How To Meet A Good Foreigner

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

f you consider the riff-raff her husband hangs with 99% must be about right! :blonde: Except me… I’m special. :th_thimage_265775:

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
If you consider the riff-raff her husband hangs with 99% must be about right! :blonde: Except me… I’m special. :th_thimage_265775:
Meeeeeee Too! Special that is and not the riff-raff kind! mocking.gif
  • Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yup 99% is too high, we have met way too many nice people here in Cebu alone, so after her and I naming names to each other, she recants her numbers. add, I ran out of fingers and toes. :th_thimage_265775:

Edited by Kuya Lee
add
  • Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

I hate to bring it up and beat a dead horse, so I won't... but will.... and won't again. I think the intention of the original question was how many single guys you'd introduce to your family for the purpose of dating. I think you could meet a ton of guys who are cool to hang out with, but just don't cut it when it comes to family hook-ups. I have lots of friends who I love to death, but would have a heart attack if I knew they wanted to date my step-daughter (in a few years). I'm going to be very protective of her, far more protective than I am when it comes to who I hang out with myself. I'll hang out with anyone. For my daughters, I will have very different standards. Like - AND HERE COMES THE DEAD HORSE LEADING THE PACK AROUND THE BEND - I have ZERO problem with old guys and young girls..... unless it's my girls. I want my daughters to marry guys who have brains, integrity, and work ethics. i don't care about nationality or race, or even gender (ladies). But I don't expect I'll be trying to hook up my girls with a retiree, no offense. If one of my aunts gets divorced, hell yeah, no problem. If my wife's friends need a guy, I'll hook a brotha up. If my family needs a hook up..... uh uh..... no way, jose. Me no speak English.

Edited by ekimswish
  • Like 1

Fast&Furious
Posted
Posted

So sad.

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Nila, I just want to say that I agree with "right on, hit the nail on the head, what more needs to be said" Sometimes it is hard to see the forest for the trees, and when you are one of the trees it gets even harder! We think from the position we stand or come from, and what do you expect from a bunch of "older, mostly married to younger Filipinas" expats!There is some comfort in listening to them say "99% is over the top" and that is,..... most these are good guys, hoping and wanting to believe it is not as bad as through the eyes of a Filipina.This is not to say that many of us Kanos have not been hurt and used, we have! But that is usually a sign that we are the good guys as well, after all if we were one of the 99% we would not give a sh-t, what you think! Because we would only be thinking about ourselves!I have included myself in this 1% that you refer to, only because I know what my intentions were with the Filipinas I have met and been fortunate or unfortunate to share some of their lives.I know what I was attracted to with Ellie, and I know that I have things to be a little ashamed of, however once I got past those beautiful eyes, and unbelieveable smooth skin, I got to know the person inside, so I guess in fact I have:1 foot in the 99% campand1 foot in the 1% campI know which one I am proud of and which one I am ashamed of!Either way I am glad where I am, and who I am with, and thank God every day for being where I am and who I am with!Papa Carl

• Like 1

Elsa
Posted
Posted
So how does a lady know the man is any good? I have met many foreign men here since marrying my husband and I can honestly warn ladies wishing to marry foreigners, that few would make good husbands.
That's because a woman is 'shaped' but a man is molded'.It means a man picks a woman because she is in great shape, (meaning attitude as well as physical), and the woman picks a man and then molds him into her ideal husband. I
I am so glad because I pick my man with the knowledge that God molded him perfectly and therefore I don't have any wish to remold him.Elsawww.Denial of service
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So how does a lady know the man is any good? I have met many foreign men here since marrying my husband and I can honestly warn ladies wishing to marry foreigners, that few would make good husbands.
That's because a woman is 'shaped' but a man is molded'.It means a man picks a woman because she is in great shape, (meaning attitude as well as physical), and the woman picks a man and then molds him into her ideal husband. I
I am so glad because I pick my man with the knowledge that God molded him perfectly and therefore I don't have any wish to remold him.Elsawww.Denial of service
You are lucky, Elsa, and you know that. My comment came from thinking of my own daughters. Each one of them has brought home boyfriends that I did not think were worthy of my girls and I would never have introduced them if it were up to me. Fortunately, each of my daughters has molded, tamed, trained, whatever word you want to use, their boyfriends into respectable lads that I am happy to know.It is my experience that this kind of 'molding' happens everywhere in the world and if the opening poster were to see one of her 99%ers after he's been with a great girl for a couple of years then her attitude may actually change. Note I said 'may' change as there are a lot of older, single expats who have become too set in their ways to be molded.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am so glad because I pick my man with the knowledge that God molded him perfectly and therefore I don't have any wish to remold him.Elsawww.cebuexpatservices.com
Note I said 'may' change as there are a lot of older, single expats who have become too set in their ways to be molded.
lol, not just the single ones,many married ones as well. Lets face it,as you get older most do get set in their ways and thinking and nothing will change it.post-1-0-75797100-1305900091_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

Elsa
Posted
Posted (edited)

Without wishing to turn this into a "love fest", there are many imperfect people on both sides and rarely do I see perfection - and bear in mind that I meet about 10 newcomers to Cebu each week.Lee and Nila are one such match "made in heaven" and Elsa and I are another. Many people here find 10 times more happiness here with a Filipna than they would have ever had with a 'western" woman" and good luck to them. To find someone that you don't want to change and , more importantly, doesn't want to change you, is a miracle.Perfection is hard to find, but for those of us that have found it, I propose a toast to our beautiful wives.

This post is actually by Paul ancienrocka, accidentally using his wifes account, as noted in the next post
Edited by Kuya Lee
To add note
  • Like 1