Wrong Birth Certificate

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We have a problem with my sister in laws Birth Certificate. On it, it has her marked down as a Male, when obviously she is not. She is very clearly female, and always has been. What is the process, and hassles, and proper procedure to get this changed, so as at least she can apply for a passport, or even in the future, if she wants to get married, she will need the proper document. By the way, she currently lives in Cebu. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
Candyman, it has been a while since you posted this, has there been any resolution to the problem?
Thanks Ed, and Kuya ! Yes, it is basically exactly like Ed has posted above, except for the localities, (Badian and Cebu City), instead of Manila and Quezon City. She had to really jump through hoops, and it was very frustrating and time consuming. She in fact had to appear in Cebu City Court Four separate occasions, before the problem was resolved. It was resolved satisfactorily Last May (2011), on the fourth visit to court. She now has the amended Birth Certificate. It took just over two years to get one word changed ! (Male to Female) ! Now she can apply for a Passport, but now circumstances have changed a bit, so there is not quite the rush for this, as now we have to save up the bond and fare to get her here.Last time, in 2009, her other sister visited us here in Australia for three months, on a family sponsored visa, but we had to put up $8,000.00 Bond ! At the time, we had that, for that sister, but now we have to save again for the other sister, and it is so much harder to save anything these days than what it was before ! Hopefully we will get her here, before I kick the tin ! Thankyou for everyone with their posts and support !
Thank you for the update and we are glad she got her new certificate. :cool_beans: Hey, no kicking the tin, you have to ask our permission to do that, and we will never give it, so you should be around a long time. biggrin.gif

stevensan
Posted
Posted

I wish I had found this thread two years ago!!My wife has just gone through the process of changing her birth certificate. She has all documentation under one name, with the NSO birth certificate in that name. The last time we applied to NSO for another copy of the bc a different one turned up, with a different name, and a different 'father'!NSO refused to help despite the fact we could produce an NSO birth certificate in her 'original' name. They claimed it must be a fake (which was issued from the same person who claimed it was a fake no less) and said they would only change it with a court order from Catbologan courts in Samar. We live in Laguna. It took 4 visits to Samar before the judge finally agreed to the change, and a further 6 months after the judge agreed before the order was passed. 2 years on we are still waiting on NSO to abide by the order and make the correction.The whole process cost us 30,000peso in lawyers fee, 8000 peso for publication and around 25000 peso in trips and accommodation to Samar and back.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sorry for going off topic just a wee bit but I often wonder if my birth certificate is genuine as my mother said I was found in the cabbage patch but my father said a stork dropped me off, contrary to this my certificate says I was born in a hospital at ----.Not really sure what to believe or should I pay someone to check this out.89.gif

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems that there are various posts regarding this issue, here is another link that could be of assistance Errors ,how To Solve Those Paperwork/ Legal Document