Pension Reduced. Another Thread On Can I Live On?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I’m assuming that most of us care and love our Filipino wives, except for a few who can care less and are just out for the sexual gratification as a DOM or whatever and treat Filipinas as their play things, just because they know they can only in the Philippines, but not in their own home country! Well, shame on those types of individuals and they all know who they are and so do we all when see them in public showing off their trophy conquests, but they don‘t care because of their own ego trip and self centered selfish ways! All I'm saying is, let's plan for our wives' future without us, because that's a certainty as we all know as we get older! Let me go back on topic again and just say, good luck to those on a limited income! Just have a back up plan in case your first visit to the Philippines doesn’t work out for you! Just regroup and try it all over again, because the 2nd go around may just work for you since you already know the ropes by now from your first visit!

piglett
Posted
Posted
I am quite surprised to see so many Americans considering the move to the Philippines, given the cheap housing avail in the US now. Now given that most non edible items are imported , and are made in China, they are also much cheaper in the US due to purchasing power and those razor thin Walmart margins.I Canada where housing and the cost of living are much higher, it is far far more expensive here. It makes economic sense to relocate. Many of us are now looking south, buying in Arizona, Florida, etc. I have started looking at the Carolinas instead of Davao. It is much cheaper.
well Bill i can tell you that many people in the Carolina's are not all that happy about northerners showing up to their state. i lived in south carolina for 3 years & there were times that i didn't feel all that welcome.I used to drive a big rig coast to coast so i have been to every state many times except for alaska & hawaii.Florida is really hot & humid in the summer , no chance of me moving there mate. now the south west...... arizona, new mexico, & west texas is filled with many nice people (IMHO) If i had to leave my home state i mite take a close look at the south west. the province that i plan on spending 4 months a year in is super cheep so i intend to keep my place here in New Hampshire. maybe just try to dodge most of the cold snowy icy months. good luckpiglett

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lately I’ve been reading on a lot of other forums where the majority of guys married to Filipinas will always give up living in U.S. and retire in the Philippines because of their wives, but after awhile are dismayed to the kind of medical health care one receives depending on their health, some serious and some not, but for the most part the catastrophic illness are their most concerns due to the up front money outlay one has to provide before getting any sort of treatments. I now read comments that a lot of retirees are considering returning to the U.S. ,because they’ve sick and tired of all the BS one has to put up with getting reimbursement for health services paid up front, which some times take months to receive their reimbursement and some cases even denied, where some looses what they paid in medical health care services in the Philippines! So, most of those types of retirees are pretty much disgruntled of life in the Philippines concerning their medical health care and would rather return to the U.S. where health care is a lot less of a hassle and less expensive! I’ve also read of a sad story where a retired military guy who decided to forego cancer treatments so that he wouldn’t be a financial burden to his family, because he was sick and tried of not getting his reimbursement in a reasonable amount of time and sometimes getting denied for some technicality in the claims form submitted, putting his family more into debt! He has just passed away last month and didn’t leave his family in financial ruins, because he just decided to die without the cancer treatments! Yes unfortunately it was a matter of money and the hassles of getting medical care in a foreign country!My point is, if one decides to retire in the Philippines, make sure you always have a backup plan if some thing goes wrong for any reason! It really isn’t getting any cheaper to live in the Philippines! So, with a reduced pension, consider all the possibilities before deciding where to live, because it is becoming more affordable again to live in the U.S. and with better medical care and facilities even with the recession going on as long one has some type of medical insurance and I'm sure most retirees have! So, in our situation, we are trying to save as much of a nest egg for just that purpose for just in case our medical health insurance here takes a turn for the worst for some reason putting us into a financial hardship due to the high cost of medical care here in the Philippines where it seems there are a lot of money grubbing doctors and hospitals just out for the profit!

Edited by Art2ro

the dude
Posted
Posted
Lately I’ve been reading on a lot of other forums where the majority of guys married to Filipinas will always give up living in U.S. and retire in the Philippines because of their wives, but after awhile are dismayed to the kind of medical health care one receives depending on their health, some serious and some not, but for the most part the catastrophic illness are their most concerns due to the up front money outlay one has to provide before getting any sort of treatments. I now read comments that a lot of retirees are considering returning to the U.S. ,because they’ve sick and tired of all the BS one has to put up with getting reimbursement for health services paid up front, which some times take months to receive their reimbursement and some cases even denied, where some looses what they paid in medical health care services in the Philippines! So, most of those types of retirees are pretty much disgruntled of life in the Philippines concerning their medical health care and would rather return to the U.S. where health care is a lot less of a hassle and less expensive! I’ve also read of a sad story where a retired military guy who decided to forego cancer treatments so that he wouldn’t be a financial burden to his family, because he was sick and tried of not getting his reimbursement in a reasonable amount of time and sometimes getting denied for some technicality in the claims form submitted, putting his family more into debt! He has just passed away last month and didn’t leave his family in financial ruins, because he just decided to die without the cancer treatments! Yes unfortunately it was a matter of money and the hassles of getting medical care in a foreign country!My point is, if one decides to retire in the Philippines, make sure you always have a backup plan if some thing goes wrong for any reason! It really isn’t getting any cheaper to live in the Philippines! So, with a reduced pension, consider all the possibilities before deciding where to live, because it is becoming more affordable again to live in the U.S. and with better medical care and facilities even with the recession going on as long one has some type of medical insurance and I'm sure most retirees have! So, in our situation, we are trying to save as much of a nest egg for just that purpose for just in case our medical health insurance here takes a turn for the worst for some reason putting us into a financial hardship due to the high cost of medical care here in the Philippines where it seems there are a lot of money grubbing doctors and hospitals just out for the profit!
Yes indeed. I've often ponder the health issue faced with aging. thanx. take care. I know I'l be there in a few. the Dude :emostrongbow:

piglett
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yes indeed. I've often ponder the health issue faced with aging. thanx. take care. I know I'l be there in a few. the Dude :emostrongbow:
yup that is why i married a nurse, she knows that if my health becomes poor that she will have to cut the grass ...he he he piglett Edited by piglett