Underage Girls

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I just got an email from a younger non Filipino male (over 18 but under 30), and I will leave it at that, who wants to know if it is illegal in the Philippines to have sex with a girl 16.I seem to remember something like this on another forum but I would have to look up the laws and I am going to do some research, but maybe one of you already knows the answer? Help me out here guys because this is way out of my field of expertise and I am going to bed now and too tired to look any of this stuff up anyway. I think it is all going to depend on if he has the parents permission, but my advice would be run man run. Why, when there are so many legal ladies would anyone want to do that, was my answer to him and I told him to read here for more answers. 23_9_11[1].gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)

From reading other topics on this subject I believe the age of consent in the Philippines is 18. Even if the parents say it is ok they can change their minds later and he will be the one in trouble, because they really can't give you permission to do something illegal. Stay away from jailbait you really don't want to deal with the problems if that goes wrong. The best thing that will happen is it will cost you a whole s@it pot full of money. There are plenty of girls of legal age available. If your heart is set on that one then at least wait till she is old enough.

Edited by tom_shor

til
Posted
Posted

And even the 18 year olds look so young here (eh.. there). I mean if you were into jailbait the Phillipines is certainly a good country to visit, because you will find jailbait looking girls of legal age. My gf got estimated to be 16 years old the second time when I last visited her (she'll be 21 in June). She says its because she's still a virgin, which makes her skin somehow "tighter" and looking young. I say it's because she still wants to be chaperoned, while she's really too old for that :rolleyes:

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)
I just got an email from a younger non Filipino male (over 18 but under 30), and I will leave it at that, who wants to know if it is illegal in the Philippines to have sex with a girl 16.I seem to remember something like this on another forum but I would have to look up the laws and I am going to do some research, but maybe one of you already knows the answer? Help me out here guys because this is way out of my field of expertise and I am going to bed now and too tired to look any of this stuff up anyway. I think it is all going to depend on if he has the parents permission, but my advice would be run man run. Why, when there are so many legal ladies would anyone want to do that, was my answer to him and I told him to read here for more answers. 23_9_11[1].gif
The age of consent is 18 in the Philippines and sex with an underaged girl is a criminal offence. Indeed it could even be a criminal offence if he is alone with her any place.In the other forum, a fellow member posted this extract of Republic Act 7610:"Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in (**) ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty."** a typo for "is", I believe."prison mayor in its maximum period" means 12 years in jail.There are other Statutes under which he could be charged - if the girl concerned, her parents or anyone who knows her feels she has been "mistreated" - the most obvious of which is the [Anti-]Violence against Women and their Children Act. The Child Trafficking laws could also be considered by a prosecutor.Under 18 year-olds are known as "jail bait" for a very good reason!Mark Edited by Markham

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

I told Lee he should not even answer emails like that. Lee gets so many emails from people who want answers and I would prefer those people ask those questions themselves on the forum. People like that are pedophiles and need help.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

He may not actually be a pedophile the age of consent is lower than 16 in many places in the world. Maybe he just didn't know. (Girls that age can certainly be charmers.) Now however he does know and I hope he will adjust his target age a little higher. Or wait for her to get older.

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
He may not actually be a pedophile the age of consent is lower than 16 in many places in the world. Maybe he just didn't know. (Girls that age can certainly be charmers.) Now however he does know and I hope he will adjust his target age a little higher. Or wait for her to get older.
I am sorry but guys interested in 16 year old girls have to have a screw loose in their head and in mind that makes them pedophiles but if he is 18 then I can understand and rescind my words.

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am not a lawyer and I don't guarantee the accuracy of this information:http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htmWorldwide ages of consentCountry Male-Female Sex Male-Male Sex Female-Female SexPhilippines 12/18 12/18 12/18FootnotesThe age of sexual consent in the Philippines is 12 for all, but contacts with minors (under 18) are an offence if the minor consents to the act for money, gain or any other remuneration or as the result of an influence of any adult person.----------------So I think maybe you can have sex with a 16 year old if the girl initiates the sex and if the adult is in a coma so he doesn't influence her. Also remember, the foreigner's home country can reach out and apply its laws to its citizens anywhere in the world. What might appear to be technically legal here may get you into trouble in your home country.

Edited by M.Morey

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I told Lee he should not even answer emails like that. Lee gets so many emails from people who want answers and I would prefer those people ask those questions themselves on the forum. People like that are pedophiles and need help.
OK, I agree with my wife and I am more than willing to answer all emails for any questions from people who are expats or wish to be expats or just visit want to visit the Philippines, but I have to ask sexpats to please not email me or pm me with questions related to sexual issues, or do not be surprised if I do not answer you. Edited by Mr. Lee

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree with you 100%! :rolleyes:

I am sorry but guys interested in 16 year old girls have to have a screw loose in their head and in mind that makes them pedophiles but if he is 18 then I can understand and rescind my words.