Wrong Birth Certificate

Travis
Posted
Posted
I remember reading a while back somewhere about a Filipino whose birth cert said he was a female & he eventually married an American only for the poor American guy to find out on the wedding night that there was two dicks in the room. :o :bash: :89: :o I wonder whose was bigger :angry:
AddEmoticons04230.gifth_thholysheep.gifthats-funny.gifhystery.gif
it is a truse story you can look at it here but I still wonder whose dick was bigger :lol: :whistling: :89:

brock
Posted
Posted

yeah, Kid answers a knock at the door, visitor asks if his papa`is in, Kid says, Yes, He`s upstairs sucking Mama`s C++k

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
yeah, Kid answers a knock at the door, visitor asks if his papa`is in, Kid says, Yes, He`s upstairs sucking Mama`s C++k
For Christmas this year, this is no longer a joke. Search for:Elton John and his partner have become the proud parents of a son born to a surrogate in California on Christmas Day

brock
Posted
Posted

I watched a documentary about Elton John the other night, And he really loves the guy he is with, I think he will make a great dad and I think his kid will get all the love in the world, I say good luck to them both.Regards Brock.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I watched a documentary about Elton John the other night, And he really loves the guy he is with, I think he will make a great dad and I think his kid will get all the love in the world, I say good luck to them both.Regards Brock.
Even though this topic is well of track now I have to say I agree ,good luck to them. The only problem is that by having this type of a family set up the child will be some what brought up in a confused state,I would hate to be a child growing up with 2 gay dads. How does this influence the child,will the child be gay from living in that environment ?

• 6 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
My youngest daughter has 2 birth certificates, One for the 3rd of october and one for the 6th of october.Now work that one out........Seems to me that the people in charge of anything just havnt got a clue to what they are doing, I just feel as though I am banging my head against a brick wall in the Philippines, Seems as though they are as thick as sh** when it comes to doing anything that needs one ounce of brain, Also been married 555555555555555 times to the same woman.....Does my head in, it really does.Regards Brock.
here is the answer to your question.in manilatimes.net it has a "legal" advice columnthis column has many answers to the questions that have been listed above.you may have to go back a few months BUT the answers can be found, Dear PAO,I have been using my “known” birthdate until I started working. Recently when I got a copy of my birth certificate from NSO, I discovered that my birth was registered twice at the same municipality where I was born. The two certificates differ by one day. Most of my documents such as school records, SSS, PhilHealth, PRC ID etc., indicate my “known” birthdate. I am currently applying for a passport and I have this problem. Both registrations are active at the database of NSO. What can I do to solve this issue? Would an affidavit be enough?Regards,Mr. Double Dear Mr. Double, The birth certificate that you should use is the one that was first registered. The second birth certificate should be cancelled. Under Section 1, Rule 108 of the Revised Rules of Court, any person interested in any act, event, order or decree concerning the civil status of persons which has been recorded in the civil register, may file a verified petition for the cancellation or correction of any entry relating thereto, with the Court of First Instance (now Regional Trial Court) of the province where the corresponding civil registry is located. Thus, you may file a Petition for the cancellation of your second birth certificate before the Regional Trial Court of the place where your birth certificate was registered. If there is an error in the date of birth in your first birth certificate, you may join this as a cause of action in the Petition for cancellation of the second birth certificate. It is unclear however, as to which date of birth you have been using in your documents; the date of birth in the first or second birth certificate. If you have been using the date of birth in your second birth certificate, you will have to execute an affidavit, stating that your correct date of birth is the one indicated in your first birth certificate. In the meantime, if you really need to secure a passport, you may use the original (first) birth certificate and if a question arises with regard to the existence of your second birth certificate, you may execute an affidavit stating therein that your first birth certificate is the correct one and present the same to the Department of Foreign Affairs. :cool_beans: Editor’s note: Dear PAO is a daily column of the Public Attorney’s Office. Edited by ed villas

