Another Fugitive Caught & Deported

Americano
Posted
Posted

If you want to know how many foreigners are being Blacklisted read some of the cases on the 4 pages the link will take you to. The total number Blacklisted each year may surprise.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_search&Itemid=99999999&searchword=blacklist&searchphrase=any&ordering=newest&limit=30&limitstart=0

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: you Live by the Sword, You Die by the sword. Life is full of Ups & Downs. Steal and they Steal from you, Cos you have something to steal.

In this day and Age we all do what do what we do, to survive.

If you found a $100 note on the Sidewalk, do you hand it in NO! of course not.

We are ALL Guilty of something at some time.

Let him with NO sin cast the First Stone.

Just my 50 pence worth here.

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

why the Bi didn't told him to get Dual Citizenship instead so that he will not blacklisted.... point money talks.

My friend, Duel Nationality is sometime, Misunderstood.

if you Enter a country on the national passport, you CAN NOT, use an Alternative passport to Excuse a misdemeanor, Guilt is Guilt. in ANY language. :541:

Ignorance of a Law is NO Excuse :tiphat:

Jack P. :)

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

why the Bi didn't told him to get Dual Citizenship instead so that he will not blacklisted.... point money talks.

if you Enter a country on the national passport, you CAN NOT, use an Alternative passport to Excuse a misdemeanor, Guilt is Guilt. in ANY language. :541:

Nope. When you both have a Philippine and American Passport or if you have a Dualcitizenship BI cannot Blacklisted you because of overstaying nor indigency. Because you cannot Blacklisted a Philippine Citizen because of overstaying. Thats why a Dual Citizenship was created, and also that of 13(g) returning Former Filipino Citizen and Recognition as Filipino Citizen.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

you cannot Blacklisted a Philippine Citizen because of overstaying.

Having Duel Nationality does not make you a Filipino Citizen. If this man Entered on His own National Passport on the BB programme then he is Overstaying now.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

According to An Act Instituting a Balikbayan Program (Republic Act No. 6768) - which can be found at http://www.chanroble...icactno6768.htm - you will find the following: "Sec. 7. Penalty Clause. — Any person who shall willfully derive, obtain, receive or enjoy or cause another to derive, obtain, receive or enjoy the benefits and privileges under this Act without being entitled thereto shall be punished by a fine of not less than Twenty thousand pesos (P20,000.00) but not more than Forty thousand pesos (P40,000.00) or imprisonment of not less than two (2) years or more than four (4) years, or both at the discretion of the court. Any alien found guilty under this section shall be summarily deported upon completion of service of sentence and be permanently barred from reentering the country without the special permission of the President. " So if he is strictly a foreigner under a BB stamp, he can be deported and black-listed unless the president steps in.

Now, if you go to "REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9174 November 7, 2002 AN ACT AMENDING REPUBLIC ACT NUMBERED 6768, ENTITLED, "AN ACT INSTITUTING A BALIKBAYAN PROGRAM" BY PROVIDING ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND PRIVILEGES TO BALIKBAYAN AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES" and on the same link as above, you will find the following ammendments: "

Sec. 2. Sec. 2 of the same Republic Act is hereby amended as follows:

"Sec. 2. Definition of Terms. - For purposes of this Act:

(a) The term "balikbayan" shall mean a Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year, a Filipino overseas worker, or former Filipino citizen and his or her family, as this term is defined hereunder, who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines;..."

But, as mentioned, he came in under the ammended term listed (above and underlined), therefore should he have been black-listed?

I, myself, do not think so but I guess the government did...

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Nice one bob, But for the benefit of tHe doubt. heres my advice if you were a former filipino citizen who had been blacklisted by the Philippine Immigration because you didnt pay for overstaying and the BI blacklisted you because of indigency and that the order stated it can be lifted if you will pay the overstay please don't pay the overstaying. What will you do is to file petition for lifting of blacklist order provided that you have proof that you are a former filipino citizen (ex. one of the following.birth cert, phil. passport old or new, voters reg. any docs.(please not tampered) that will prove that you are a former fil. citizen.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Nice one bob, But for the benefit of tHe doubt. heres my advice if you were a former filipino citizen who had been blacklisted by the Philippine Immigration because you didnt pay for overstaying and the BI blacklisted you because of indigency and that the order stated it can be lifted if you will pay the overstay please don't pay the overstaying. What will you do is to file petition for lifting of blacklist order provided that you have proof that you are a former filipino citizen (ex. one of the following.birth cert, phil. passport old or new, voters reg. any docs.(please not tampered) that will prove that you are a former fil. citizen.

True! If they pay the overstay fee, that could be construed as admitting guilt and thus make it harder to negate the whole thing!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Well either I have lost the Plot here or I am working to hard. Are we talking about the guy in the origional OP's topic or are we talking about a friend of a friend who has got caught up in the BI doing the job they are paid to do?

Either way, it sounds like one is here and in Trouble and the other is just a plain Overstayer now.

I AM trying to follow this but I am getting confused.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Me too Jack ............ :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: