Visiting Philippines, Rent Car And Driver Or Taxi Oncall?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
My experience driving here was not a good one. Toyco is the major car rental company, you can rent any kind of car with or without driver and they will deliver to you. I have heard only good things about them. If you need a car w/driver I can recommend a couple of very good ones if you want.
I agree about Toyco. They are who we rented the Mazda 3 involved in the roll over accident last year. Always nice people to deal with. Contract states what your liabilities are in case of accident. I did not feel screwed at all by what happened with our accident.Lately we have been getting rides with a relative that is part of a transportation co op.
  • Like 2

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I mostly get around by myself on public transport but for specific jobs like a day tour or day trip, I have regualr drivers I use for the provinces of Leyte, Bohol and Cebu. If you want the contact details let me know.Regards: Jim

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
My experience driving here was not a good one. Toyco is the major car rental company, you can rent any kind of car with or without driver and they will deliver to you. I have heard only good things about them. If you need a car w/driver I can recommend a couple of very good ones if you want.
Thanks Mike I'll get with you this summer. If you are in the area then we can get a picture of us in the clown van.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I agree about Toyco. They are who we rented the Mazda 3 involved in the roll over accident last year. Always nice people to deal with. Contract states what your liabilities are in case of accident. I did not feel screwed at all by what happened with our accident.Lately we have been getting rides with a relative that is part of a transportation co op.
We have family with a full size van on Letye so a transportation co-op is a good way to go. The way the co-op works is that the "rich Kano" pays.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I mostly get around by myself on public transport but for specific jobs like a day tour or day trip, I have regualr drivers I use for the provinces of Leyte, Bohol and Cebu. If you want the contact details let me know.Regards: Jim
Thanks Jim, This trip we will not visit Leyte but in the future your contacts would be helpful!

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

We are looking to take a few days off (from all this hard work I do) and stay in Moalboal for a few days ..... we have been talking to those companies that have the BIG taxi's ..... look like a small van or SUV ..... price is a little steep at 2500p one way but I don't trust the buses to much because of their Richard Petty driving skills (or should say lack of) ..... may come back by bus but want to enjoy or trip or at least get there ...... :)

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
We are looking to take a few days off (from all this hard work I do) and stay in Moalboal for a few days ..... we have been talking to those companies that have the BIG taxi's ..... look like a small van or SUV ..... price is a little steep at 2500p one way but I don't trust the buses to much because of their Richard Petty driving skills (or should say lack of) ..... may come back by bus but want to enjoy or trip or at least get there ...... :)
2500 seems to be about the going rate from Cebu City to Moalboal but may be worth it. I stayed at Marcosas Resort, very nice but book thru Agoda. Be sure to check out Kawasan Falls, about 45 min south of Moalboal. Very beautiful place.
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have a stupid question, because I do not know the answer. Are there no VHires which go that way? If so then it might be less expensive even if one of us has to pay for a couple of seats in order to be comfortable.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have a stupid question, because I do not know the answer. Are there no VHires which go that way? If so then it might be less expensive even if one of us has to pay for a couple of seats in order to be comfortable.
I know from experience that there used to be. I also know that someone who is concerned about the drivers of the Ceres Busses will be equally concerned about the v hire drivers. I also know that an impatient person like me can get on a v hire that is half full and say, "lets go . . I'll pay for the empty seats so you don't have to wait to fill up" and for about 1,000 you get an express v hire with lots of empty seats. (Otherwise you may be there for a long time waiting until every seat is filled)At least that was my experience a couple of years ago and I have no reason to suspect it has changed.
  • Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
We took a Vhire there and took the whole back seat which was 4x100p=400p. Wasn't pleasant but we got there. Went back with Danny Noy's taxi because he happened to be there dropping off and only charged 1500 as I recall. Much better.
  • Like 1