so for those people, the Philippines must be a lot less expensive. The thing which I find even more frustrating than the higher prices of foods, is the lack of availability in the Philippines of many items, a large variety of sugar free or no sugar added items being one, but life goes on anyway.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

You stay in Florida Lee...the wife wanting to live here.Nuff said....ANYPLACE in Florida > ANYPLACE in the PhilippinesIf it wasn't for you wife, this place would not even be on your radar in terms of living. Serious...it's brutal here. You know it, I know it...most any foreigner aside from trailer parker's know it.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Brutal here in the Philippines? The summer heat, snow, flooding, road rage and tornadoes in the U.S. isn't brutal? SugarwareZ-037.gifOPS! Off topic! Sorry!

Edited by Art2ro