30 Day Visa Back On The Books

MikeB
Posted
Posted
What do you Think, Good idea or Not? Nothing Ventured nothing gained

I don't think you'll get it but no harm to ask.

• Like 1

adventureguy
Posted
Posted
I think you might be mistaken, the discretion is whether to allow you to enter at all. You can not get a 59 day visa on arrival unless you already have one arranged and in your hand from your own country. The 21 days is a visa waiver and I guess not really a visa at all.

It is my understanding from several guys that you CAN ask for and get your first visa extension to 59 days at the airport upon arrival. You will have to pay the normal fees of course. This is a convenience for someone going into the province for a while and not near the BI.
  • Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted

Well, I landed and was allowed in on a 21 day visa, they didn't check my onward ticket and I chickened out of asking for a 59 day visa.... "just let me in and I'll sort it later" seemed to be the sensible thing to do as I didn't have an onward ticket within the 21 days

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I asked a travel agent why some people get asked for an onward ticket and some do not. She said most of the time they take your passport number when you book an onward/exit ticket and it gets entered in the system. When they scan or enter your passport number at immigration it will come up. But not all airlines enter the info so in those cases they ask to see the ticket. It sounded plausible to me.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I asked a travel agent why some people get asked for an onward ticket and some do not. She said most of the time they take your passport number when you book an onward/exit ticket and it gets entered in the system. When they scan or enter your passport number at immigration it will come up. But not all airlines enter the info so in those cases they ask to see the ticket. It sounded plausible to me.

Dave! not only plausible but true, That's why why when you book on Line, you have to put your passport number on the booking Form. They know more about us then we know about ourselves, when we arrive at immigration, on our Arrival. Even at the gate when boarding the bar code on the Boarding Card has your Passport bar code on it, OH they know who you are alright! :) immigration at Manila or Cebu or any point of entry have full details of the return or onward Journey That bar code and chip, tells them all they need to know

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

i wonder why they said nothing to me.... my onward flight was for 22 days and no questions asked and i did not have the ticket on me

adventureguy
Posted
Posted

i wonder why they said nothing to me.... my onward flight was for 22 days and no questions asked and i did not have the ticket on me

It doesn't really matter when the onward flight is. There is no requirement to have an onward ticket within a 21 days time-frame.

Curley
Posted
Posted

It doesn't really matter when the onward flight is. There is no requirement to have an onward ticket within a 21 days time-frame.

Thanks, that clears that one up.

• 4 months later...
Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i have never been asked for my passport number, when booking a flight on line, i have been over with Delta, United, Japan Air, PAL i had Japan Air ask for my onward ticket , none of the others, also never been asked at BOI for onward ticket

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
i have never been asked for my passport number, when booking a flight on line, i have been over with Delta,

I am surprised to hear that. I googled the requirements of Delta (first on your list) to find out why I am always asked to insert my passport number when buying a ticket on line and you are not. It seems it is 'voluntary' to fill this out according to this site info:

What types of personally identifiable information are collected?

The types of information you provide to us voluntarily, both from your browser and from transactions with Delta and our SkyMiles Partners and Promotional Partners. Types include, but are not limited to:

Name, address and telephone numbers

Date of birth

Redress number

Known Traveler number

Email addresses

Cell phone, fax and pager numbers

SkyMiles account number and flight information

Credit/debit card number(s), associated billing address and expiration date(s)

Travel-related information such as travel company, emergency contact(s), seating preferences, medical needs and dietary requests

Passport number, nationality and country of residence

• Like 1