S&r Store Here In Cebu

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I did a search for S&R and came up empty so I thought I would become the "mystery shopper" here and go today to see what it is all about ...... when we get back I'll do a report for the good members here and tell you what I find ...... I have read a great deal about S&R on another board so my curiosity was pricked to find out for myself ...... checked their website on-line but lacks a lot ......... so we're off on another great adventure ..... hold your breath ..... I'll be back ...... :hystery: :541: ....... well maybe don't hold it that long ...... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I did a search for S&R and came up empty so I thought I would become the "mystery shopper" here and go today to see what it is all about ...... when we get back I'll do a report for the good members here and tell you what I find ...... I have read a great deal about S&R on another board so my curiosity was pricked to find out for myself ...... checked their website on-line but lacks a lot ......... so we're off on another great adventure ..... hold your breath ..... I'll be back ...... :hystery: :541: ....... well maybe don't hold it that long ...... :thumbsup:
Get the corn flakes while on special :)
  • Like 1

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

If you like Pizza, go hungry so you can fill up on some excellent pizza options they have in their little calendaria. We are members, costs 700 php per year( in 2010 anyhow) Great options for meats and liquor and the odd special shipment items. We also found some Kirkland brands (US Costco) and Sam's Club brands sprinkled randomly around the place.... have not been there in awhile due to travels so looking forward to a fresh review. :thumbsup:

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I did a search for S&R and came up empty so I thought I would become the "mystery shopper" here and go today to see what it is all about ...... when we get back I'll do a report for the good members here and tell you what I find ...... I have read a great deal about S&R on another board so my curiosity was pricked to find out for myself ...... checked their website on-line but lacks a lot ......... so we're off on another great adventure ..... hold your breath ..... I'll be back ...... :hystery: :hystery: ....... well maybe don't hold it that long ...... :attention:
Get the corn flakes while on special :)
Now that was just a CHEAP SHOT! :nudie: Becides, I am a sugar junkie so get me the frosted flakes! GRRRRREAT! SUGAR! It is not just for breakfast any more! SUGAR the OTHER white meat....... :hystery: Do you know what tastes great on sugar????? MORE SUGAR! I was a lucky kid of the 50's in that there were no evil studies saying SUGAR was bad for you or caused hyper kids.... Ah.... the good old days...... Sugar is our friend.....
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Nothing much for the people of OZ! What that is terrible As compared to Rice... I can't live with out rice.... is their anyone saying Vegimite! I can't live without vegimite? (or is it marmite??? I can't keep those 2 straight....)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Friends ..... Cebuanos and countrymen lend me your ears .... ( or in this case eyes) ..
Good post and info there Mike.The US brands you listed,would they be considered good brands in the US?
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Its a great review. :AddEmoticons04230:I have rebelled against shopping there as I know myself well enough that I would only get there once a year or so, but with the list of what is available it makes it easier for me to ask a friend to pick up 'whatever' for me when they are in the neighborhood. I wondered, after reading your review, if there was a web site for this store and I found it here.Its a darn shame they don't have prices on their web site. It would make it so much easier to decide if I wanted a friend to pick up some Cheerios (for example). Hard to say if I want them without knowing the grams and pesos.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Friends ..... Cebuanos and countrymen lend me your ears .... ( or in this case eyes) ..
Good post and info there Mike.The US brands you listed,would they be considered good brands in the US?
Tom ... I would say so off hand but as some have already noted it depends on the model ...... many name brands here also make a model for the Asia countries and especially the Phils ..... the specs on these items are not as good as the ones sold ...... say back in the US ...... that is why if you try to locate a certain model number and do a Google search for it it will not show up .... or if it does it will say it is produced for the Philippines only ...... some of this is due to the voltage difference 110v vs 220v but sometimes there are other differences ..... I have found that some brands here like 3D and LG are pretty decent but then I'm not a dye in the wool USA appliance fan ...... our ref. is a Cordova ..... Philippine made ..... it had the best warranty of any ref we looked at with a 2 year guarantee on everything except the plastic parts ..... I added an additional 1 year warranty ...... it runs very quite ... uses less electricity and is a lot easier to defrost (15mins) than our old Sanyo ref of the same size ...... the new one is 2 door instead of one ..... just my thoughts ...... sorry .... tried not to go to far off topic ...... so I'll quit here ..... :dance: :thumbsup: :hystery:

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the great post, but one correction. Boca makes veggie meatless hamburger patties, not beef. And the ones that they sell are the original vegan, and imho, taste like old cardboard. I have asked my favorite supervisor there to get the better tasting ones. We will see.We shop there about once a month, buying the things we can't find anywhere else, such as Kirkland (Costco) toilet paper. Last time we bought the Kirkland First Cold Pressed extra Virgin Olive Oil for P700 pesos, on sale from P1000 plus. In Costco, this is two bottles for $20. Here one bottle for $20. We bought three. We like some of their veggies, and for sure it is the only place we have seen ice cream. RP ice cream's first ingrediant is water or oil, not cream. Most everything else we find at Ayala Metro.

• Like 1