Who Can Show Me Around The Mactan Island ?

newexpat
Posted
Posted
No, please don't reconsider, go with your car at 1,000 for the day and get some free info off someone else, leave Paul and his knowledge to some one willing to pay for good value. As far as I'm concerned I'm more than happy to pay for good info.PS I wonder how much you would charge to a stranger wanting the same service in your area?
I would gladly give my best advice for free if i like the guy.
And provide free transport and fuel?
Of course.
Next time I'm in Subic I'll keep you to that. Thanks a lot :thumbsup: :dance:
Hope you make it before i'll move to Mactan in May. :mocking: .

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

i rented a car at the Cebu airport about 2 months ago.. they wanted a copy of my passport and 2 picture id's.. i used my US drivers license and of all things my diving cert card ..the one they kept at the rental.. my diving cert lol.. the cost was right around 7k pesos for two days self driven , i cant remember what the add on to my insurance was but it wasnt cheap . As far as finding the worst parts of Mactan just ask any local and they'll tell you "over there very dangerous" now go "over there" and ask the same question. They'll point back where you started and tell you that "over there most dangerous" lol

• Like 5

bungoton
Posted
Posted

I have a Philippines driver's license which I got using my Canadian license. It took about half a day to take the drug test and fill out the forms. I live on Mactan Island and find it more enjoyable than Cebu City. It does need some better shopping but I can get almost everything I need locally. There are lots of new places to rent starting at P 6000 per month for a 2 bedroom town house. I would be happy to show someone around for P 1000 per hour or a lot less in my air conditioned Toyota Innova. My wife I'm sure could help out since she lived on the island most of her life.

• Like 2

chimellie
Posted
Posted

I think it's a really good deal, you get a tour guide including transportation . Even for half a day it only costs you about 100 USD and you don't have to worry about driving, getting lost, robbed....etc.....

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Chi ...... great to see ya posting here again ..... we kinda lost track of each other ...... :mocking:

• Like 2

chimellie
Posted
Posted
Hey Chi ...... great to see ya posting here again ..... we kinda lost track of each other ...... :thumbsup:
Hi Mike..long time man.....The Captian says hi. 3 or 4 more years I will be there Mike.

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted

Well I wont comment on specific pricing as I think it is up to each person to set what they think is a good price for their services. I will say thatI have seen many, MANY guys go out of their way to save 500 PHP which eventually ended up costing them thousands of PHP. paying someoneon the ground for sound advice not only saves you alot of time and hassle but is almost guaranteed you will get a few nuggets of info that yousimply are not able to get anywhere else. Looking back on my travels to PI if I would of spent a couple thousand php and a half day with a veteranexpat it would have saved me thousands over the last 6 years. the best values I have found on food, beer, hotels, etc etc are always in placesthat cannot be found online or by simple wandering around. just my 2 cents....

billten
Posted
Posted
Well I wont comment on specific pricing as I think it is up to each person to set what they think is a good price for their services. I will say thatI have seen many, MANY guys go out of their way to save 500 PHP which eventually ended up costing them thousands of PHP. paying someoneon the ground for sound advice not only saves you alot of time and hassle but is almost guaranteed you will get a few nuggets of info that yousimply are not able to get anywhere else. Looking back on my travels to PI if I would of spent a couple thousand php and a half day with a veteranexpat it would have saved me thousands over the last 6 years. the best values I have found on food, beer, hotels, etc etc are always in placesthat cannot be found online or by simple wandering around. just my 2 cents....
I agree, but when i first arrived i wasn't in any mind to listen to anyone's advice. I just wanted to make my own (expensive) mistakes and discover life for a change.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I agree, but when i first arrived i wasn't in any mind to listen to anyone's advice. I just wanted to make my own (expensive) mistakes and discover life for a change.
I hear that. Unfortunately I listened to the advice of people who said: Don't listen to them negative people, you can make a fortune here with the right investments.
  • Like 1

wingmanPI
Posted
Posted
I hear that. Unfortunately I listened to the advice of people who said: Don't listen to them negative people, you can make a fortune here with the right investments.
wow u picked the wrong people to listen to for sure! LOL