S&r Store Here In Cebu

Jake
Posted
Posted
What I miss is, are those Marie Calender chicken pot pies and hot pockets!
Yea I hear ya ..... when I was in the states about a year before I left I almost lived on Marie Calender frozen dinners ...... as I worked the night shift I would take one every night and pop it into the micro-wave oven ..... of all the frozen dinners I have ever eaten those were the best ..... not the cheapest but the best with a staggering variety of different meals ...... I have even seen a few here in SM Cebu ..... but they don't look so hot (I know they are frozen) as the carton looked like a steam roller ran over it ..... still I may just have to break down and try one ..... just for old times sake ..... :dance:
Boy, I just love to twist your words Marine (probably cause I'm a navy puke).....so during your mid-rats (midnight rations)you ate the hot pockets of Marie?? And just for old times sake, USMC and USN should swap some spit some day....he, he.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
retired
Posted
Posted

Thanks a boat load guys for all the info about S & R . One of the disadvantages of living in smaller cities is a lack of imported goods . On that note has anyone ever seen corn meal mix from the US or elsewhere ? Also have heard about "fresh" homogenised , pasteurised milk being available . If so does anyone have any experience with the milk as far as it's price and quality ?I know of at least 2 old goats down here in nether land that might want to arrange some sort of buy and ship arrangement or if not possible a grocery run to Cebu could be in order . :-) Though am wondering about the logistics of acquiring a membership card and if that would require an extended stay ? Any additional pointers and info welcome guys .Thanks Again

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Great review. It is good to see that a some of the tastes from home will be available. I did some grocery shopping at Robinson's on my last visit and was not impressed with the choices. But I am used to the grocery stores in Texas! (and my stomach is as big as the grocery stores in Texas)Now we just need to analyze they items you priced/not priced and see what deep dark secrets of your psyche we can make fun of... :angry:

• Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

The S&R card is issued while you wait. We have found that Metro Ayala has most everything you could want, at one time or another. I have a bit of trouble finding vegetarian items, but everything else is there, including masa harina. If you haven't tried them you should. S&R has some things that I have not found anywhere else, such as decent toilet paper, unflavored corn chips, and some soft drinks.

United Army
Posted
Posted

I went to S&R yesterday, they have a sale for 4 or 5 days. Got there at 11:30 am, the parking lot was full of cars, plus cars parked out on the street. Went in side and walked right out and went to SM. Way to many shoppers, the check out lines was at least 1 hr long before you could check out....maybe some other time..lol

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I went to S&R yesterday, they have a sale for 4 or 5 days. Got there at 11:30 am, the parking lot was full of cars, plus cars parked out on the street. Went in side and walked right out and went to SM. Way to many shoppers, the check out lines was at least 1 hr long before you could check out....maybe some other time..lol
Hmmm.... Are you saying that it's a popular place? :mocking:Definitely have to check it out once I'm there - and on a quiet day!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Hmmm.... Are you saying that it's a popular place? :mocking:Definitely have to check it out once I'm there - and on a quiet day!
NO bob, they have 2 or 3 annual sales that are deeply discounted, the lines/crowds are HUGE. if your able, why not check out the web site. that can help/assist you, So when you do come,BOY OH BOY :nudie: will you be happy that you have found such a great store
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
NO bob, they have 2 or 3 annual sales that are deeply discounted, the lines/crowds are HUGE. if your able, why not check out the web site. that can help/assist you, So when you do come,BOY OH BOY :nudie: will you be happy that you have found such a great store
Didnt' I just say that? Hehe! No worries! Sometimes I confuse myself with my strange sense of humour! And, yes! I do want to check it out! Even just seeing your post makes me want to give it a try! Just as long as they don't have that dancin' guy at the front door!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
just as long as they don't have that dancin' guy at the front door!
HeyAt this stage they have not asked me to work there, OK :tiphat:
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
sqylogin
Posted
Posted

Just a caveat: S&R is not necessary cheaper if you do ALL your shopping there. Sure, there may be some discounted items, but the price for others are more expensive. But hey, since you're there...

Finally, be sure to watch the cashier with an eagle eye when checking out your items. Last time we went there, they charged TWO items twice - in a single invoice! Computer error, my foot.

• Like 2