Throw Away Tickets

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Really, so it will add up a bit then. This throw away ticket is starting to look more like a flight I should actually take.Maybe I could buy a return ticket to another city and go and spend a couple of night there while I'm at it. I would enjoy exploring some other countries but just for a couple of days and where I could stay at a reasonable cost. I have only been to the Philippines, I wouldn't mind having some bragging rights when i get old one day to say I also went to this country and that country lol... but seriously I would enjoy to go and check out the Hong Kong food markets etc and take a few photos.... Even better if I could take my girlfriend but I don't even know if she has a passport!So if I buy a return ticket to say Hong Kong and then back to Manila etc then would that be OK for Philippines immigration or do they only want to see a one way out of there?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Really, so it will add up a bit then. This throw away ticket is starting to look more like a flight I should actually take.Maybe I could buy a return ticket to another city and go and spend a couple of night there while I'm at it. I would enjoy exploring some other countries but just for a couple of days and where I could stay at a reasonable cost. I have only been to the Philippines, I wouldn't mind having some bragging rights when i get old one day to say I also went to this country and that country lol... but seriously I would enjoy to go and check out the Hong Kong food markets etc and take a few photos.... Even better if I could take my girlfriend but I don't even know if she has a passport!So if I buy a return ticket to say Hong Kong and then back to Manila etc then would that be OK for Philippines immigration or do they only want to see a one way out of there?
We just got back a few days ago from Manila to Hong Kong and back to Manila! Prior to our departure from Hong Kong, we were asked if we had our follow-on (throw away) tickets before we were given our boarding pass and allowed to board the plane going back to Manila! Simple as that! The Hong Kong airport is huge and you can be walking around in circles before you find your airline check-in counter! So, give yourself plenty of time!
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Maybe I could buy a return ticket to another city and go and spend a couple of night there while I'm at it.
That's fine. It works. But if you then use that ticket to go and come back . . . . . you will need another throw away when you come back to the Philippines. Every time you enter the country you need a valid exit ticket.
  • Like 4

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted

Tiger AirClark - BKIMay 3rd 2012Sale Fare PHP 799.00Convenience fee PHP 250.00Total Due PHP 1049.00Less than $25. You can't do much better than that.

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Tiger AirClark - BKIMay 3rd 2012Sale Fare PHP 799.00Convenience fee PHP 250.00Total Due PHP 1049.00Less than $25. You can't do much better than that.
Granted that Tiger Airways has the lowest tickets around and I already knew that prior to going with Cebu Pacific Air, but the point was that Tiger Airway's website was so difficult to navigate, let alone try to pay on-line to purchase their tickets, so I just gave up out of frustration after trying for a week! I tried all three of my web browsers too to no avail and I'm sure Adventurer had the same problems! I even called their customer service directly and they also admitted that they may have problems with their website! And Tiger Airways only accepts major credit cards without any other options to pay! Cebu Pacific Air accepts major credit cards and certain ATM debits cards and will accept cash payments at certain banks and LBC branches etc listed on their website! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted (edited)
Granted that Tiger Airways has the lowest tickets around and I already knew that prior to going with Cebu Pacific Air, but the point was that Tiger Airway's website was so difficult to navigate, let alone try to pay on-line to purchase their tickets, so I just gave up out of frustration after trying for a week! I tried all three of my web browsers too to no avail and I'm sure Adventurer had the same problems! I even called their customer service directly and they also admitted that they may have problems with their website! And Tiger Airways only accepts major credit cards without any other options to pay! Cebu Pacific Air accepts major credit cards and certain ATM debits cards and will accept cash payments at certain banks and LBC branches etc listed on their website!
I have credit cards, so it does make it much easier. I have paid Cebu Pacific from my bank account online as well.The last one I actually purchased online was through Air Asia and it was less than P2,000 Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)
that looks more like it but I should have said I arrive on the 29th of Feb so I would need my ticket within 21 days so before the 20th of March. I will have another look later today, maybe even check out some boats to Malaysia too.... Edited by Adventurer

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
that looks more like it but I should have said I arrive on the 29th of Feb so I would need my ticket within 21 days so before the 20th of March. I will have another look later today, maybe even check out some boats to Malaysia too....
Some will argue this but it does not have to be within the 21 days,mine never are. As long as you have a ticket to show you are exiting some time.Also if you are buying online from some airlines like Cebu Pacific you may not be able to as they never used to accept US cards online but I was able to use my Australian card until last year where it would not go through the system.Tiger might be OK as their owned by Singapore airline,airphil would accept one card and not another I found but that was while I was in Cebu.So dont leave it to the last minute to sort it all out. :thumbsup:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
,airphil would accept one card and not another I found
You were trying to use a credit card you found to buy an airline ticket? Shouldn't that be under that other post about turning in people? :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

i was able to book my flight from Singapore to Cebu with Cebu Pacific using my Australian Visa so that is working now.Interesting about it not having to be in the 21 day time frame. That would be good as then I could buy the one from Salty dog for May but I'm a little worried I will be stopped and thrown out at the airport :)Maybe I have to stop being a tightass and just spend $50 or whatever lol