Really Need Advice About Moving To Manila

Genius
Posted
Posted

Traffic great on Sunday's, that's when I like to fly, during week agreed is pig in rush hour.

• 1 month later...
jode
Posted
Posted

On a trip to Philippines I did not know about needing a round -trip ticket to get into country. At check in at O'Hare in Chicago the machine would not issue me a boarding pass. After a very tense hour wait and no one knowing the reason for the problem, the machine finally issued my boarding pass just before final boarding. When i got to Seoul on a stopover, I was paged by my airline (Asiana) and in their office it was explained i needed a return ticket to get into Philippines. They took my credit card and sold me a refundable return ticket. When i arrived in cebu I went to their office at the airport and refunded my return ticket. Total expense was a $40 handling fee. I have used this method a couple times since when I wanted to leave my return date open. In fact the AAA travel agent last time was even able to schedule my refund automatically at the time she sold me the ticket in USA, thus saving me the trouble of going to office at cebu airport to do it. Visas were able to be renewed at immigration office in Philippines with no problem. Refundable return ticket -Its an alternative to buying a throw away ticket.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... like I said before.... Maybe it'll be easier if I just swim....! :unsure:

scianna54
Posted
Posted

Every time I am in Manila, I see lots of rentals for around 10 to 15 K ($300 to 450), they look decent but not luxury. I think you may have to sign a 6 month contract minimum, I would look near a mall and the skytrain (not sure if that's the right name) depending on what you mainly do. Those places are usually not online.

• Like 2

karlen
Posted
Posted

I live in manila. It can get a little getting used to. I know my bf was shocked the first time he got here. I usually stay at the ortigas area. Thats where megamall is at..there's nightlife available too.

• Like 1