Human Nature

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Better understanding human nature puts you in a position to not only better accept the differences in cultures and behaviors, but also allows to to predict, with some certainty, the near future.... While we all like to think we are 'unique', in reality the best we can hope for is to be in a GROUP that is somewhat unigue. If it can be thought, it has already been thunk! If it can be done, it most likely has been already. Even the 1st man on the moon... if it was not him, within a short time it would be some one else.... The majority of credit for the telephone goes to Bell, but in reality, he was one of 3, who at the same time, developed the same theories, but he was the first to get a patent. Human nature is driven by biology. There is 'set' behaviors and 'learned' human behaviors. Some can be changed, some can not. This is why we have clashes in the laws of human nature vs the laws of man. Date a 15 yr old girl in South Carolina and while some people may not like it, it is legal. But go 200 miles south to Florida and you are looking at serious jail time.... Human nature is grouped into different sets of behaviors. Some with physical tale tell signs.... Lee had posted not too long ago about his trip to Mindenao (spl?) and while walking the street with his wife, he noticed severl men exhibiting 'human nature' in their movements that led Lee to believe that an attact was coming. Now, in the animal world, Lee could have just killed them on the spot (human nature laws) and no negative issues come up. But we don't live in the animal world. So, before Lee can rip their arms off and beat them to death with their own arms, THEY have to make the 1st aggressive move (Learned behavior on Lee's part). So, Lee sees, understands and adapts his behaviors (human nature laws) to protect his wife and himself, the young men see what Lee is doing and (learned bahavior) decide to look for a softer target. By learning about human nature it puts YOU into a better position understand others and to understand yourself.... In a best case situation.... it is comparable to an adult (with a excellent grasp on human nature) dealing with a child. The adult sees and understands and thinks 'ahead' as to where the child is trying to manipulate the adult into going. Police do it with criminals in their questioning. The cops already (often) know who what where and when, but they need a confession and the little details to close the case. By understanding human nature, they can often manipulate the criminal into a corner and then close the case with the criminals own words. By understanding human nature, you can see an old man and a 18 yr old GF together AND (this is the important part) get past the reqular crowd with their (wrong) labels of pervert and child molester. While an 18 yr old GF might not interest you, it is sound thinking from a biological standpoint.When your mate may start trying to 'push your buttons', you may be able to step back and see if you did something to push their buttons first or is there another cause. Predict where it is going and then make a decision on how to procede.While it may not be 'politically correct' to say it, in many cases, the (damn) foreigner male is better educated and has a higher intelect than his chosen Pinay mate(s). (Does not mean you still aren't an ass!) So by better understanding human nature, with a sub heading of cultures, you can (maybe) have a better relationship. AND! Pay attention............ by understanding human nature, INCLUDING your own, you just might see what negative patterns you have with (women / men) and then avoid making a huge mistake. How many of you reading this have 'a few' exes that if you knew what she was like, you would have never had a 2nd date? By learning human nature, it puts you in a better position to deal with life......
So what is your point Bruce! laugh.gif
It sounds like to me that Bruce's point is that, we're no better than animals with prim evil animal instincts and mankind has not evolved yet, but we are just like domesticated animals conditioned to act civilized in society, unless we are educated! His words as he put it: While it may not be 'politically correct' to say it, in many cases, the (damn) foreigner male is better educated and has a higher intelect than his chosen Pinay mate(s). th_thholysheep.gif It's not a matter if it's politically correct or not! It's just down right chauvinistic! sad.gifangry.gifSugarwareZ-037.gifIt's never to late to eat a little piece of humble pie, to tame and mellow the soul!
So... you are not disputing the accuracy of my statement, just that my pointing out the obvious is wrong.... It is OK for one to be smarter or better educated than their spouse / significant other! I am no exception. LOTS of people smarter than me and better educated than I am. Why even some women too! (is that chauvanistic? hehehehe) Hey, I got a question. Say YOU are 6' and 205 and your wife is 5' and 98 pounds. Is it improper or wrong or does it offend you that she asks you to carry the 50 kilo sack of rice? Using this same logic.... is it wrong for you to have a checking account and do the bookwork if your wife has never done so before? Should she be offended? When I am in the Philippines, and I am with a woman, I give her a wad of cash. She takes care of the taxi and tipping and buying things. Why? Because she is better at it than me.... and I am not the least bit offended. There is NOTHING WRONG with one person being 'better' at something than you are or in the reverse, you being better than the other person at certain things.....
Your words, "just that my pointing out the obvious is wrong.... ", but you wiggled out of it by further giving "what if" scenarios after the fact, to justify your wrong remarks you stated to begin with! thats-funny.gifIt's in our human nature to stumble and make errors weather we are educated or not, but if we don't learn from our past mistakes, we will just continue to make those same mistakes over and over again! Edited by Art2ro

