More On My Globe Adventure

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob I will give that a try in a little bit .... I made a post back to you about the types of router I have but for some reason it is gone .... but what ever .... I will try it again here ....... my Globe router is an H5200 and my Linksys was a WRT54G and has now been changed to a E1200 ..... I'll try the steps you listed and let you know what happens .... oh and this morning when I turned on my computer the IP address is still the same ..... so you are right it has to be the Linksys ...... but I wonder why it didn't do it before ..... oh well who knows ........ Da Shadow Knows ..... :no: :hystery: ...... thanks again ... let you know

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I assume that all the resetting is in the Linksys router and not the Globe ...... so unless other wise noted by the word Globe all instructions pertain to the Linksys

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I assume that all the resetting is in the Linksys router and not the Globe ...... so unless other wise noted by the word Globe all instructions pertain to the Linksys
Exactly! Your Globe is a modem router and your LinkSys is a router... And all these selections in my list - unless it says Globe - is for the LinkSys.
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One last thing Mike - when you do my work-around, it has to be done exactly in that order and the times listed for powering down /resetting / etc are minimum times to be powered down. Just don't go and have a beer between each step unless you know how to shotgun!!! Ah but to be a kid again, eh? :no:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

OH MY GOD .... for a minute I thought you said REACH AROUND ....... :no: ..... Jake I'm sure will get this in a heartbeat ...... OK thanks Bob will try it after lunch ..... don't dare try this on an empty belly ...... shotgunning ....... hummmmm ... seems I've heard the phrase before .... was it back in the late 60's ..... oh yea .... I remember had to do with some kinda funny pipe with wine and wacky tabacky ...... but I can vaguely remember that ...... yea right ........... :hystery:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well so far so good ..... and I didn't even have to set the Globe router to bridge ..... I don't know how you found out all this info Bob .... but you are DA MAN ...... god I hope I don't have to eat my words in a few days ...... :hystery: ...... it works just like it did when the Globe tech set it up originally with ALL the lights on the Globe router working ...... I don't know where I went wrong but I want you to know I really appreciate what you were able to find out ..... and fix the problem ..... who would have thought that one had to go through an exact set of steps to get this to work ..... especially resetting the router and then following all the turning off and on in that particular orderTo all the people that offered suggestions to help with this problem you get a great big THANK YOU :grouphugg: ....... I searched the web for weeks trying to take care of this ..... but no where did I find that info that you did Bob ..... :no: :hystery:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Well so far so good ..... and I didn't even have to set the Globe router to bridge ..... I don't know how you found out all this info Bob .... but you are DA MAN ...... god I hope I don't have to eat my words in a few days ...... :hystery: ...... it works just like it did when the Globe tech set it up originally with ALL the lights on the Globe router working ...... I don't know where I went wrong but I want you to know I really appreciate what you were able to find out ..... and fix the problem ..... who would have thought that one had to go through an exact set of steps to get this to work ..... especially resetting the router and then following all the turning off and on in that particular orderTo all the people that offered suggestions to help with this problem you get a great big THANK YOU :grouphugg: ....... I searched the web for weeks trying to take care of this ..... but no where did I find that info that you did Bob ..... :no: :hystery:
From March 27 (date of OP), I'm sitting here with bated breath (as in master-bated), munching on my popcornand anxiously waiting for the climax of this riveting drama. From a US Navy point of view, listening to RCAFand USMC techno gibberish had me at edge of my seat. Thank god, it's over......was it good for you, like itwas good for me.....he, he. One other thing Marine -- remind me NOT to ask you how to field strip a M-16 next time. Only the real shadows knows.....
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yup you are right Jake cause I don't know how to field-strip an M16 ..... M1 ... BAR or M14 ..... now that I can help you with .... but ain't never had an M16 .... those are for pussies ..... real men shoot a BAR ..... hahahahahaahhaha ..... mine actually jammed on my more than it didn't ..... now the M1 ... now that was a sweet rifle .... the only thing bad about it was the noise the clip made when being ejected ..... you could here it a country mile ..... but once you heard it you never forgot it .....Damn ... here I am hijacking my own thread ,,,,, sorry Tom .... :SugarwareZ-034:IP address is still holding up after 3 hours ..... and best of all the asawa is back on line ..... already exchanged pictures with her sister in Manila and Mom in Negros .... so everyone is as happy as a clam ....... never did understand that phrase ...... what makes and why is a clam happy ..... :no:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

To cure something like this requires testing... Mike, since you are a little far away from me, I couldn't quite drop by to fix it for you.... But I did check out my junk drawer and find that I had a LinkSys router or two and a Prolink DSL modem as well... The fun part was that I am only using a 3G stick for my own stuff! You should have seen the set-up I had to do so I could simulate having a Globe signal! Actually I kind of felt like a dummy at the end because the whole issue was something I had run up against before.Shotgunning beer... That is something I don't think I would ever do again.... Nor is it something I would have done when I was young and stupid but I did... Alcoholic beverages are meant for sippin' and enjoying - just like we normal folks do now... What do you mean I'm not normal...? :no:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

For Bobs a jolly good fellow; for Bobs a Jolly good fellow which no one can deny---- so says all of us :yes: :)

• Like 2