Who Can Show Me Around The Mactan Island ?

newexpat
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,I will be in Mactan between March 15- 18 and would like to meet an English speaking resident of the Mactan to show me around and tell me where the good spots are for rentals , which places to avoid , good swimming spots, grocery shopping etc.I will be moving to Mactan in May so i want to look for an area where to live. Thanks for reading this.

Edited by newexpat

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Hello, I will be in Mactan between March 15- 18 and would like to meet an English speaking resident of the Mactan to show me around and tell me where the good spots are for rentals , which places to avoid , good swimming spots, grocery shopping etc. I will be moving to Mactan in May so i want to look for an area where to live. Thanks for reading this.
I will not be in Mactan to help out but I know people there who might. Unfortunately they are not forum members (to my knowledge). I can tell you that I know of one apartment compond where a lot of foregners live. The price was around 10K a month last I checked and the advantage is having a lot of neighbors who can help with info.The problem is, I do not know of any apartment or other rental that will show you around in March and hold that vacancy until May (unless you mean to start paying rent immediately even though you arem's going to be there?). It makes no sense, (to me), to look in March. If you were planning to move in right away I could ask a buddy to show you the place I mean but he would feel a bit 'used' if you were just looking around out of curiosity with no intent to move in if there is a vacancy. So keep it in mind when you are ready to actually move. Have you definitely decided on Mactan?As for places to avoid, I tend to avoid Mactan :hystery:

newexpat
Posted
Posted
Hello, I will be in Mactan between March 15- 18 and would like to meet an English speaking resident of the Mactan to show me around and tell me where the good spots are for rentals , which places to avoid , good swimming spots, grocery shopping etc. I will be moving to Mactan in May so i want to look for an area where to live. Thanks for reading this.
I will not be in Mactan to help out but I know people there who might. Unfortunately they are not forum members (to my knowledge). I can tell you that I know of one apartment compond where a lot of foregners live. The price was around 10K a month last I checked and the advantage is having a lot of neighbors who can help with info.The problem is, I do not know of any apartment or other rental that will show you around in March and hold that vacancy until May (unless you mean to start paying rent immediately even though you arem's going to be there?). It makes no sense, (to me), to look in March. If you were planning to move in right away I could ask a buddy to show you the place I mean but he would feel a bit 'used' if you were just looking around out of curiosity with no intent to move in if there is a vacancy. So keep it in mind when you are ready to actually move. Have you definitely decided on Mactan?As for places to avoid, I tend to avoid Mactan :lol:
I will not be paying rent right away but can get a contact for owners and give reservation deposit . Just to make clear, i am not looking for a real estate agent. I have found plenty of them on SULIT and Cebu classified, I already have a map of Mactan with places of interest and just need someone with good knowledge of Mactan to tell me what are the bad areas etc.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I will not be paying rent right away but can get a contact for owners and give reservation deposit . Just to make clear, i am not looking for a real estate agent. I have found plenty of them on SULIT and Cebu classified, I already have a map of Mactan with places of interest and just need someone with good knowledge of Mactan to tell me what are the bad areas etc.
I don't think I would be giving a deposit for something a few months in advance and I doubt if anyone would hold anything for you. Best to look around, get an idea then stay in a hotel a week or two when you move permanently and look again as something better may have come up.My opinion only :lol:
  • Like 3

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I'm with Dave in saying "As for places to avoid, I tend to avoid Mactan" but although don't live there I know Mactan fairly well.I could sit you on the back of my bike and drive you around the place for a fee!

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted
As for places to avoid, I tend to avoid Mactan
I agree, get off the island as quickly as possible and see the real Philippines...
  • Like 1

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I like Mactan, but then I met my wife there, so I am probably biased. That said, battling the bridges off during rush hours is a pain, and if you don't drive, the taxi bill climbs quickly if you want to go to any of the larger malls, though there are smaller malls on Mactan itself. A couple of nice guitar factories there too. I would rent a hotel room by the month, which can often get you a pretty good discount. Then spend a couple of months looking around, finding areas you enjoy, getting a feel for access in and out of your area. Make some acquaintances and you may find just what you want without having to make a quick commitment on your initial trip.

• Like 1

newexpat
Posted
Posted
I'm with Dave in saying "As for places to avoid, I tend to avoid Mactan" but although don't live there I know Mactan fairly well.I could sit you on the back of my bike and drive you around the place for a fee!
What is the fee and what is the bike ? I am about 190 lbs so it better be something more than 125cc . haha

newexpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
I like Mactan, but then I met my wife there, so I am probably biased. That said, battling the bridges off during rush hours is a pain, and if you don't drive, the taxi bill climbs quickly if you want to go to any of the larger malls, though there are smaller malls on Mactan itself. A couple of nice guitar factories there too.I would rent a hotel room by the month, which can often get you a pretty good discount. Then spend a couple of months looking around, finding areas you enjoy, getting a feel for access in and out of your area. Make some acquaintances and you may find just what you want without having to make a quick commitment on your initial trip.
You are right , of course but i have done really good research , i just want to meet some local who will tell me where the really sh&tty parts are so i can stay away and not even bother to look there. I have already found couple of short term rentals on line, one close to Big foot studio and second one in Corinthians homes close to Gaisano Grand.If your wife has some nice slim,smart sister, i am interested ... :36_1_68[1]: Edited by newexpat

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

Hi mate,I would charge 1000p an hour to show you around which would include the bike, all gas and the benefit of my advice after my many years of life in Cebu.I promise you also that you will not need anything bigger than a 125cc to ride around Mactan in comfort.If interested or would like to discuss further, please email me at Denial of service@gmail.comPaul