Cost Of Wedding

Curley
Posted
Posted

I'm only going on what I've been told Jim. I know nothing.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Your $200 sounds much better
I was at a $200 filipino wedding a couple of months back. In fact my wife and I were the sponsors and her sister was the bride. You don't get much. The couple went to the mayor of a very small town to get married and went back to the barangay and put on a small party. Thats it. They are married. It works if all you want is to be legally married but if you want the church and a reception, start adding a '0' to the back of that figure.

acman
Posted
Posted

My sister in law just got married in Iligan city,She had a church wedding and a nice party after.She told my wife she spent 25,000 or 30,000 peso.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Thanks a lot guys!Now I'm getting nervous! I might have to stay here and work for another month or two before I can come over! And I'm not the one asking about the cost of weddings! Actually I think she may be happier with a simple wedding so.... :lol:Just out of curiosity.... Those with the couple hundred dollar weddings... What did they entail?
It is all in the 'packaging'! The way you tell her. Here is an example...Honey Ko...... I am a working man. I have saved up xxxx to spend here in the Philippines. Here is the situation. If I spend 85,000p+ on our wedding it means I do not have enough money to pay for your visa processing to come and see Kanoland. So I will let YOU make the decision. Is out wedding to cost no more than 12,000p and then i can pay for your visa? Or do you want to spend 85,000+p on our wedding and then you have no visa to come to Kanoland.What is your decision? Baby Ko????
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thanks a lot guys!Now I'm getting nervous! I might have to stay here and work for another month or two before I can come over! And I'm not the one asking about the cost of weddings! Actually I think she may be happier with a simple wedding so.... :lol:Just out of curiosity.... Those with the couple hundred dollar weddings... What did they entail?
It is all in the 'packaging'! The way you tell her. Here is an example...Honey Ko...... I am a working man. I have saved up xxxx to spend here in the Philippines. Here is the situation. If I spend 85,000p+ on our wedding it means I do not have enough money to pay for your visa processing to come and see Kanoland. So I will let YOU make the decision. Is out wedding to cost no more than 12,000p and then i can pay for your visa? Or do you want to spend 85,000+p on our wedding and then you have no visa to come to Kanoland.What is your decision? Baby Ko????
I want my wedding and I want it now!!! ( :attention: ) Never underestimate pinoy logic! hehehe. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I want my wedding and I want it now!!! ( :hystery: ) Never underestimate pinoy logic! hehehe.
It is not a question of her having or not having the wedding. But at what cost? Make it HER decision... And Bob... some friendly advice... go rent or maybe even look on youtube, a short routine by Sam Kinison! All about wedding advice.... :hystery: :attention:
  • Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted

Hello Acman,The 100 USD that you and your wife will give is just her way of helping the groom.The groom and his family is the one who will shoulder all the expenses. Yes, we still practice it here although there are times if the bride wanted to share then the groom's family will happily welcome it. Maybe that 100 dollars will buy their wedding cake or their lechon or her wedding dress. If you want to be generous to them because you feel that her family is worth it then tell your wife, "Honey maybe we better send them 200 dollars, the 100 dollars to be spent for their wedding, the 100 for them to start as a family" ....that will never be forgotten by the newly wed couple in their lifetime.I suggested this because of the way you described your wife's family.Regards.Daisy

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted
$3,000 ? GULP I was not expecting it to be THAT much. :hystery:
Its OK, the post you quote says $2000 so you saved yourself $1000 just by a gulp. My wedding cost something like maybe $200 so it depends on what you want. :hystery:
Jim says $3,000 Bundy says $2000 in 2003 and he agrees with Jim's $3,000 so I'm gulping at $3,000. Your $200 sounds much better but her ladyship wants a church wedding and all the trimmings for about 100 people. She did suggest that the reception would be at a beach resort and that we could provide minimal food and drink and that people would accept it. I cannot imagine people spending several hours at a beach resort with only a little food and drink but she says its normal. I think that a few additional crates of beer and bottles of Tanduay plus some soft drinks would be a mimimum. Anyone know whats the norm? She also tells me that toasting the bride and groom with say champagne would mean only providing champagne for the couple plus parents???
This girl never ceases to amaze me..... she's just said that she can do without her flash wedding, a small one in front of a judge or similar with her parents and sister would be OK. I was ready to give her what she wants. This is not the first time that she's thought things over and decided that it would be wise not to waste the money, I thnk I may be on to a little angel here. I have been thinking of perhaps renting a nice villa on a beach somewhere for the wedding and inviting the family to stay for a few days to make a special time/holiday for her close family rather than spend loads on 100 guests. It would still be memorable but in a different way.
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
$3,000 ? GULP I was not expecting it to be THAT much. :hystery:
Its OK, the post you quote says $2000 so you saved yourself $1000 just by a gulp. My wedding cost something like maybe $200 so it depends on what you want. :hystery:
Jim says $3,000 Bundy says $2000 in 2003 and he agrees with Jim's $3,000 so I'm gulping at $3,000. Your $200 sounds much better but her ladyship wants a church wedding and all the trimmings for about 100 people. She did suggest that the reception would be at a beach resort and that we could provide minimal food and drink and that people would accept it. I cannot imagine people spending several hours at a beach resort with only a little food and drink but she says its normal. I think that a few additional crates of beer and bottles of Tanduay plus some soft drinks would be a mimimum. Anyone know whats the norm? She also tells me that toasting the bride and groom with say champagne would mean only providing champagne for the couple plus parents???
This girl never ceases to amaze me..... she's just said that she can do without her flash wedding, a small one in front of a judge or similar with her parents and sister would be OK. I was ready to give her what she wants. This is not the first time that she's thought things over and decided that it would be wise not to waste the money, I thnk I may be on to a little angel here. I have been thinking of perhaps renting a nice villa on a beach somewhere for the wedding and inviting the family to stay for a few days to make a special time/holiday for her close family rather than spend loads on 100 guests. It would still be memorable but in a different way.
Sounds like you've got a keeper for sure!!! And you sound like you're not so bad yourself... :hystery:

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thank you kind sir.