30 Day Visa Back On The Books

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted (edited)

If I was an airline, I would want to know as much about the person traveling on my airplanes.

It's optional though but I do it coz I want them to have a record of me incase they lose me with the luggage :nudie:

Asfar as the residency and visa requirements of the RP, in my opinion, it's completely disorganized and oriented toward ripping off the forefingers without worrying much about the interests of the country. No country in the world does it this way!

Edited by Dr. Cockroach

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't know for sure but I think the Philippines set it up this way for several reasons. In the past they have been ruled by the Spanish, the Americans, the Japanese, and so on. They are a proud country and want to be independent - in other words not under the control of any other country. To ensure that they remained in control, they had to control who was in the country. As this is not cheap to do and this was not a rich country, a shorter Visa period and then a required payment would cover these costs. As time has gone by, things have changed and the country has realized that the present format is not good for the country. This is why talks are underway to change the costs and time allowed per Visa. OF course this is only my thoughts on the hows and whys...

:mocking:

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Proud country, is fine...

Independent country, by all means...

Full control, is also fine...

But one has to be practical?

If I was incharge of a poor country, I would want is to bring these 'outsiders' in, first. If they come in, they'd surely spend more than the cost of their visa, which is now $2 USD/day?

This is assuming this cost would go towards controlling the likes of Bob, to begin with!

Or should I make it harder and just give these people a reason not to come in?

Take this website for example. If JGF doesn't care much about it and makes navigation/posting/info etc difficult, how many people do you think it would draw? Not many.

But then, the more people are drawn to it, the more ads the website can generate and the more money? -- this is just an example coz it relates to the subject at hand.

But then, who said the objective is to bring anybody in? :unsure: