A New Tenant Arrives At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

While I am far from an expert on anything, and I am not a Bush supporter, I think a lot of people are not being fair to him. Bush is a terrible speaker and therefore gives the impression that he is an idiot, and during his administration came 9/11 and that was the downfall of the US in many ways that IMO no one could have fixed. Not even the great Obama, who IMO will fall on his arse, that is if some crazy idiot does not assassinate him first.I think a lot of people miss the fact that it was Bill Clinton who did nothing except talk big and threaten to get even after the US embassies, a US ship and the world trade center were attacked during his administration, and he did not go after Bin Laden when he had the chance and his own people recommended that he should. At one point he had a chance to wipe out Bin Laden and all his people and he took no action. Had Clinton done his job, Bush might have ended up a good president in history. Another fact that a lot of people have missed is, that the US had not suffered another terrorist attack under Bush and he should be praised for that. Bush did a lot of things wrong and he probably had the wrong motive for attacking Iraq (his father), but when a man says he has weapons of mass destructions and that anyone who attacks his country will face the mother of all wars and the CIA and other countries intelligence tells Bush that Iraq did have those weapons, how can anyone blame Bush for thinking that they had those weapons. ....... If a man walked into a bank or store and stated that he had a gun and was going to kill me or anyone who did not do as he wished, and then reached into his pocket or waste band, I would waste his arse as soon as his had pulled out with anything in it, and it would be a justified shoot. Right or wrong, when someone threatens or bluffs, they have to suffer the consequences.

Edited by Mr. Lee

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Inauguration Day is my proudest day as an American. When I see a newly elected President sworn in and a peaceful transition of power it always gives me chills. The USA is not a perfect nation and it faces an uncertain future, but Inauguration Day is the time to appreciate the USA's greatest achievement and contribution to the world, the peaceful transition of power from one elected official to another.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Boss man, are you saying my posting was in some way racist?

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Boss man, are you saying my posting was in some way racist?
I don't know about the boss man, but it sure came across as racist to me.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

As with a lot of things racism is in the eyes of the beholder ....... what may appear to be something to you may not appear that way to me ......

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I just saw the inauguration and I am darn proud to be an American and very pleased with our country

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am totally willing to accept Muslims and I have some Muslim friends and I value their friendship, but I will never accept radical Muslims and they all must either be eliminated or come full circle to understand that everyone who is not a Muslim also has a right to live on this earth, and when they choose to live in another country, they have to follow the laws of that country. No one makes them live in a non Muslim country and making the host country change laws to suit them is insanity IMHO. I think Obama has a heck of a job ahead of him and I think people are putting too much faith in the word "change." IMO, no one can change the way things are done in Washington, unless there would be a total change of the guard. The fact that Obama has taken on so many of the old guard, tells me that no real change will be coming.The president of a country only has so much power and he takes advice from so many people in his cabinet and then makes up his own mind what to do. If he gets bad advice from the majority, he is bound to make the wrong decision. All I can say is that we all face some rough times ahead, no matter where we live, and IMO all we can do is hope for the best. BTW, I did not find the comment OLD55 made to be racist, but the word Black is no longer used and it would now be African American and maybe that is what Tom saw as racist? I personally think everyone should just look at all Americans as Americans and stop saying White, Black, African American, Hispanic, Asian or whatever.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I just saw the inauguration and I am darn proud to be an American and very pleased with our country's new President, President Obama. The speech President Obama gave was just outstanding!The United States is made up of peoples from all parts of the world. Many cultures, religions and races. However President Obama has to avoid references to a small part of his background. That part to do with the Arab ancestry and Muslim religion. While we Americans are giving each other a big group hug for being so hip and all-inclusive we need set aside our hypocrisy and figure out a way to accept Muslim's, at the very least deal with them. Yea, there are some Muslims in the would that would bring back the 12th Century all full of hatred and ignorance. They do not define the majority.President Obama is not black or white or Arabic or whatever he's a man who has now become President of the United States. Many people of color in the States see him as an affirmation that the US is truly a country of equality. They see him as a Black man, its perception he is many things to many people. Be very sure he and those that share power now know that and use that.I am truly sorry that what I wrote seemed hateful or racist to some here.
It's easy to read intent into flat words on a computer screen that is not there. I think I'm guilty of reading between the lines of your post and getting the wrong idea. My apologies to you.I stayed up until 3am watching the Inauguration, flipping between the CNN and BBC telecasts. As I watched the swearing in and listened to his speech I felt proud to be an American for the first time in more than 10 years. No matter how his term in office works out, I'll always remember the chills down my spine and my heart bursting with love of country as I watched the Inauguration unfold. No matter what the future holds, I'll always remember the Inauguration as the day America took a step away from it's past of racial division, petty bickering, and hate-driven politics.The only way the day could have been better is if Ray Charles was still with us to sing God Bless America.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yea I know how you feel it became waaaaaay past my bed time. :th_interesting: Aretha Franklin was not at her best sadly. At her age and the venue not and easy gig.What about that Poem?

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Everyone keeps calling him the first BLACK president ...... hummmmm ... I though he was half white ...... so do you call him a half/half ....... just a thought ......
Don't you pour half and half in your coffee? How about we call him Mister President and forget the other stuff. I wonder if people realize that these descriptive labels they use are part of the problem.