Do Filipinas Marry Foreigners For Money?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My wife's cousin just got married, she's 18 and he"s 68. Real love ??? you decide !
Yes, she looks so uninterested. To each his or her own.
The picture might appear that way but it could be that she is shy of the camera. We dont know,they might be very happy together.Good lucky to them both :thumbsup:

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

I don't think many of us who have a Filipina wife or SO would disagree that the primary driver to seek and find a westerner is to provide financial security for the family as well as a better life for them.And who can blame them? There is not much chance of a lower class family being able to marry off daughters to a middle class family and westerners, while they may be older and ugly (speaking for myself), do give all important status to the family.In addition, many westerners are quite nice people, respectful and kind. So all in all quite a good deal really.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
My wife's cousin just got married, she's 18 and he"s 68. Real love ??? you decide !
Tick tock tick tock tick tock. Soon she will be free at last, free at last, free at last. LOLJoke Lang

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup:

Tick tock tick tock tick tock. Soon she will be free at last, free at last, free at last. LOLJoke Lang

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, here is my take on a younger Filipina's and an older expat, an older expat would most likely be more mature and more worldly than a younger Filipino male might be, or at least seen that way by a younger Filipina...... Not to knock Filipinos but I think a lot of Filipina's might prefer a man who has already sowed his oats and therefore might stay home more often rather than be out drinking and partying with his friends all night. Some Filipina's, and especially those who have had an absent father or had one that was not really a good father figure, may look to an older expat as a type of father figure or mentor, and someone who can guide her and take care of life's things and lets face it, an older expat would most likely have much more life experiences, and therefore be more self confident, more stable and be much happier with his younger wife and probably appreciate her more and hopefully not cheat on her.Next, older expat may be seen as more experienced sexually and may be more interested in satisfying their wife or gf and trying their best to keep them happy instead of slam bam thank you mam that a lot of younger men might be known for. And last but not least, because of health care in first world countries that expats probably had while growing up and can probably afford to continue to have, an older expat would most likely live longer and remain healthier for a longer period of time than a Filipino who has not had much access to health care during his life.All are just opinions and I think there are many reasons that Filipina's marry expats and while security may be on top of the list, I do not think that money is the reason and security has many facets besides money.

Edited by Mr. Lee

scianna54
Posted
Posted
Did you meet her and him? More details would be helpful, otherwise they could be just happy and the picture is one out of contest.I would say that if she married him for the money, that she is as bad or worse than him as I assume that she had a choice. Most Filipinas have a chocie, many are just too lazy. When I met my wife for example, she was about to finish college and she had a 15,000 pesos/month offer from a big hotel in Cebu, worst (or maybe best) time for me to meet her.She is from a very poor family and had to work very hard to get there but many just prefer to go the easy way..

• 2 weeks later...
Travis
Posted
Posted
:wt-hell: is your wifes family that desperate that they have to marry her off to someone that old. She is but a baby and he is even older then me. :kidding: :wt-hell: is wrong with her family.

til
Posted
Posted
Well she doesn't look too happy on that pic. But I'm not going to judge that couple in any way without knowing anything about them.But, generally speaking, there is one thing we tend to forget: public display of affection is kind of frowned upon in the phils. Sometimes we can mistake that for missing love. My gf was really surprised when I told her couples in love kiss in public here (in Switzerland). But she adopts real quick and now there is sometimes a quick secret kiss when no one is watching :kidding:

Travis
Posted
Posted

I am sorry but that girl looks down right sad and that guy must be 3 times her size. All I can say is poor girl and I feel sorry that her family thought so little of her to send he off to marry someone that old. If my family did it, I sure would not post it on a forum because I would be too ashamed. Sorry I do not wish to insult the guy who posted it but just look at that poor girl, it makes me cry.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Traveler .... not really up on Philippine culture are you ....... I suggest before you even think about moving here you read ... read ... read some about how these people live and breath before making any judgements on how they live or think ....... because if all these little things that you keep bringing up really bother you ...you are not going to make it here ...... you need to leave your western thinking behind you and try to merge with their culture ... which you can't do if you don't know about it ....... .