Underage Girls

Markham
Posted
Posted
A low age of consent is mainly meant to decriminalize teenage love I guess, not to enable dirty old men to legally get as young a woman as possible. I should believe that a lot of young woman or girls are not interested in old men anyway.
Yup, I agree!Mark

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am not a troll and I resent being called that. People in Africa cannot be compared to people who live in or are from Civilized countries. I am sorry to hear that the UK allows 16 year olds to have sex or get married, I am fast learning to disrespect people from their after meeting some here and back home. I hate to tell them this but they are no better and now after reading the above post, I think they are probably not as good as people from the US. Sex with a 16 year old is wrong unless you are 17. I think those of you who seem to be defending sex with a minor must be perverts because there can be no other reason.I am beginning to think that a lot of the men from other countries who live in the Philippines are perverts. I appologize up front to those of you who are not in that catagory.
Well I never defended sex with a minor nut the defination of a minor is a legal statute and varys with location. In some states in the US the age of consent is lower than 16. I did a quick check for you the age of consent is below 18 in 38 of the 50 states. The age it is legal for a girl to have sex with someone their own age is as low as 12. People in Africa cannot be compared to people who live in or are from Civilized countriesYou know that very reasoning was used for over 300 years as a justification why it was ok to make them slaves. Are you proposing we revive that institution? Edited by tom_shor

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)
... the USA as a morally very uptight country ...
That may have been true in the 1950's but since then the US has become ever more permissive especially in the cities.Just because a girl is 18+ doesn't mean it is safe to have sex. A girl of any age can file a rape case against you. Ask Cpl. Smith. Edited by M.Morey

Travis
Posted
Posted

Alright you all win, guys can have sex with 16 year old babies if that is what they want to do but I will stick with women.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A true pedophile? look at the ages of the victimsAn Australian who had sex with teenage boys in Bali says he's happy with his eight-year jail term because he'd feared the death penalty.Philip Robert Grandfield, 62, had sexual contact with five boys, aged 16 and 17, over a six-month period last year, while he was living in Buleleng, north Bali.He was convicted in an Indonesian court on Thursday under the country's child protection laws.A smiling Grandfield later told journalists his jail term had come as a relief."I am very happy," he said in mixed English and Indonesian."I was expecting that this is Indonesia, I thought I might be executed to death, because of the Indonesian press (coverage of the case)."Despite this, Grandfield told the Singaraja District Court he would appeal against his sentence.During his trial, the retired accountant said the boys had voluntarily engaged in sexual contact with him.He claimed he had relationships with the boys and did not realise they were underage.But the court's chief judge Srida Aryani dismissed the claims.She said Grandfield had been "proven officially and convincingly guilty of committing a crime to deliberately persuade children to participate in lewd conduct, and to engage in nudity with other people of the same sex who are not adults".Describing Grandfield's actions as immoral, she said the Australian had destroyed his victims' future and created unease in the community.In sentencing him to eight years jail, and a fine of 60 million rupiah (A$7,750) or an additional three months behind bars, she took into account Grandfield's age, confession, expression of regret and promise not to reoffend.Appearing healthy and in good spirits, Grandfield seemed to have recovered from a hunger strike that forced the cancellation of the verdict hearing earlier this week.His lawyer said the Australian had been on a week-long hunger strike at Singaraja Prison, where he has been held since his arrest last August.Prosecutors, who wanted Grandfield jailed for 12 years, said they would consider an appeal.Grandfield had been living in a villa in Buleleng, Singaraja, a remote and poor part of Bali, some three-and-a-half hours by road from the capital Denpasar.He is one of several Australians arrested in Indonesia in recent years for paedophilia.Child protection agencies report that a growing number of paedophiles from Australia, Europe and the US are travelling to Bali to abuse children.They gain the trust of impoverished families with gifts of money, food and toys, and sponsorship of education.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
A true pedophile? look at the ages of the victimsAn Australian who had sex with teenage boys in Bali says he's happy with his eight-year jail term because he'd feared the death penalty.Philip Robert Grandfield, 62, had sexual contact with five boys, aged 16 and 17, over a six-month period last year, while he was living in Buleleng, north Bali.He was convicted in an Indonesian court on Thursday under the country's child protection laws.A smiling Grandfield later told journalists his jail term had come as a relief."I am very happy," he said in mixed English and Indonesian."I was expecting that this is Indonesia, I thought I might be executed to death, because of the Indonesian press (coverage of the case)."
I am not sure what makes this guy a pedophile and the guys who do it to girls in the Philippines 16 or 17 not pedophiles. I think what is important is, that girls below the age of 18 often, but not always, are immature and really do not know what they want and can often be easily lead by a smooth talking older more experienced man, and that is why I think the girls need to be at least over 18 and 20 would be more like it for men 20 plus years their senior IMO.....but if you are talking about someone closer to their age, then that might be more palatable in my book.

til
Posted
Posted

It's been said before: a pedophile is someone with a sexual preference for prepubescent kids.The term is beeing misused a lot. The correct term for people wih a preference for young sexually mature adults would be neoterophile. This is much more a legal problem than a psychological one, since the preference is for a biologically adult person. I'm not saying this is ok at all. But I see a big difference if someone is into sex with 16 year olds compared to someone who prefares maybe 5 year olds and think you shouldn't mix that up. Apart from that, having sex with 16 Year olds in a country where that is illegal is just plain stupid. You'd be wiser to chose a young looking person of legal age. I mean whats the big difference between a 16 year old and an 18 year old anyway? Is it just the thrill of doing domething illegal?