More On My Globe Adventure

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Figured I would put that in the title in case some might be bored with my previous posts .....Anyway as I didn't want to jinx myself I didn't do an update ..... but here it is ... for the past 3-4 days I can get online and don't get kicked off unless I use my Google home page or Chrome ...... and I can most of the time get my Google mail but I have to wait ..... I know longer shut my routers off at night and I stuck with the 8888 / 8844 but not just sure if that helps but at this point I'm not willing to experiment ..... something about not wanting to kick a sleeping dog ...... :dance: ..... well one good thing about all this is the great support and info I got from you guys and a knowledge I had to learn ..... you noticed I said had to learn .......I called up PLDT as I mentioned in my other thread but they wanted a 1 yr DSL and a 2 year phone contract ..... so that locks you into a 2 year DSL contract also as you can't have DSL with out a phone line (if you want wired that is ..... WiFi is different) ..... their cost is 1650p for 1.5Mbps and land-lineSo today I went to Globe (the one in SM is moving to another location in the Cyber-gate part of the mall and I think it said something about April 24th .... but not sure .... anyway went to E-mall and talked to them about my problem ... they are very much aware of the problem and a teck is supposed to be coming in a few days ....... Now here is the kicker .... I am paying 1299p per month for 1Mbps and land-line ..... but while checking on the web for my original problem I came across their NEW upgrades ..... it seems I can get 2Mbps and land-line for ..... get this 1299p (course this is all UP SIR) ..... yes I understand this .... so why didn't they notify me about the upgrade ...... I didn't ask ..... better not to know ...... :angry: .... so as this is a no-brainer I signed up for the 2Mbps but did have to sign a new contract for 1 year ..... and for some strange reason they wouldn't take my ACR I card .... had to show them my passport .... which I carry a laminated copy of ...... so time will tell ......So MikeB I don't know which plan you have and I know you are locked into Globe where you are but if you don't have the 2Mbps you might want to upgrade ..... cause they won't tell you ..... :attention:Now back to my Mass Effect 3 ....... over and out .....

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I have the "up to" 3 Mb/s plan for 1995. One thing about Globe they are cheaper. The 3mb PLDT connection was costing me 3600 - 3000 for DSL and 600 for the phone they require you to buy.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend was on the .5 mbps globe plan for 799 p and it was adequate most of the time when I first met her last year. But it kept getting worse and worse. So she upgraded to the 1 mbps plan for 999p (same modem). The speed went down and was worse than ever! "No ma'am, you may not get your money back and we not going to have the 799 plan any longer"!So she got the SMART Wimax installed last Saturday and she is now getting 1-2 mbps on a regular basis.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Mike S I was getting the same problem as you "google cannot show the webpage at the moment" or something along those lines.I bookmarked my home page and email account which are both yahoo, and stored in the yahoo bookmarks bar. I also turn off the modem each time I am not using it. I have had no problems in the last 2 weeks. So maybe you should look at that see if you think it is any good.Kevin

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Kevin ..... the strange thing is that when I make Yahoo my homepage with FireFox it works fine ... even my Gmail works ..... but when I try using Google as my home page in FireFox it won't load but times out ..... so for now I just use my Yahoo home page ..... Chrome will not load at all ..... :) :) :hystery: :hystery: ...... just had a call from the Globe tech and he asked my how my speed was this morning.... I checked and I'm now getting between 2.3 and 4.1 Mbps ...... on my 1.0 Mbps plan ...... :angry: ...... I told him the speed was not the problem but something is wrong with the IP as I can't load some of my web pages in particular Google ..... but I told him not to worry about it as I have the guys coming with the new service and router in a couple of days and we'll see how they set up the new router ..... now I'll just wait to see how long it is before my speed falls back to the .78 - .90 Mbps I usually get with the 1Mbps plan ...... anyone wanna giva a guess on how long it will take ..... :mocking: :mocking: ...... anyway the service was great as I just went in to complain yesterday afternoon ..... I just don't want TWO tech poking around with my system ..... besides I'm gonna have to tell them when they show up that I have my own router ..... maybe a couple of pesos will grease the way to have BOTH of them hooked up and running ..... the new router I understand is already bridged where as I had to bridge the old one ...... oh well more learning experiences for me ..... :540:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Now I'm being told by a Globe tech that I have Dynamic and not Static ........ is this true .... does anyone know ...... he said Static is reserved for businesses and not home use .... this is all very confusing ..... if true I guess that means I get a new IP address each time I hard boot my Globe router ....... a song comes to mind here .... "Yank my Doodle ... It's a Dandy" ... wait that's not right it's "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy" ..... but in this case I think I'm getting the first version ...... IMHO ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :nudie:

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mike, I have read that Globe offers static IP addresses for residential service for 750p per month but maybe that has changed. Your public IP address is assigned (dynamically or statically) by the ISP at their DSL modem. You can find out the address by going to http://www.whatsmyip.org/(or .com). If you have a non-static IP address and reboot the Globe modem or router you will probably get an new IP address. If you have your own wifi router connected to the Globe modem all the connected devices share the one public IP address (unless you connect via VPN) but have individual internal IPs that you set at your router. Rebooting that or your computer has no effect on the public IP address.

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you Mr. Mike that is one great site :nudie: ..... I used to use 3-4 sites to get all the information that this one gives ..... anyway I shut down my Globe router last night and when I turned it on this morning ..... sure enough I had a new Globe IP address ..... not even close to my old one .... old one started with 112 and the new one starts with 120 ...... but it's still pumping out 2.02Mbps ...... amazing .... simply amazing ..... :hystery: :hystery:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Thank you Mr. Mike that is one great site :nudie: ..... I used to use 3-4 sites to get all the information that this one gives ..... anyway I shut down my Globe router last night and when I turned it on this morning ..... sure enough I had a new Globe IP address ..... not even close to my old one .... old one started with 112 and the new one starts with 120 ...... but it's still pumping out 2.02Mbps ...... amazing .... simply amazing ..... :hystery: :hystery:
If your IP started with 112 that's PLDT not Globe.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: hey Steve ...... this is getting weirder by the minute ...... the 112 was the IP I got off the website that MikeB gave me before I went to bed ..... when I kicked on my computer and routers this morning I got 120 ...... and I swear I don't drink ...... but I do wear glasses ..... maybe I copied it down wrong ..... naaaaaw ... I would never do something like that ....... hey I know ..... Globe and PLDT are conspiring against me :mocking: ....... that's it ....... there going to take turns screwing up my life :nudie: ..... or worst yet turn me into a drinking man ..... :540: :540: ........ :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ........ god I hope that tech gets here soon before I become a babbling imbecile ...... wait .... I already is one of those ..... :hystery: :hystery: