Cni...cert Of No Impediment

tomtaylor
Posted
Posted

If getting married in P'pines, where do you obtain this? Heard that if issued in by Australian embassy in Australia it may not be acceptable and have to get it from oz embassy in Manila.If this is so, what is required to get one in Manila?

Bundy
Posted
Posted

G'day Tom, You need to go to the Australian Embassy Manila website and download the application form for CNI. Fill it out and post it by registered mail along with the prescribed fee and any other supporting documents it asks for.They will then send you the certificate by post ( i am assuming you're in OZ at the moment) if you are in the Phils then ofcourse just go to the embassy.You cannot get this bit of paper from Australia, it MUST be issued by the embassy in Manila. Best of luck.

• Like 2

tomtaylor
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that. so if in P'pines I can get it by post from the embassy there and delivered to my address there. Being in Cebu ok to do that? dont fancy trip to hellhole manila

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Thanks for that. so if in P'pines I can get it by post from the embassy there and delivered to my address there. Being in Cebu ok to do that? dont fancy trip to hellhole manila
If you're in the Philippines, just request that they send it to you with LBC. I wouldn't trust the local postal system there mate. They'll probably do that anyway.
  • Like 3

tomtaylor
Posted
Posted
If you're in the Philippines, just request that they send it to you with LBC. I wouldn't trust the local postal system there mate. They'll probably do that anyway.
thanks again,about trusting post service,would u say it better to get the paperwork sent to oz and go from there or do in p'pines?

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wait a minute, now you got me confused. Are you in OZ or in the Phils?If you're in Oz........... then do as i originally suggested.print the form off from the Australian Embassy website, fill it in and post it. From memory it usually takes about 6 weeks to get the certificate sent to you. If however you will be travelling to Cebu within that time, then ok, tell them to send it to you in Cebu using LBC. I assume you've read all the other crap from DFA about getting married overseas?Basically do all your homework first........BEFORE you leave and make sure you got PLENTY of certified copies of all your documents coz you're gonna need em! Once you arrive in Cebu, PATIENCE is the key word! follow all the rules and regulations, dot the i's and cross the t's and you'll be fine.If you're planning on bringing your wife-to-be to Australia then i strongly suggest that you hold off getting her a passport until AFTER you are married coz if she gets a passport issued in her maiden name (and the embassy will tell you that this is fine) trust me you're gonna have a never ending sh&tfight with authorities here in Australia.Best of luck mate :cheersty:

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you're planning on bringing your wife-to-be to Australia then i strongly suggest that you hold off getting her a passport until AFTER you are married coz if she gets a passport issued in her maiden name (and the embassy will tell you that this is fine) trust me you're gonna have a never ending sh&tfight with authorities here in Australia.Best of luck mate

that is a good point, nice tip thanks!

I'm in Australia and I want to get the CNI, I had originally thought that we could get one here in Aus but after reading on the webpage and this thread that is not the case.

It will be just under 2 months when I get back to PH so I don't want to risk applying for it here and it arrives after I leave so I will probably wait until I'm there and we have our own house and address before applying for it....

I forgot to mention that I will be arriving in Manila in the early morning and then will fly out to Cebu that day. How hard would it be to get to the immigration office and put my CNI application in there in person? How long would the wait be roughly and how hard is it to get from airport in Manila to the Immigration office and back again? I think I'm arriving at terminal 1 with Jetstar.

Edited by Adventurer

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm in Australia and I want to get the CNI, I had originally thought that we could get one here in Aus but after reading on the webpage and this thread that is not the case.

It will be just under 2 months when I get back to PH so I don't want to risk applying for it here and it arrives after I leave so I will probably wait until I'm there and we have our own house and address before applying for it....

I forgot to mention that I will be arriving in Manila in the early morning and then will fly out to Cebu that day. How hard would it be to get to the immigration office and put my CNI application in there in person? How long would the wait be roughly and how hard is it to get from airport in Manila to the Immigration office and back again? I think I'm arriving at terminal 1 with Jetstar.

The Australian Embassy is in Makati which is very close to the airport but let me tell you these people can be very helpful sometimes and very difficult at other times.I don't know if you can just rock up there and submit your CNI.They seem to require an appointment before they will entertain you.You can't just leave it there either.This place has more security than the mint.You could try contacting them BEFORE you leave, otherwise i would wait till you're here.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed quotes
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

When dealing with any department of the Philippine government never think you can get anything done fast. Every process is designed to take days, weeks or months.

Here's just two examples of how long things take here:

On February 6th I renewed the registration for my motorcycle at the Land Transportation Office in Carcar City where I live.  It took a total of 5 1/2 hours.  2 hours for the emissions test and another 3 1/2 hours just to change a few of the fees on the registration form and print it again, but wait I'm not finished yet.  They didn't have any 2013 stickers to go on the license plate so I was told to come back in March to get a sticker.  Today is March 23rd and still no stickers, so how many weeks or months before I'm finished with my motorcycle registration for this year?  Only God knows the answer to that question.

It takes a minimum of 4 trips to Immigration to get a Probationary Permanent 13A Visa and another 4 trips to get the Permanent 13A Visa.  If you don't have all the requirements it will take more trips or if you come too late in the day you will have to make more trips or if you accidentally come on one of the many Holidays it will take more trips.  If a minimum of 8 trips to get a Permanent 13A Visa sounds unbelievable to you.  What do I think about this?  It took 3 months just to print the ACR I-card that is part of the 13A  process.

At least you will be dealing with your Embassy to apply for the CNI. Hopefully you will have better luck there, but don't expect getting married in the Philippines to be fast and easy.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

At least you will be dealing with your Embassy to apply for the CNI. Hopefully you will have better luck there, but don't expect getting married in the Philippines to be fast and easy.

I think I will disagree with that as certainly was quick and easy for me.  :)

• Like 2