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
We have a problem with my sister in laws Birth Certificate. On it, it has her marked down as a Male, when obviously she is not. She is very clearly female, and always has been. What is the process, and hassles, and proper procedure to get this changed, so as at least she can apply for a passport, or even in the future, if she wants to get married, she will need the proper document. By the way, she currently lives in Cebu. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Ihave found your answer to your question.situationin the manila times online edition is a column that answers certain "legal issues" hope that this is helpful to you and others who may experience some "issues" DEAR PAO,I found out that my gender in my birth certificate is erroneously entered as Male. I went to the Office of the Civil Registrar of Manila to have it corrected but they said that they cannot do anything about it because I was registered in Quezon City. But when I went to the Office of the Civil Registrar in Quezon City, the personnel there said that I need to go to court for its correction. Isn’t there a law that allows correction of entries without going to court? I am tired being pointed to different offices. I wish you can help me. Mae Dear Mae, We understand the frustration that you are experiencing for not being able to correct the error in your birth certificate. However, you have to understand that we have certain rules and procedures that we need to follow in order to effect changes in our birth certificates. It is true that there is a law which allows the correction of entry in birth certificates without going to court. This is Republic Act No. 9408 otherwise known as the Clerical Error Law. However, not all kinds of errors can be corrected under this law. Section 1 of RA 9408 provides that only clerical or typographical errors in civil register may be corrected or changed by the concerned city or municipal civil registrar or consul general in accordance with this law and its Implementing Rules and Regulations. A clerical or typographical error is defined as a mistake committed in the performance of clerical work in writing, copying, transcribing or typing an entry in the civil register that is harmless and innocuous, such as misspelled name or misspelled place of birth or the like, which is visible to the eyes or obvious to the understanding, and can be corrected or changed only by reference to other existing record or records, provided, however, that no correction must involve the change of nationality, age, status, or sex of the petitioner (Section 2(3), ibid). (emphasis supplied) It can be gleaned from the foregoing that the error in your gender is not among the errors which can be administratively corrected by the Civil Registrar. As correctly pointed out by the personnel of the Office of the Civil Registrar of Quezon City, you need to go to court to correct such error. You may do so by filing a Petition for Correction of Entry under Rule 108 of the Rules of Court in the Regional Trial Court of Quezon City, where your record of birth is registered. Upon filing of the petition, the court shall order the time and place of the hearing and that reasonable notice be given to the persons named in the petition. It shall likewise order its publication once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks, in a newspaper of general circulation in the province where the petition is filed (Section 4, rule 108). The court may either grant or deny the petition. In either case, certified copy of the judgment shall be served upon the civil registrar concerned who shall annotate the same in his record. Finally, we wish to remind you that this opinion is solely based on your narration of facts and our appreciation of the same. The opinion may vary if other facts are added or elaborated. We hope that we were able to address your concern. Editor’s note: Dear PAO is a daily column of the Public Attorney’s Office. http://www.manilatim...gistry-entries/

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We have a problem with my sister in laws Birth Certificate. On it, it has her marked down as a Male, when obviously she is not. She is very clearly female, and always has been. What is the process, and hassles, and proper procedure to get this changed, so as at least she can apply for a passport, or even in the future, if she wants to get married, she will need the proper document. By the way, she currently lives in Cebu. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Candyman, it has been a while since you posted this, has there been any resolution to the problem?

