Throw Away Tickets

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
i was able to book my flight from Singapore to Cebu with Cebu Pacific using my Australian Visa so that is working now.Interesting about it not having to be in the 21 day time frame. That would be good as then I could buy the one from Salty dog for May but I'm a little worried I will be stopped and thrown out at the airport :)Maybe I have to stop being a tightass and just spend $50 or whatever lol
Just Singapore to Cebu? That sounds like a return ticket to the Philippines! Where's your follow-on ticket to show the check-in counter people in Singapore leaving the Philippines again once you get there? It should be round trip ticket from Cebu to Singapore, Singapore to Cebu and with an on-ward (throw away) ticket to where ever leaving the Philippines again! You planning on a side trip besides Singapore?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
i was able to book my flight from Singapore to Cebu with Cebu Pacific using my Australian Visa so that is working now.Interesting about it not having to be in the 21 day time frame. That would be good as then I could buy the one from Salty dog for May but I'm a little worried I will be stopped and thrown out at the airport :)Maybe I have to stop being a tightass and just spend $50 or whatever lol
Just Singapore to Cebu? That sounds like a return ticket to the Philippines! Where's your follow-on ticket to show the check-in counter people in Singapore leaving the Philippines again once you get there? It should be round trip ticket from Cebu to Singapore, Singapore to Cebu and with an on-ward (throw away) ticket to where ever leaving the Philippines again! You planning on a side trip besides Singapore?
Singapore is his route from Australia,why he is changing airlines there I don't know why and don't know who he is flying with but if he went with Singapore Airlines you arrive at Singapore usually for a few hours without leaving the airport then on to Silk Air which is owned by them too so there is nothing needed except for an onward ticket to somewhere.
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That makes more sense coming from Australia! :hystery:

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Also if you are buying online from some airlines like Cebu Pacific you may not be able to as they never used to accept US cards online but I was able to use my Australian card until last year where it would not go through the system
I always use an Australian Credit Union Visa Debit card for purchasing my online local Phil flights and i look at it like like a little game.First i'll try Cebu Pacific, sometimes the transaction goes through, sometimes it doesn't, if it doesn't then i go to Philippine Airlines, or AirPhil.........one of them is bound to work! Just what it is with their online booking service i dunno. it works fine one day and then the next time you want to book it denies your card!

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)
Singapore is his route from Australia,why he is changing airlines there I don't know and don't know who he is flying with but if he went with Singapore Airlines you arrive at Singapore usually for a few hours without leaving the airport then on to Silk Air which is owned by them too so there is nothing needed except for an onward ticket to somewhere.
OK, this is my route so far:I will travel from the central coast the day before and stay the night in Sydney and get the 6.45am Jetstar plane from Sydney to Melbourne. I then wait at Melbourne to around Midday and then I get a flight to Singapore (still flying jetstar).I get to Singapore around 5pm so I have 7 hours to pass as my flight from Singapore to cebu with CebuPacific leaves just after midnight. I spoke to another person who said I can go for a walk around Singapore so that will also be exciting while I pass the time.I will get into Cebu just after 4.am in the morning. I hope to have plenty of sleep on the planes as it helps pass the time away.When I get to Cebu I will get a cab to a hotel in the city, I haven't decided which one yet. Then I will relax, maybe sleep more, have a wash etc and then meet up with this girl I have been looking forward to meet in person..... :hystery: I will then just take each day as it comes....So I just need a throw away ticket to please immigration otherwise just about everything else is organized. Edited by Adventurer

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Singapore is his route from Australia,why he is changing airlines there I don't know and don't know who he is flying with but if he went with Singapore Airlines you arrive at Singapore usually for a few hours without leaving the airport then on to Silk Air which is owned by them too so there is nothing needed except for an onward ticket to somewhere.
OK, this is my route so far:I will travel from the central coast the day before and stay the night in Sydney and get the 6.45am Jetstar plane from Sydney to Melbourne. I then wait at Melbourne to around Midday and then I get a flight to Singapore (still flying jetstar).I get to Singapore around 5pm so I have 7 hours to pass as my flight from Singapore to cebu with CebuPacific leaves just after midnight. I spoke to another person who said I can go for a walk around Singapore so that will also be exciting while I pass the time.I will get into Cebu just after 4.am in the morning. I hope to have plenty of sleep on the planes as it helps pass the time away.When I get to Cebu I will get a cab to a hotel in the city, I haven't decided which one yet. Then I will relax, maybe sleep more, have a wash etc and then meet up with this girl I have been looking forward to meet in person..... :hystery: I will then just take each day as it comes....So I just need a throw away ticket to please immigration otherwise just about everything else is organized.
I guess you're going with these airlines because that is the cheapest way you have found to reach Cebu from where you are. Fair enough, but just be sure to get the onward ticket ( to depart the Philippines ) organised and paid for BEFORE you leave home. It would be a bit embarrassing to be denied boarding for the sake of this little detail. Best of luck.
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted
I guess you're going with these airlines because that is the cheapest way you have found to reach Cebu from where you are. Fair enough, but just be sure to get the onward ticket ( to depart the Philippines ) organised and paid for BEFORE you leave home. It would be a bit embarrassing to be denied boarding for the sake of this little detail. Best of luck.
yeah I have to really save my pennies on this trip starting from the airport as I want to stay there long term and I only have limited savings and income but I hope the income will pick up in the future as I get time to work on my online business once I get there and relax.I think airlines tickets are quite an expensive thing anyway so if I can cut the cost down as much as possible then it's OK for me. Yes I could have found more direct routes, maybe I should have but it's too late now and at least I can see a bit of Singapore plus there is no overnight stay in Manila which also wastes more time and costs more money. I'm quite happy with this flight although I will have to review that statement in a few weeks ;)Now I have thought about the throw away ticket and it makes sense to not worry about it being within the 21 days as I have had return tickets before that were for up to a year so it's the same thing really! So I will order one those ones for about 1000 pesos later this evening that were mentioned for May....

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Adventurer,Yeah! We're all cheering for you and excited to hear the outcome of your first meeting with your girlfriend! Have a safe and enjoyable trip! :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Now I have thought about the throw away ticket and it makes sense to not worry about it being within the 21 days as I have had return tickets before that were for up to a year so it's the same thing really! So I will order one those ones for about 1000 pesos later this evening that were mentioned for May....
Hooray;now we can all relax :lol:Can I ask what the flight actually cost you to get to Cebu?
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
it makes sense to not worry about it being within the 21 days as I have had return tickets before that were for up to a year so it's the same thing really!
Here is the conversation I had. Plane gets in at 2:30 am. Immigration official is grumpy.He: You have your return ticket sir?Me: Yes (show it)He: Your ticket is for 58 days from now sir.Me: Yes, I will get an extension after the 21 days.He: And what will happen if you are denied that extension sir?Me: I have been coming here for years and that has never happened.He: I will allow it this time sir, but next time, you need you ticket to be before the expiry date for your visa, sir.I thanked him and next time I made sure it was within the 21 days. I still think it was because he was grumpy and it was the middle of the night because I have entered plenty of times and only had this conversation once. But then, you said your flight arrives in Cebu in the middle of the night? That is the station and the shift of this guy. Edited by Dave Hounddriver