Lets Compare Prices Of Items In Different Countries

i am bob
Posted
Posted
so on average uk retiree will have £8500 pa. which is say roughly 50,000 peso per month.
Just out of curiosity... Are there taxes that have to be taken out of that 8500?

Genius
Posted
Posted

Not sure, the report I read did not make it clear. Probably not because at moment first £9400 of income for someone 65 is within the personal allowance before one has to pay taxes.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
so on average uk retiree will have £8500 pa. which is say roughly 50,000 peso per month.
Just out of curiosity... Are there taxes that have to be taken out of that 8500?
What's pa? I don't even have the pound sign on my keyboard! 8,500 Pounds = PhP50,000 (USD 1,176) the average U.K. retiree at age 65?We have a British friend in his 70s with his Filipina wife and we just came back from our Hong Kong 4 day trip and got out BB stamp upon re-entry! He just arrived in the Philippines a few months ago to stay permanently, because his pension is surely under 8,500 pounds a month and he's sort of frugal with his retirement pension and plus he said that he would probably not survive another winter snow in the U.K. at his old age and he has nothing to go back to in England!

Genius
Posted
Posted

I think your questions will be all replied by me explaining that 8500 pa means per annum, so per annum in dollars that is 12000 dollars, or 1000 dollars per month or as you sau 50k peso per month.

Genius
Posted
Posted

8500 per month would of course would be 600,000 peso, which yes is not average in uk, probably top .5% of population in uk for retirement income.

Genius
Posted
Posted

Thats why talking about averages is pretty useless...... like i said earlier, 200000 peso isnt that much in uk for a middle aged professional in the southeast, really it isnt. So yes, pensioners in the uk, do not do well on average. Its akin to talking about the maid on 5000 peso a month in the phils, disparity in income exists everywhere, just that in Uk, europe etc, we have NHS, housing benefit, free education, bus passes, an infrastructure etc to ameliorate the consequences of such unlike the phils.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
8500 per month would of course would be 600,000 peso, which yes is not average in uk, probably top .5% of population in uk for retirement income.Thats why talking about averages is pretty useless...... like i said earlier, 200000 peso isnt that much in uk for a middle aged professional in the southeast, really it isnt. So yes, pensioners in the uk, do not do well on average. Its akin to talking about the maid on 5000 peso a month in the phils, disparity in income exists everywhere, just that in Uk, europe etc, we have NHS, housing benefit, free education, bus passes, an infrastructure etc to ameliorate the consequences of such unlike the phils
The original post said per annum! Now it's 200,000 or 600,000 pesos! Confusing! Talking about averages is the norm and not useless! What I mean by averages, the low, medium and high end of one's pension one has to live on, since all working stiffs falls within those ranges depending what one has contributed to their retirement pension plan after working 25, 30 to 40 yrs and depending on their age and over the years with the annual COLAs, which one's pension do increase over time increasing one's buying power! Edited by Art2ro