I Need To Find My Filipina Friend

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Dave,I am not a newbie at international relations, before Philippines I thought I'd seen most things but then I learned of an immaturity amongst many a Filipina whereas they will fake a long distance relationship, they will lie through their back teeth, they will say everything a man likes to hear, because it gives them some kind of immature buzz.But this lady couldn't be more different, if she were pretending, over the period of time we have known each other, she would have made the occasionial slip up, she hasn't, she speaks very sincerely from the first time we communicated right through until she fell silent. I've since had plenty of time to run everything said etc. through my mind and whilst it remains in my mind that she could have terminated with me my overwhelming thoughts remain that it's as I've previously explained.She may have more than one email account but, from time to time, I've searched ladies of her age group on dating site(s), I've searched her name and city on Google, I've tried many a thing and she has truly disappeared, before she disappeared I knew things were getting difficult for her because she was buying less and less prepaid internet time but when she was online she made a beeline for me asking if we could chat live on a messenger etc. and throughout all this she didn't mention her difficulties nor ask me for money, she's a 'lady'.Whilst I would be sorry to lose her it's a fact I'm prepared to face, my plan has been that upon arrival in Phils I'll head for Dapitan, try to find her and if it is all over then I shall swiftly move on, it will be a shame but it won't be a problem.My concerns however are that because I still haven't sold my house my arrival in Phils is well overdue and she'll be thinking I'm not coming or I've dumped her, besides that as a foreigner by myself it might not be easy for me to track her down in Dapitan hence my posting here, to establish how easy or difficult this may be and if anybody might be able to track her for me.
This maybe a reach but there are many talk radio shows throughout Philippines they are very popular. Maybe you could somehow contact one in her hometown I bet they would mention your story. Filipinos love sentimental lost love type story's. The only down side would be if somehow she or her family would lose face from it. That I'm not sure of. Give it some thought?Again I wish you luck you seem to have a good attitude but I know you need closure. Don't blame yourself about the home sale stuff happens, maybe for a reason who knows.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Searching some more I found a phone directory, and while you said she is not listed, it could not hurt to look up her last name because someone in her family or distant family could be listed, and then there is a chat room to try and a list of barangay officials, so maybe try to contact someone with the chat or hopefully get lucky and find a name of someone with her same last name. HERE is the link to it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My respects to the opener, PF. Its great that you are able to express yourself and hear my opinions, (and some others), without feeling attacked. Tested perhaps, but not attacked. I am a romantic at heart and I believe love will conquer all.To explore this a little deeper, ask yourself why I (or anyone) would want to 'test' a new member. For me, I learned to respect your opinions and I look forward to your future posts. Whatever you discover when you find your filipina friend, I feel confident you will handle it in a mature way. I wish I could offer more help to find her but the best I can offer is an old fashioned letter. In many areas of the Philippines there are no street addresses. A letter sent to the correct name, with the barangay and city on the envelope (don't forget the 4 digit post code) has a reasonable chance to find her. It cannot hurt to try.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
post-682-0-09420300-1308893139_thumb.jpgIf only in the beginning you expressed yourself precisely and to the point, no one would have doubted your intentions without any further opinions to the contrary! Now that you have voiced you disdain for the opinions from members on this forum, that should halt further conversations until you yourself can make it to the Philippines and find your Filipina friend or by the help of others! All I can say is, good luck and best wishes in your search and keep us up to date and hope it turns out to be a happy ending! We all like happy endings!

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The OP requested help in finding a person in the province. He has stated that he does not want or need any more "help" or advice about anything other then locating this individual. Please respect his wishes and refrain from further comments unless it pertains specifically to information about finding this person.

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted

Perhaps that may be it Dave,If there may be no street addresses then she had no street address to provide me with whilst she, repeatedly, stressed to me that she'll be waiting for me.

brock
Posted
Posted

Maybe these might be of use to you.mayor@dapitan.com Informationinfo@dapitan.com MISOmiso@dapitan.com