My Wife Is Going To The Hospital !!!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone i just wanted to let you all know my wife is going to the hospital shes having allot of pain in her stomach and cramps !! and she said allot of diarrhea she had this one time before and it turned out she had Amebic Dysentery , i hope and pray that she doesn't have this again !!! she just left for the hospital right now so i don't have any solid idea whats wrong i will keep you all posted , i worry so much some times and i know were all friends here i just need to vent this out to my friends on the forum to get it off my chest !! O-U-C :th_thholysheep:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Everyone i just wanted to let you all know my wife is going to the hospital shes having allot of pain in her stomach and cramps !! and she said allot of diarrhea she had this one time before and it turned out she had Amebic Dysentery , i hope and pray that she doesn't have this again !!! she just left for the hospital right now so i don't have any solid idea whats wrong i will keep you all posted , i worry so much some times and i know were all friends here i just need to vent this out to my friends on the forum to get it off my chest !! O-U-C :th_thholysheep:
I hope she will be OK and with your help and hopefully someone watching over her, she should be fine with the proper meds. It seems a lot of that is going around and some of my wife's family have the same problems and are also passing blood, and the doctors seem to feel it is an amoeba. Our prayers are with you both. Please be sure to keep us up to date, and please tell her to boil the water before using or always use bottled water.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

yes kuya she always drinks mineral water never drinks tap water or the water thats trucked in to our house !!! as far as i know it was Amebic Dysentery or an amoeba she had last time i cant remember %100 right now coz my mind is all over the place !!!! she should be at the hospital in less then 20 mins from now so as soon as i know i will post it up !!! thanks for your prayers KUYA !!!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Kuya can i ask you if you know about amoeba's if its something you will always have in your system like malaria or when its cured will it be gone for good until you get it again !!! thanks for any info !!O-U-C :th_thholysheep:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Kuya can i ask you if you know about amoeba's if its something you will always have in your system like malaria or when its cured will it be gone for good until you get it again !!! thanks for any info !!O-U-C :th_thholysheep:
I am no expert on that or anything so I do not wish to mislead you, but as far as I know from what I have read and been told, as long as it is treated quickly, then once it is gone, then it is gone from the system. IMHO the water in the Philippines is one of the main problem because of all the septic tanks and then the unsanitary way raw foods are handled. So caution is necessary. From experience with our relatives, once she is treated then she should be OK again and they have medicine which will get rid of it fairly quickly. Many of our relatives seem to get them and quite a few expats end up with them if they drink the water or drinks with ice made from tap water. IMO she will be OK as long as she has gone to the doctors and is taking the meds they give her. I pray I am correct and maybe someone else knows a lot more will post about it. I will ask Bruce to post here and hope he has better answers. Again our prayers are always with you and her for a speedy recovery.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Thanks Kuya !!!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i just got word from her they took some blood and are waiting for a stool sample and she said they gave her some medicine i'm assuming for the pain ?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
i just got word from her they took some blood and are waiting for a stool sample and she said they gave her some medicine i'm assuming for the pain ?
OK just please keep us all up to date on this.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Your wife is our prayers hope it all works out well soon.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

well last update i had was she was coming home she said she couldnt make a stool sample !!! i asked her to be online but no response maybe she went to bed because i know she must be tired and sore so i asked her to take the day off work and if shes online in the morning i will let you all know more then thanks for all your prayer's thanks so much EVERYONE , maybe i was more worried for nothing ??? again thanks !!! O-U-C