I Need To Find My Filipina Friend

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,I'm still in UK credit crunched, so far, unable to sell my house before I relocate to Philippines however my Philippines girlfriend fell upon hard times, needed to sell her laptop to support her parents after her father suffered a a stroke but, such a lady she is, she never poured her difficulties upon me, she has never asked me for a single cent, she merely, time and time again, told me she'll always be there for me before falling silent having obviously sold her laptop to support her parents.So ..... as soon as I set foot upon Philippines soil I need to try to find her, I never asked, nor obtained, her home address, she has no mobile or home telephone, all I have is her full name, date of birth and that she lives in Dapitan City.It my task to find her likely to be easy or difficult, indeed is it possible, and how cheap or expensive might it be for me?Thanks in advance, any help will be much appreciated.PF

Edited by Phileas Fogg

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Guys,I'm still in UK credit crunched, so far, unable to sell my house before I relocate to Philippines however my Philippines girlfriend fell upon hard times, needed to sell her laptop to support her parents after her father suffered a a stroke but, such a lady she is, she never poured her difficulties upon me, she has never asked me for a single cent, she merely, time and time again, told me she'll always be there for me before falling silent having obviously sold her laptop to support her parents.So ..... as soon as I set foot upon Philippines soil I need to try to find her, I never asked, nor obtained, her home address, she has no mobile or home telephone, all I have is her full name, date of birth and that she lives in Dapitan City.It my task to find her likely to be easy or difficult, indeed is it possible, and how cheap or expensive might it be for me?Thanks in advance, any help will be much appreciated.PF
A search of Dapitan City shows the poplulation in 2000 being 68,178 people in 13,560 households, so I am sure it has grown a lot since then, but it should not be impossible to find her once you are there, if she wishes to be found. The question I have about all this is, if she told you she needed money for her sick father, I have to wonder if that was her way of asking for money. The reason I say that is that just about everywhere where there is internet connections, there has to be friends who might also have a computer, then would come that there are internet cafes all over the place, so if she wished to keep in touch with you, then I would suspect that she would have at least gone to a friends or internet cafe to email you at least once in a while. To me something is missing from the picture and without knowing more about your situation and hers, I am at a loss to figure out what it is.Now with that said, IMO Zamboanga del Norte would not be a place a foreigner should go unless they had a local who could guide them around, so HERE is the Dapitan City website, and you might wish to make some calls to local officials and see if you can locate her that way first, or maybe email the board admin found on the bottom of THIS page. admin@dapitancity.gov.ph

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted

Kuya Lee,Thanks for your reply and information provided, I shall investigate the info you provided over the next few days or so.Please don't misunderstand, I know the scam " I have a sick relation, I need money", this is not my girlfriend at all, indeed I had to ask her how her father's health was, she never asked me for a cent, she is, as you say, 'a simple girl', she could have asked me for internet money, she didn't, I understand what you say that if she really tried she could find a way to communicate but, for now, I'm most certainly prepared to give her the benefit of doubt regarding that until she may have the opportunity to explain. It had occurred to me, in the absense of any public records, to search for a private detective/investigator or similar in Dapitan City but I'll try the info you've provided before that I guess.Thanks again.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Kuya Lee,Thanks for your reply and information provided, I shall investigate the info you provided over the next few days or so.Please don't misunderstand, I know the scam " I have a sick relation, I need money", this is not my girlfriend at all, indeed I had to ask her how her father's health was, she never asked me for a cent, she is, as you say, 'a simple girl', she could have asked me for internet money, she didn't, I understand what you say that if she really tried she could find a way to communicate but, for now, I'm most certainly prepared to give her the benefit of doubt regarding that until she may have the opportunity to explain. It had occurred to me, in the absense of any public records, to search for a private detective/investigator or similar in Dapitan City but I'll try the info you've provided before that I guess.Thanks again.
Good luck sir, I hope you find her. My guess is that if you were there and checked the voter registrations, colleges, schools and churches, then you would be bound to find her. Almost all adults in the Philippines are registered voters.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

One has to wonder how a 'simple girl' got a laptop in the first place. As she appears to have been wise enough to acquire and use one then I expect she is wise enough to maintain contact after it is gone. In my experience, a filipina is never the first one to break off communication if she is even slightly interested in you. It looks like you have been dumped boohoo.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hello PF,At this point in time, it is pure speculation whether her story (honesty) is truthful or not. Although Dave's theory has somemerit to it, simply because your situation is not unique at all. Many foreigners trying to keep a relationship intact by usingthe keyboard or the phone face many unknowns and sleepless nights. Upon arrival, please continue to do a self reality check as you search for her. Try to maintain an exit plan, both emotionallyand financially if things are getting you frustrated. Bear in mind that you have spent a small fortune in air fare, plus time offfrom work, plus another small fortune to finance your search. One would have to feel bad if you go back empty handed.On the other hand, is it really necessary to feel bad?? Perhaps, another lesson learned that most of us have endured andyet continue to live life to the fullest. We all felt the pains of a broken heart -- it may take a few San Magoos to wash your tears away and then be thankful that you have survive to fight another day. Hello, reality check in progress........As your name implies, take another around the world adventure but this time, the hell with the 80 days restriction. Exploreto your hearts desire!Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-682-0-09420300-1308893139_thumb.jpgThat's a great username, but don't limit yourself just to 80 days as Jake mentioned!Good luck into your search, but don't get hung up on just the one!

Edited by Art2ro

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted

Dave & Jake,First of all I'd like to make it clear that I am thinking with the head I have above my shoulders and not with the head I have between my legs.Regarding her laptop ..... her parents had bought it for her some 5 years ago before she left home to go on a 4 year nursing course in Zamboanga City.Since she fell silent I've had plenty of time to recall things she said before she fell silent, they didn't neccessarily make sense to me at the time she said them but, since, everything falls in to place, that she was letting me know that she is waiting for me.If, as Dave suggests, I've been dumped well so be it, I'm sure Dave is wrong but should he be right them there's plenty more fish in the sea but it's not merely that she has ceased communications with me, if she logs in to her Yahoo I will find out about it, she hasn't been on the website where we first made contact, it's not just me, she's disappeared off the face of the internet.There hasn't been financial expenditure except for a few Cebu Pacific flights etc. Because I'm coming to live in Phils I was coming anyway, I wasn't coming specifically to see her, it's all been a really cool relationship and one that I would prefer to continue.PF

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If she is Catholic and you know her place of birth, full name and date of birth the church record could link you to other family members with an address or knowledge of her location. After reading your first message I occurred to me as did Dave that there is a reason communication has halted. You seem a good and level headed man. I wish you luck and I hope things work out for the best whatever the outcome.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My wife visits her brother in Dapitan city on her way to her parents in Baligauian, Zamboanga Del Norte, so if you wish to PM details I can ask her to do some digging if you wish.Not sure when she will be in Dapitan again but she is currently in the province.