Candyman
Posted
Posted
Candyman, it has been a while since you posted this, has there been any resolution to the problem?
Thanks Ed, and Kuya ! Yes, it is basically exactly like Ed has posted above, except for the localities, (Badian and Cebu City), instead of Manila and Quezon City. She had to really jump through hoops, and it was very frustrating and time consuming. She in fact had to appear in Cebu City Court Four separate occasions, before the problem was resolved. It was resolved satisfactorily Last May (2011), on the fourth visit to court. She now has the amended Birth Certificate. It took just over two years to get one word changed ! (Male to Female) ! Now she can apply for a Passport, but now circumstances have changed a bit, so there is not quite the rush for this, as now we have to save up the bond and fare to get her here.Last time, in 2009, her other sister visited us here in Australia for three months, on a family sponsored visa, but we had to put up $8,000.00 Bond ! At the time, we had that, for that sister, but now we have to save again for the other sister, and it is so much harder to save anything these days than what it was before ! Hopefully we will get her here, before I kick the tin ! Thankyou for everyone with their posts and support !

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
They misspelled my wife's name and now she can't apply for dual citizenship. We hired a lawyer in Cebu to help us out, when we come back to Cebu, my wife has to go to court with the lawyer to starighten it out.If you need her lawyer's name and number, pm me.
for most issues you dont NEED a lawyer to "clear up" an error on your birth certificate a column in the manila times .has many answers to the questions we/you may have about these issues,Dear PAO,I have a problem. I found out just recently that the name in my birth certificate is different from the name I have been using all my life. The name I have been using and is indicated in all my records, Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, SSS, and driver’s license is “Gary”. But when I got my birth certificate, what was there under my name is “Gerardo”. How do I fix this? May I just retain the name I have used all my life or do I need to change all my records, which will be far too tedious for words. Also, another problem is that I was registered in the far south (Mindanao) and I am now staying in Manila. Do I really have to go to Mindanao to get this fixed? Please give me some advice. Gary X Dear Gary X,Under the law, no entry in the civil register may be changed or corrected except upon order of the court unless pertaining to clerical or typographical errors or change of first name. These may be changed or corrected by the local civil registrar or by the consul general in accordance with Republic Act No. 9048 or what is more commonly known as the Gunigundo Law (Section 1). Thus, you may have your first name changed to conform to the name you are using by filing the appropriate petition for said purpose before the local civil registrar and you will no longer need to file a petition before the courts. The law also allows said petition to be filed before the Office of the Local Civil Registrar of the place where the petitioner is a resident even if said place is not where the fact of birth was registered. Section 3, paragraph 2 of R.A. 9408 states that: “In case the petitioner has already migrated to another place in the country and it would not be practical for such party, in terms of transportation expenses, time and effort to appear in person before the local civil registrar keeping the documents to be corrected or changed, the petition may be filed, in person, with the local civil registrar of the place where the interested party is presently residing or domiciled. The two (2) local civil registrars concerned will then communicate to facilitate the processing of the petition.” Thus, you no longer have to go to Mindanao to have your first name changed. You may directly go to the office of the local civil registrar of the place of your residence to file your petition. The following are the grounds on which a petition for the change of first name may be based:“(1) The petitioner finds the first name or nickname to be ridiculous, tainted with dishonor or extremely difficult to write or pronounce. (2) The new first name or nickname has been habitually and continuously used by the petitioner and he has been publicly known by that first name or nickname in the community: or(3) The change will avoid confusion.” (Section 4, R.A. No. 9048)It is quite clear that your case falls on the second ground mentioned above, the change you seek being due to the fact that you have been known to the public by the name you wish to change your official first name for. The petition, which you have to submit before the local civil registrar’s office of Manila requires the following:“(1) A certified true machine copy of the certificate or of the page of the registry book containing the entry or entries sought to be corrected or changed.(2) At least two (2) public or private documents showing the correct entry or entries upon which the correction or change shall be based; and(3) Other documents which the petitioner or the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the petition. In case of change of first name or nickname, the petition shall likewise be supported with the documents mentioned in the immediately preceding paragraph. In addition, the petition shall be published at least once a week for two (2) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation. Furthermore, the petitioner shall submit a certification from the appropriate law enforcement agencies that he has no pending case or no criminal record.” (Section 5, R.A. No. 9048) http://www.manilatimes.net/news/nation/man-wants-to-correct-his-name-in-birth-certificate/