Visiting Philippines, Rent Car And Driver Or Taxi Oncall?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

MikeB and Dave ...... Hey thanks for the info guys ..... I have used Danny Noy before but haven't contacted him yet .... will do that shortly before we make up our minds .... MikeB we were researching the Tipolo resort ..... I think it is close to the Marcosas Resort but we will also check out that one ..... did you get your reservation cheaper through AgodaMr.Lee .... yes we did take a V-hire once to Car-Car ..... and I swore that I would never ride in one of those things again .... first off we had to pay for 3 seats ..... no problem .... but the driver kept packing in passengers anyway and kept trying to make me move over ..... I told him no way we paid for 3 seats and we're gonna take 3 seats ..... one poor young guy had to sit in someone else lap because of this ..... we told him we paid for 3 seats and he just smiled and said it's OK ... no problem ..... and when we took corners at 90 mph the damn van leaned over like a sail boat under full sail ..... nope not for me ...... we did take the bus back and it wasn't to bad ..... but then there are no mountainous roads to Car-Car .... :th_Good-Luck: :hystery:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Yes, the room was a few hundred less through Agoda but not always, worth checking. If you book through agoda the room is paid for so less hassle, less need for cash. The big issue there is no ATMs. The Marcosas is not on white beach but near all the restaurants, etc. Tough getting around there without a car or bike. I agree no more Vhires for me. When I go back I think I will rent a car and drive VERY carefully.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't do a lot of highway driving which has smoother surfaces, but the roads I do use around town are often rough with a lot of potholes and since my old car's suspension is quite stiff, I just let some air out of my tires to compensate for the rough roads and potholes, but it doesn't help my non-power steering on my old Toyota! That's why my friends kid me about it and call it my "pawisteering"! :th_Good-Luck:

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
We are looking to take a few days off (from all this hard work I do) and stay in Moalboal for a few days ..... we have been talking to those companies that have the BIG taxi's ..... look like a small van or SUV ..... price is a little steep at 2500p one way but I don't trust the buses to much because of their Richard Petty driving skills (or should say lack of) ..... may come back by bus but want to enjoy or trip or at least get there ...... :th_Good-Luck:
My wife would "get" a cab she trusted to drive me to Moalboal and then return a few days later both times they asked 3K Peso total if I remember right. The last time was three years ago. I stopped in Car Car and hosted the driver lunch and a snack in Moalboal when he departed. I guess the key is finding a cab or van in good working order. I will not ride in a local bus.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

How about this Dan? Is this doable? :89:post-682-0-77395000-1327329123_thumb.jpg

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
How about this Dan? Is this doable? :89:post-682-0-77395000-1327329123_thumb.jpg
Not with my big fat Kano A#*! :89:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Here go Dan,an 11" Wide Bicycle SeatMountain bikes, cruisers, road bicycles, street bicycles.

11" x 11" A Big Wide Comfort Seat Whipped Gel Technology

was $49.95 Our Price $28.95

bw11-lg.jpgImported medium-seat-pad.jpg For additional comfort, add an extra 1 1/2" gel padding on top of this seat for almost 2 pounds more gel padding! <a href="http://www.derri-air.com/seatposts.htm">

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Here go Dan,an 11" Wide Bicycle SeatMountain bikes, cruisers, road bicycles, street bicycles.

11" x 11" A Big Wide Comfort Seat Whipped Gel Technology

was $49.95 Our Price $28.95

bw11-lg.jpgImported medium-seat-pad.jpg For additional comfort, add an extra 1 1/2" gel padding on top of this seat for almost 2 pounds more gel padding! <a href="http://www.derri-air.com/seatposts.htm">

Thanks Art! Very thoughful. :89: :hystery:Back in the day I had a 45 hardtail it had a "tractor seat" very comfortable on longer trips.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I think I had one of those once... came in a cereal box... :tiphat:
  • Like 1