Do Filipinas Marry Foreigners For Money?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well judging by that picture he doesn't look exactly happy either. I wonder why. I wouldn't think he is someone who knows how to truly enjoy life and his compatibilty with Filipino culture might be quite low.And the fact that he bought his girl, eh wife, and even wanted to buy her younger sister doesn't make my impression of him much better.Not really a man I would think to be "loving and caring", I'd be more afraid he considers her his property now and will treat her like a slave.
Depends on how we look at the bought her part,maybe he is just a nice guy who wanted to help the family by fixing the house etc.I know of many others who have done the same or sent family members to school as a way of help their new family out.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well judging by that picture he doesn't look exactly happy either. I wonder why. I wouldn't think he is someone who knows how to truly enjoy life and his compatibilty with Filipino culture might be quite low.And the fact that he bought his girl, eh wife, and even wanted to buy her younger sister doesn't make my impression of him much better.Not really a man I would think to be "loving and caring", I'd be more afraid he considers her his property now and will treat her like a slave.
Depends on how we look at the bought her part,maybe he is just a nice guy who wanted to help the family by fixing the house etc.I know of many others who have done the same or sent family members to school as a way of help their new family out.
Yes Tom, there are a lot who fall in love with a lady and then take care of the family but IMO this sounds like buying the girl because the parents tried to pawn off the 16 year old first and then he ended up with the 18 year old. I am sorry but that seems a little strange to me and if she had to marry him to please her parents, that is very sad and reading between the lines, he could very well want her for other things or to be his slave, since he does not even really know her and took her anyway. So that seems like he wanted her for other things than who she is and rather wanted her for what she is, a young girl!To quote from Chi "All her parents think about is money, you know how it is there or any poor country. Her parents were going to marry her 16 y.o sister to the same man, but the 16 y.o cried and ran away so the 18 y.o had to marry him, that's what I've heard. He bought them a van, tv, and fixed up the house."

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes Tom, there are a lot who fall in love with a lady and then take care of the family but IMO this sounds like buying the girl because the parents tried to pawn off the 16 year old first and then he ended up with the 18 year old. I am sorry but that seems a little strange to me and if she had to marry him to please her parents, that is very sad and reading between the lines, he could very well want her for other things or to be his slave, since he does not even really know her and took her anyway. So that seems like he wanted her for other things than who she is and rather wanted her for what she is, a young girl!To quote from Chi "All her parents think about is money, you know how it is there or any poor country. Her parents were going to marry her 16 y.o sister to the same man, but the 16 y.o cried and ran away so the 18 y.o had to marry him, that's what I've heard. He bought them a van, tv, and fixed up the house."
The problem is none of us know enough real facts to read between the lines,he is 68 and I can only imagine he operates several B&D sex dens at his age. :1 (72):

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The problem is none of us know enough real facts to read between the lines,he is 68 and I can only imagine he operates several B&D sex dens at his age. :1 (72):
Unfortunately there are far too many 68 year old pedophiles in this world and there is no way of knowing what they would be into because many of them get off swapping nude photos with other pedophiles and some go as far as making their mates have sex with other men or charging other men to have sex with them...... While we have no real idea if that guy is normal or not, the fact that he was willing to take the 16 year old sister and then accepted the 18 year old, leads me to believe that it was not a marriage of love and that he has other motives and did not care who he accepted as long as they were young, but as I said before, I pray I am wrong.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well that doesn't necessarily mean he will abuse her. Hopefully if that is the case they will both learn to care for each other and find happiness. And if he does abuse her I hope she divorces him and takes all his stuff. Edited by tom_shor

til
Posted
Posted

I agree it doesn't mean he will abuse her.But it does rule out love as a motive for marriage with a certainty of about 99%.I mean if I where "offered" the sister of my gf because she decides she doesn't want me I would say "no thanks I'll look somewhere else". Well actually I'd get to know the girl first anyway and ask her first to make sure she doesn't run away.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Guys, we do not know all the facts but what I do know is that he wanted to marry a 16 year old and then accepted her 18 year old sister who looks 16 to me in that picture, or at the very least looks very young. ......Now ask yourself why would a 68 year old man just accept a sister of the 16 year old he had interest in??I am not coming down on guys who have Internet relationships and then come and meet their ladies, but this guy did not seem to even know the 18 year old and if he wanted the 18 year old in the first place, why would he have tried to marry the 16 year old.......The answer is simple, he has a taste for young girls and was willing to take anyone he ended up with that the parents were accepting of.......I consider a guy like that to at the very least, fit the profile of a pedophile and pedophiles use their ladies in a lot of wrong ways......Again, I hope I am wrong but this relationship and everything about it, just seems all wrong to me.

Markham
Posted
Posted

I think there's a general atmosphere of disapproval of this "relationship" but let's not forget that it is Chi's family and, whether we like it or not, he and his have to live with this unfortunate liason in their midst. Any criticisms we make could be very hurtful to him and his wife and Chi is, after all, a well-liked and highly respected member of this and other Forums.Mark

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think there's a general atmosphere of disapproval of this "relationship" but let's not forget that it is Chi's family and, whether we like it or not, he and his have to live with this unfortunate liason in their midst. Any criticisms we make could be very hurtful to him and his wife and Chi is, after all, a well-liked and highly respected member of this and other Forums.Mark
Absolutely and Chi knows me well and knows that I am only trying to help...... We went to his house today and spoke to some relatives and it seems that the guy got engaged to the girl and then a short time later claimed he was ill and had to go home...... My guess is he used her and split but I asked them to look into it more and hopefully I am wrong and we will find out more in the days to come.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Absolutely and Chi knows me well and knows that I am only trying to help...... We went to his house today and spoke to some relatives and it seems that the guy got engaged to the girl and then a short time later claimed he was ill and had to go home...... My guess is he used her and split but I asked them to look into it more and hopefully I am wrong and we will find out more in the days to come.
I think this topic is based on gossip,half facts and is really none of our business. There is no gain or benefit to the members here to continue with this discussion. :th_thimage_265775: