Balik-bayan Boxes

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Just to update this post and give an English perspective, I have just returned from the UK, whilst there I sent my self a jumbo size Balikbayan box [10 cuft] total cost inclusive of taxes and collection and the box 120 pounds [know weight limit] there collection service seems to be free if you live within the circle of the M25 motorway, there web site gives all costs for the door to door service we live in Cebu.http://www.forexcargouk.com/Just to add there site also offers a tracking service.
10 cu ft that is a big box. Let us know how things turn out.

samatm
Posted
Posted

Just a note: It is possible to get oversized boxes and crates combinded with your Balibayan boxes and sent over.I had a custom made Crate 60" x 48" x 20" Built which housed my fully boxed flat screen, stereo, assorted longish itmes that dont fit in normal box. The crate was a monster and required 3 men to handle. Note add handles to your crate.! The nice thing about BB...No customs tax. Hard to get that on your container.. whihc is why we stayed away from a container. I belive there is one time tax exclusion for a BB on a container..but don't know the specifics.

• 2 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
I found shopping in Cebu very frustrating because a lot of home furnishings are actually more expensive and many things are either hard to find or not available at all, so we had to settle for things instead of getting the things we would have actually wanted. Cebu really needs a big real furniture store as well as something like a Super Walmart IMO.
I find furniture awkward aswell..especially in gaisano most of the stuff resembles a yard sale of old peoples furniture. No doubt all the rejects from factories. Although seriously thinking about getting back into making furniture again as i shipped all my tools already so wouldnt be too difficult to do.. anyone want to pay me P2,000 an hour? :lol:

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Just to update this post and give an English perspective, I have just returned from the UK, whilst there I sent my self a jumbo size Balikbayan box [10 cuft] total cost inclusive of taxes and collection and the box 120 pounds [know weight limit] there collection service seems to be free if you live within the circle of the M25 motorway, there web site gives all costs for the door to door service we live in Cebu. http://www.forexcargouk.com/Just to add there site also offers a tracking service.
Another thing thats worth noting though they will give you 1/4 of a container or half 2/3rds or whatever your prepared to pay for and work a deal out with you. I use nettrex.ph for my boxes and im just trying to get hold of David there regarding something else but i generally find they are pretty helpful and open to discussion.

• 4 weeks later...
johnb
Posted
Posted
Just to update this post and give an English perspective, I have just returned from the UK, whilst there I sent my self a jumbo size Balikbayan box [10 cuft] total cost inclusive of taxes and collection and the box 120 pounds [know weight limit] there collection service seems to be free if you live within the circle of the M25 motorway, there web site gives all costs for the door to door service we live in Cebu.http://www.forexcargouk.com/Just to add there site also offers a tracking service.
I used the tracking service today of Forex cargo UK and received the information below:the Box was collected from where I was staying in the UK on the evening of 23rd July 09.container arrival date Manila 12th Sept 09container release date Manila14th Sept 09container unloading date manila 14th Sept 09box dispatched from Marikina warehouse for Cebu 30th Sept 09I hope it survived the floods, although the contents are wrapped in Plastic if the box collapses it will just be a whole mess of things floating round the container, the ETA for Cebu is the 3rd of Oct 09.John

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I used the tracking service today of Forex cargo UK and received the information below:the Box was collected from where I was staying in the UK on the evening of 23rd July 09.container arrival date Manila 12th Sept 09container release date Manila14th Sept 09container unloading date manila 14th Sept 09box dispatched from Marikina warehouse for Cebu 30th Sept 09I hope it survived the floods, although the contents are wrapped in Plastic if the box collapses it will just be a whole mess of things floating round the container, the ETA for Cebu is the 3rd of Oct 09.John
Hope your boxes arrive safe and in good shape. Keep us informed. Those floods were unreal and it looks like more may be coming, but that is or will be in another thread for us to talk about.

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hope your boxes arrive safe and in good shape. Keep us informed. Those floods were unreal and it looks like more may be coming, but that is or will be in another thread for us to talk about.
My box arrived yesterday, all in tact and unopened, picked up by forex UK on 29th July 09 from south London and arrived at our house here in Cebu Wednesday 8th October 09, a true door to door service, the box has a lot of stuff that I've been waiting for, lots of tools, and electrical stuff ie connection blocks, string pull switches etc also had some stuff for my wife, but what I'm most excited about is the brown sauce, salad cream, colmans mustard, Bisto gravy,Tettlys Tbags, Branston pickle............ :23_11_62[1]: I think I'll have to go through my peso Jar and see if I can raise enough for some Cheese and some Ham Edited by Boss Man
fixed quote

• 5 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
My box arrived yesterday, all in tact and unopened, picked up by forex UK on 29th July 09 from south London and arrived at our house here in Cebu Wednesday 8th October 09, a true door to door service, the box has a lot of stuff that I've been waiting for, lots of tools, and electrical stuff ie connection blocks, string pull switches etc also had some stuff for my wife, but what I'm most excited about is the brown sauce, salad cream, colmans mustard, Bisto gravy,Tettlys Tbags, Branston pickle............ :541: I think I'll have to go through my peso Jar and see if I can raise enough for some Cheese and some Ham
John I still have those electrical bits you asked for last year i forgot they arrived with my tools last year :-s nevermind ill use them on something no doubt..lol

• 10 months later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted

I've been using manilaforwarder for all my stuff....NEVER a single problem, and they have tracking as well. The owner is a pinoy named Manny, who served in the US military, and has quite the resume. He is a true gentlemen, and they are quite reputable as a company. If I want to order something from a place like amazon, I simply ship it to their LA office and they keep it safe and sound until you have all your orders there, and away it goes...6 weeks later they deliver it to my door. cool_beans.gif

• 9 months later...
MikeB
Posted
Posted

I just received the 4 items I shipped with LBC 2 nights ago. They were sent door to door from semi-rural Florida to Paul W's place in Consolacion and, with the exception of a ceramic tiger that was fragile and not sufficiently protected, all arrived unscathed, including the 46in HDTV (which is way too big for my small apt). They even shipped my 21 speed bike unboxed, just taped the pedals, air pump, docs and address to the frame and it arrived just as it left. No additional customs or extortion attempts, and nothing was opened by US Customs. Took a little less then 2 months, tracking available and they replied to email queries very promptly and professionally. There are no LBC offices in Fl so I used an agent of their's who handled everything. I highly recommend them.