Is It Really More Fun In The Philippines?

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Phuket is well above Cebu in my opinion. Don't forget they had a massive "clean out" a few years ago. A lot more expensive than Cebu though.

Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Phuket is well above Cebu in my opinion. Don't forget they had a massive "clean out" a few years ago. A lot more expensive than Cebu though.
Phuket has been trying to appear cleaner for years though they were never able to manage up to my last visit. A friend who retired not far from Kamala Beach had been talking about how it sounds a lot like here... One example he gave was when he was watching the garbage being dumped from a boat near the reef the day before a planned clean-up by divers. It was a police boat doing the dumping and local officials were on hand for the photos and TV cameras the next day as all this amazing garbage was brought up.

Curley
Posted
Posted

I meant the terrible tsunami that hit in 2004 http://phukettsunami.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah! Your original post went right over my head! Must have been ducking at the time... :mocking:I do agree that Phuket is trying to clean up their city (for good reason) and they are quite adept at using the press to show how "great" they are doing... They just seem to be operating the same (and with our same complaints) as if they were a city located in the Philippines. This is why I say I don't see any difference between the two. And for the the strange fact that I can understand the Filipino mentality better than I understand the Thai mentality (for government matters), I simply prefer Cebu over Phuket. As for me? I'm just mental... :attention:

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
That's nice to hear about Phuket, Thailand, but we live in the Philippines and this forum is about the Philippines! I've lived in Thailand in 1973 for 2 years stationed at UTapao Air Base before all the U.S. bases closed down for good in 1975! I too liked it there and hoped to retire in Thailand, but that wasn't meant to be when I got married to a Filipina in 1988 and retired in the Philippines since 1998! Que sera sera! And it's still fun and affordable in the Philippines no matter what anyone says!
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Que sera sera! And it's still fun and affordable in the Philippines no matter what anyone says!
Well said Art! Your bottom line is the bottom line for me!
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

My intention was to retire to Thailand, it was always a toss up between Thailand, Bali and the Philippines. Thailand was in the lead till I met a certain young Fillipina. Davao/Samal here I come.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

hmmm... Am I denoting a common thread here? Seems we all have the same final draw to the Philippines!

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
hmmm... Am I denoting a common thread here? Seems we all have the same final draw to the Philippines!
Once anyone discovers their niche in any part of the Philippines with the love of their life and is happy and content, what is there left, but to kickback and enjoy, hoping one has the adequate source of income and not bothered too much by the extended family! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know but I have to say when me and my girlfriend browsed the mall we both commented that how many foreigners were there. I'm not joking, there must have been nearly as many foreigners as locals, I was here about 6 months ago and there was no where near as many. I also noticed a lot of foreigner women too now which is interesting.As for it being more fun, well I have to say I was so happy to be back and see the smiling faces, the friendly people. I was so glad to get away from the boring and sterile Australia although it does have some good points too but at the moment the Philippines offers a lot more for me.

Edited by Adventurer