Do Filipinas Marry Foreigners For Money?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I do not think this story is true in total. I would say that many Filipina's marry foreigners for security and with a hope for a better life, and I really see nothing wrong with that. While I do not want to insult Filipino men, it sure seems like the odds are stacked against them when it comes to getting jobs and it sure seems like the women in the Philippines often seem to be the bread winners. What do you think? Many Filipinas marry foreigners for money, not love Boy this story pissed me off! http://www.gmanews.tv/story/147157/Many-Fi...-money-not-love "It is also estimated that currently, 300,000 Filipinos, 92 percent of whom are women, are married to foreigners mainly from the United States, Japan, Canada, the United Kingdom and South Korea." Boy, some of these quotes are very inflammatory IMO "Many of the men live in remote areas and are unsuccessful with women from their own culture, who they feel are spoiled and have too many freedoms. Instead, they want women with 'traditional' family values who, once in the country, have nowhere to turn and are completely at their mercy," ADB said.

Hoz
Posted
Posted

I don't think it's inflammatory. These same sentiments have been discussedon these boards time and time again. (Maybe the writer has been visiting???)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I don't think it's inflammatory. These same sentiments have been discussedon these boards time and time again. (Maybe the writer has been visiting???)
I do not know, and I do know that there is some truth to the story and especially when there is a vast age difference, but it sure seems like it was written by someone who does not like foreigners taking their women...... It just gets me so upset when someone only shows one point of view and many of us who are married to great ladies, know just how wrong they are....... I just about have to force my wife to take money or buy clothes that she likes in quantity.

Hoz
Posted
Posted

When my wife met me I was recently divorced and didn't have 2 nickles to rub together. After 23 years I still don't have much money, but I do have the love of a fantastic woman.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
When my wife met me I was recently divorced and didn't have 2 nickles to rub together. After 23 years I still don't have much money, but I do have the love of a fantastic woman.
and a fine lady you married, and I can attest to that after meeting you both in person. :thumbsup: Now you on the other hand, :1247: :lol: All kidding aside, you make a great couple. :yes:

chimellie
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife's cousin just got married, she's 18 and he"s 68. Real love ??? you decide !

post-46-1233796239_thumb.jpg

Edited by chimellie

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My wife's cousin just got married, she's 18 and he"s 68. Real love ??? you decide !
Yes, she looks so uninterested. To each his or her own.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Perhaps the last few words in the article are telling - coming from a banker:-Among the recommendations of the ADB was to tap remittances from overseas Filipinos for productive investment and sustainable livelihood opportunities for women so that migration becomes a choice rather than a necessity. - GMANews.TVTax the remittences and I'll manage them, lol

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Perhaps the last few words in the article are telling - coming from a banker:-Among the recommendations of the ADB was to tap remittances from overseas Filipinos for productive investment and sustainable livelihood opportunities for women so that migration becomes a choice rather than a necessity. - GMANews.TVTax the remittences and I'll manage them, lol
Right on John!I guess it would be OK for the RP via UN to

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Man, I'm sorry but that's just wrong. My opinion.