30 Day Visa Back On The Books

Curley
Posted
Posted
Ok, I'm still intrigued by the toilet issue...but has anyone been able to find anything definitive on the 6 month free visa?I've been looking but can't find anything at all!
Well its stated on the government website but nothing seems to be updated on any other government websites.That circular, both from the DFA and the Bureau of Immigration, has finally been sent to all offices around the world. So the standard visa-free for 166 countries is 30 days. We have also gotten the DFA to issue a circular that retirees, those who are speculating on retiring in the Philippines, automatically get 6 months visa visiting the Philippines.http://www.gov.ph/20...-march-29-2012/

Has anyone received a 30 day visa yet? I'm coming around 9th June and want to book my flights..... do I book 3 or 4 weeks?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Has anyone received a 30 day visa yet? I'm coming around 9th June and want to book my flights..... do I book 3 or 4 weeks?

I was just there, arrived 4/22 and got a visa stamp for 21 days.

Curley
Posted
Posted

I was just there, arrived 4/22 and got a visa stamp for 21 days.

Thanks very much, guess I'll just spend money in the Philippines for 3 weeks instead of 4.

• Like 1

Campero
Posted
Posted
They buy vacation properties and come every year

Yes, and this will never be an option to foreigners in the Philippines if you are talking land and house..................unfortunately.

Regards,

Campero

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Has anyone received a 30 day visa yet?

So I was in Bureau of Immigration, Mandaue today and I decided to ask the Information Officer: When I enter the country next time will I get 30 days visa-free like the news reports said or will I get 21 days:

His reply: You will have to ask at the airport when you arrive. We do not have any information about that.

• Like 1

Talisay
Posted
Posted

Yes we are also supposedly going to receive the same Senior Citizen discounts as the locals whether we be tourists or residents.

But i'm not holding my breath!

• 4 weeks later...
dalidali
Posted
Posted

I know this topic is a few weeks old but it sure would be great if anyone had any updates?..

Seems to me the 21 day visa on arrival is not up to par with other countries.

Good on the Phil government to make these changes.

dalidali

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So I was in Bureau of Immigration, Mandaue today and I decided to ask the Information Officer: When I enter the country next time will I get 30 days visa-free like the news reports said or will I get 21 days:

His reply: You will have to ask at the airport when you arrive. We do not have any information about that.

:unsure: There you have a Point Dave, the BOI Site say, that immigration officers on Entry have a discretion to enter you on a 59 day entry on occasions, has anyone I wonder, asked for and received this? It was my intention to ask this on arrival, showing my Marriage certificate to support my request as I am coming to see my Wife, What do you Think, Good idea or Not? Nothing Ventured nothing gained :)

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

I arrive in Manila on Sat evening, I made a mistake on my flight and booked 22 days instead of 21 (senility creeping in) lets see what happens, I may try for a 59 day visa and see what happens.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

:unsure: There you have a Point Dave, the BOI Site say, that immigration officers on Entry have a discretion to enter you on a 59 day entry on occasions, has anyone I wonder, asked for and received this? It was my intention to ask this on arrival, showing my Marriage certificate to support my request as I am coming to see my Wife, What do you Think, Good idea or Not? Nothing Ventured nothing gained :)

I think you might be mistaken, the discretion is whether to allow you to enter at all. You can not get a 59 day visa on arrival unless you already have one arranged and in your hand from your own country. The 21 days is a visa waiver and I guess not really a visa at all.

• Like 1