Balik-bayan Boxes

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Use Manila Forwarders (or possibly Forwarding?) for Balikbayan Box shipping. They have proven to be quite reliable, over the years.
I am in the box business myself. They had some trouble with the Manila Forwarders local agent here. Apparently he picked up a bunch of peoples boxes then spent the money on something else. The boxes that made it to LA were eventually shipped by the company at no additional charge because needless to say the customers were unhappy. However some sat in storage in Phoenix for several months because the guy would neither ship them(He had no money) nor return them. I know about this because several of his customers are now my customers. This is not the whole company but just their local agent in Phoenix that is the problem. So problems can crop up anywhere in shipping no matter what company you use. Glad your stuff made it there Mike. From Phoenix it normally takes about 6 weeks.
Hi Tom,drop me an email as i might have a contact for you to help your business and interlink you into theyre network.
Hi Matt, Somehow I overlooked your post the last time I checked this topic. I will e-mail you later. Tom

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
There are plenty of different companies that operate out of the UK to Philippines im currently using Nettrex and found Javid to be a good guy to deal with. They are based in London but can carry out collections in various parts of the UK. Its looking at around 2 month turn round.
I contacted nettrex and they quoted me for a box ( 34" 27" 23" ) 145

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
There are plenty of different companies that operate out of the UK to Philippines im currently using Nettrex and found Javid to be a good guy to deal with. They are based in London but can carry out collections in various parts of the UK. Its looking at around 2 month turn round.
I contacted nettrex and they quoted me for a box ( 34" 27" 23" ) 145 plus 145 insurance from UK to Cebu City,290 total, seems very expensive to me.Brock.
Hi Brock its 145 including the insurance. Im not sure if the quote is for "collection" as you may even get that lower if your near an agent to drop the box off yourself.

brock
Posted
Posted
I contacted nettrex and they quoted me for a box ( 34" 27" 23" ) 145

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

That's a big box. It comes out to a little over 12 cubic feet. The standard box we use is about 5 cubic feet. A box that size from here to Cebu would run around $200. Quite a bit less than what you were quoted. I didn't misread your dimensions did I? That was in inches.

brock
Posted
Posted
That's a big box. It comes out to a little over 12 cubic feet. The standard box we use is about 5 cubic feet. A box that size from here to Cebu would run around $200. Quite a bit less than what you were quoted. I didn't misread your dimensions did I? That was in inches.
Yes Tom, it was inches, but i have been told it will cost 145 including insurance to send from UK to Cebu, so thats not too bad.Brock.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I'm not familar with the rates from UK so I can't say. It will take a lot of stuff to fill a box that size. Hope you like shopping. I send boxes a couple of times a year myself in addition to the ones I ship for everyone else.

• 4 months later...
Jungle
Posted
Posted

does anybody know who to contact for boxes from darwin australia to cagayan de oro.cheers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
does anybody know who to contact for boxes from darwin australia to cagayan de oro.cheers
Forex seems to list both, use the pull down and then call them and check.http://www.forexworld.us/Kahon/

• 4 months later...
johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just to update this post and give an English perspective, I have just returned from the UK, whilst there I sent my self a jumbo size Balikbayan box [10 cuft] total cost inclusive of taxes and collection and the box 120 pounds [know weight limit] there collection service seems to be free if you live within the circle of the M25 motorway, there web site gives all costs for the door to door service we live in Cebu. http://www.forexcargouk.com/Just to add there site also offers a tracking service.

Edited by johnb