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, interesting subject "Human Nature". It has a broad spectrum of meanings and applications that are still being discussed and debated by scholars, scientists and the wonderful members of this forum. In order to gather my thoughts, I pose the following questions: is it human nature to misbehave, to be prejudice or to seek love or beloved? As Kuya Lee suggested, I will try to generalize my thoughts as they apply to the Filipino. First of all, that being a Filipino does not necessary give me the ultimate knowledge on the subject and only wish further discussions may help us understand (and not necessarily agree) more about the common Filipino. I shall start at the lowest level -- the life on the street, especially late at night. What do you see? You have probably observed similar conditions in any given city in so called developed countries. But I'm afraid it's even more apparent in PI. Somewhere in the darkest corners, humans live among the rats in the most destitute conditions. I can't even imagine what it's really like to compete among themselves. I was once lectured by a taxi driver with his own philosophy about this poor man begging for scraps of food. He said that at least he has only two things to worry about -- food and shelter. Whereas, at the other end of the food chain, weworry about taxes and the latest apps on our iPods. In trying to define human nature, ones need to empathize all levelsof self esteem or self worth. For example -- I'm orphaned, abandoned or malnourished, should I sniff some more "Rugby"(adhesive glue) to relieve my hunger pains or should I continue to beg, steal or become another victim of the flesh market. Tagalog "Ang buya ko" (my life) in those conditions defines my human nature. I would rather find food than to seek out thewarmth of being in love. Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
http://www.quotecoun...ive-divine.htmlHuman Nature Quotes & Counter QuotesTHE FAMOUS POETRY QUOTE:“To err is human; to forgive, divine.” Alexander Pope (1688-1744) English poet Here's the original long essay which is thought provoking!http://poetry.eserve...-criticism.htmlTHE ETHICALLY-CHALLENGED LAWYER’S COUNTERQUOTE:“To err is human, but to get even? THAT is divine.” Actor James Spader as lawyer Alan Shore THE MISATTRIBUTED COMPUTER QUOTE:“To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer.” Typically attributed to American biologist Paul R. Ehrlich THE DOG LOVER’S VERSION:“To err is human; to forgive, canine.” Anonymous THE PLANET LOVER’S VERSION:“When it comes to the scope of environmental threat, to err may be human, but to repeat the error is criminal, and to make a profit out of it is obscene.” Fred H. Knelman PROCHNOW’S PRINCIPLE:“To err may be human, but to admit it isn’t.” Herbert V. Prochnow (1897-1998) U.S. bank executive, toastmaster and author

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

After reading through this convoluted topic its clear you guys have significantly different reactions and opinions and I guess that makes the point. Just what was the point of this anyway? :whistling:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
After reading through this convoluted topic its clear you guys have significantly different reactions and opinions and I guess that makes the point. Just what was the point of this anyway? :whistling: [/quote]That we are all human beings and anything goes! I too crack-up.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Hey guys, interesting subject "Human Nature". It has a broad spectrum of meanings and applications that are still being discussed and debated by scholars, scientists and the wonderful members of this forum. In order to gather my thoughts, I pose the following questions: is it human nature to misbehave, to be prejudice or to seek love or be loved?As Kuya Lee suggested, I will try to generalize my thoughts as they apply to the Filipino. I must say that being a Filipino does not necessary give me the ultimate knowledge on the subject and only wish further discussions may help us understand (and not necessarily agree) more about the common Filipino. I shall start at the lowest level -- the life on the street, especially late at night. What do you see? You have probably observed similar conditions in any given city in so called developed countries. But I'm afraid it's even more apparent in PI. Somewhere in the darkest corners, humans live among the rats in the most destitute conditions. I can't even imagine what it's really like to compete among themselves. I was once lectured by a taxi driver about his own philosophy about this poor man begging for scraps of food. He said that at least he has only two things to worry about -- food and shelter. Whereas, at the other end of the food chain, we worry about taxes and the latest apps on our iPods. In trying to define human nature, ones need to empathize all levels of self esteem or self worth. For example -- orphaned, abandoned or malnourished, should I sniff some more "Rugby" (adhesive glue) to relieve my hunger pains or should I continue to beg, steal or become another victim of the flesh market. Tagalog "Ang buhay ko" (my life) in those conditions defines my human nature. I would rather find food than to seek out the warmth of being in love. Respectfully -- Jake
That was really deep Jake, but Old55 said, after reading through this convoluted topic its clear you guys have significantly different reactions and opinions and I guess that makes the point. Just what was the point of this anyway? :AddEmoticons04230: My reply to Old55, That we are all human beings and anything goes! I too crack-up.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, I think we can all agree it all comes down to“different strokes for different folks”?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yes, I think we can all agree it all comes down to“different strokes for different folks”?
You got it my friend! OK to call you my friend? th_thholysheep.gif crack-up.gif Still! Edited by Art2ro

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
You got it my friend! OK to call you my friend? th_thholysheep.gif I still crack-up.gif
:AddEmoticons04230: Yes you can Art i would like to think we are friends. In fact I'd like to think we are all friends in spite of Human Nature! Edited by Old55

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I thought the human nature thread got started because of the "spanking" and "domestic violence" debate going on in the "surprise" thread.