S&r Store Here In Cebu

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Sure, there may be some discounted items, but the price for others are more expensive. But hey, since you're there... Finally, be sure to watch the cashier with an eagle eye when checking out your items. Last time we went there, they charged TWO items twice - in a single invoice! Computer error, my foot.

Yes I agree SQYLOGIN that some of their prices are higher than elsewhere but the "FRESHNESS" of the product is usually much better than at the WALMART of the philippines(SM)

regarding double charge. thats 1 reason they THOUGHLY inspect the store receipt when you leave the store.

(make sure you use a US credit card so if you have a $$ issue, they can assist you in your dispute)

remember these checkers are NOT like the ones at home. nor are they genuises

so we.the customer must be aware of "ERRORS" that can occur.

note I was an old PRICESMART member from 2002. when the "s&r" took over i allow my membership to lapse.

as the customer service level dropped(even tho some of the workers was the same ) no longer worth the hassle

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You have to make up your mind before you go as to just what you are going to buy .... we make a list and stick to it like glue ...... we don't go up and down the isles but rather go right to the spot we want to to get certain items ....... that's why I hate it when the deliberately change things around so you have to hunt up what you want ..... that is an old marketing ploy that has been used for ages ..... just like SM's use of the escalators ..... you will notice that in Ayala that you just go form one to the other to go up or down where as in SM you have to wander through the clothes sections etc. to get to the next one going up and you will notice they have plenty of assistance's along your way to point out the goodies ...... I used to live next door to a supermarket marketing director and she told me lots and lots of marketing ploys that are used ...... it is actually quite a science to get people to buy what they don't want ..... :hystery: :hystery: .......... :cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hehe! Mike, you wouldn't believe some of the things I have learned over the years! I have been having fun in Retail Management on and off for the last 17 years and some of the things I have seen... It will be fun for me to check out the ploys used in the Philippines!

:mocking:

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Hehe! Mike, you wouldn't believe some of the things I have learned over the years! I have been having fun in Retail Management on and off for the last 17 years and some of the things I have seen... It will be fun for me to check out the ploys used in the Philippines!

:mocking:

Hey Bob...Feel free to tell us a few of them.

Jake
Posted
Posted

You have to make up your mind before you go as to just what you are going to buy .... we make a list and stick to it like glue ...... we don't go up and down the isles but rather go right to the spot we want to to get certain items ....... that's why I hate it when the deliberately change things around so you have to hunt up what you want ..... that is an old marketing ploy that has been used for ages ..... just like SM's use of the escalators ..... you will notice that in Ayala that you just go form one to the other to go up or down where as in SM you have to wander through the clothes sections etc. to get to the next one going up and you will notice they have plenty of assistance's along your way to point out the goodies ...... I used to live next door to a supermarket marketing director and she told me lots and lots of marketing ploys that are used ...... it is actually quite a science to get people to buy what they don't want ..... :hystery: :hystery: .......... :cheersty:

......as in SM you have to wander through the clothes sections.....

A marketing ploy? Hell, I've been trained like a dog in heat. For some reason, no matter which floor I'm in

or which section, I somehow run into the clothing section. I have already put in an official request to Sears

about relocating their lingerie section right next to the tool sections, preferably next to the DieHard batteries.

No response so far........

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It will be fun for me to check out the ploys used in the Philippines!

It is only just catching on that you can give away something for free and make money doing so. That ploy has been in the west for decades. It still shocks me when I go to a resort and ask them if I can look around before I decide to stay and they say: Yes but we will have to charge you a 20 peso 'entrance fee'

• Like 1