Throw Away Tickets

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hooray;now we can all relax :lol:Can I ask what the flight actually cost you to get to Cebu?
yeah lol so can Ithe prices were as follows and this is the final payment that it cost me with taxes, GST and all the other things along with the Jetstar flights I made them the ones you can change in case I'm not ready so that was an extra $70 plus they throw in a free meal, frequent flyer points, priority boarding etc too:jetstar - Sydney to melbourne : $83 (I realized later that Tiger air would have been cheaper)jetstar - Melbourne to Singapore: $409CebuPac - Singapore to Cebu: $103Edit: Tiger Air - Clarke to Kota Kinabalu $24.12 (throw away ticket) Edited by Adventurer

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Hooray;now we can all relax :lol:Can I ask what the flight actually cost you to get to Cebu?
yeah lol so can Ithe prices were as follows and this is the final payment that it cost me with taxes, GST and all the other things along with the Jetstar flights I made them the ones you can change in case I'm not ready so that was an extra $70 plus they throw in a free meal, frequent flyer points, priority boarding etc too:jetstar - Sydney to melbourne : $83 (I realized later that Tiger air would have been cheaper)jetstar - Melbourne to Singapore: $409CebuPac - Singapore to Cebu: $103Edit: Tiger Air - Clarke to Kota Kinabalu $24.12 (throw away ticket)
I think we all need a little bit of coaching in how to buy the cheaper tickets! Those tickets for $24.12 are Ok, but what's the total cost in pesos after adding on all of the other stuff? :mocking: So, if anyone knows of any promo flight deals on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, let us all in on it! I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it! :welcome:

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

You get some good deals on Jetstar on a Friday actually, it is called the weekly Friday Frenzy Sale. Also, Air Asia are starting cheap flights from Aussie to Manila from April 1. I would say the other airline to watch is Tiger airways for really cheap deals. With all these 3 airlines I think you cover most of the best deals. Keep an eye on the ones like I have, indirect like to Singapore first.

Edited by Adventurer

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You get some good deals on Jetstar on a Friday actually, it is called the weekly Friday Frenzy Sale. Also, Air Asia are starting cheap flights from Aussie to Manila from April 1. I would say the other airline to watch is Tiger airways for really cheap deals. With all these 3 airlines I think you cover most of the best deals. Keep an eye on the ones like I have, indirect like to Singapore first.
Good advice for our Aussie members but the rest will have to share their own deals from their own departure points. :cheersty:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
http://www.philippin...ur_packages.jspPhilippine Airlines have what they call their "Swingaround" package deals. Just enter your dates and see what comes up! I don't really know if they will be any cheaper instead of doing it yourself on-line with other sites, like Cebu Pacific Air, Tiger Airways and Air Asia, but sometimes their websites are difficult to navigate, maybe it helps to have at least a 3mbps DSL connection! Just be aware of the Philippine Travel Tax and Exit Clearance Certificate requiements Travel Taxhttp://www.himpapawi...travel-tax.htmlExit Clearance Certificatehttp://manila.usemba...v/wwwha006.html Edited by Art2ro

• 1 month later...
yosho
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this thread - very useful to know about the throw aways, as I am planning to enter this time for the long-term and was not planning on buying an outward ticket! - The previous two times I had entered the country, no one asked to see my onward ticket at any point in the process. Japan apparently has the same rule, yet, again, when I entered that country, no one asked me about it.I also often wonder what would happen if I arrived into the Phils airport and they demanded to see one, only for me to not have one. Would they deport me? Or just take me over to a computer and force me to buy a ticket on the spot?I don't have a lot of experience with air travel using Asian carriers, but is it always cheaper to just buy a throw-away ticket, rather than trying to buy a ticket with a cancellation policy and just cancelling it? Or does the extra cost of buying a "cancel-able" ticket negate any benefit?Cheers,J

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The previous two times I had entered the country, no one asked to see my onward ticket at any point in the process.
One possibility for that is that you held a return ticket with the same carrier. Thus it is already in the system and no need to ask for it. I never get the return and am always, always, always asked for an exit ticket. But maybe I am just unlucky . . . . all 6 times.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i am comming in June found this for a throw awayDepart AK 6265 Clark(Manila) (CRK) to Kota Kinabalu (BKI) Friday, 22 June 2012 Depart 1610 Arrive 1805 Promo (CRK - BKI) 1,090.00 PHP1 Guest @ 1,090.00 PHP 1,090.00 PHPTotal