Visiting Philippines, Rent Car And Driver Or Taxi Oncall?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
During Philippines visits we use taxi cabs to get around. Some have working brakes, shocks and even aircon but that’s rare.Anyone rent a van or car with driver for a week or more? I will not drive in Philippines for many good reasons.What do visitors or expats do for transportation when you must have a reliable car or van all day?I rented a taxi for long trips and that worked well for us. We have not rented one for the day have any members done that? How did it go?
Moderators, does the forum have "sticky" capabilities? That is where there can be a subject(s) of particular interest that is always at the top of of forum. I was thinking that it would be a good idea if we had a "sticky" here in transport where we could post the names and phone numbers of honest and reliable taxis drivers that we had met in different cities. We met a few over Christmas that would have been good to share, and it would be good to reward them by throwing some business their way. Of course it would always have to be "buyer beware" but I am sure a lot of members could use this information.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Moderators, does the forum have "sticky" capabilities? That is where there can be a subject(s) of particular interest that is always at the top of of forum. I was thinking that it would be a good idea if we had a "sticky" here in transport where we could post the names and phone numbers of honest and reliable taxis drivers that we had met in different cities. We met a few over Christmas that would have been good to share, and it would be good to reward them by throwing some business their way. Of course it would always have to be "buyer beware" but I am sure a lot of members could use this information.
Sure does,I find not many read them or remember they are there but yes,I will make a topic there and it can be just for as you described,contact for recommended Drivers. :tiphat:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

No, She's not for hire! She's my personal driver! :714_full_of_crap:post-682-0-72017800-1327673714_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Moderators, does the forum have "sticky" capabilities?
She's my personal driver!
After careful consideration, I vote we make HER sticky.
  • Like 3

Jeff Zack
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have a trusted van driver in Tacloban for a ride out to Gen MacArthur first week of March 2012?Would also like info on car and motorcycle rentals in this area should there be any such animal.Jeff

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Would also like info on car and motorcycle rentals in this area should there be any such animal.
There's Haven's RENT A CAR but I have not used them because they charge 3K pesos a day to rent a car. Then there is L'huilier Taxi who hang around Robinson's mall and I am sure they would have a daily rate but unsure as to amount.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi!if your in and around Manila then I always use this car and driver combo, Toyota Avenza recent model, driver Robert Delacruz. Nice guy.I always try to use him on business trips 8 hrs Php1,500 per day plus fuel, tolls and food. I believe the company also has larger vans if necessaryMob +63 908 420 0221

• Like 1