Another Fugitive Caught & Deported

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

My uncle died recently and left a large amount of gold bars for me in his will but there are two problems that I need help with. We cannot legally own gold in my country so I need you to receive the gold for me. The gold will be shipped to you. You can keep 10% of it which will be worth millions of dollars. When my uncle died he owned $5,000. in back taxes to the government. His will cannot be executed until the $5,000. is paid. If you can send $5,000. to me the gold will be shipped to you within a few days. You will be helping me and this is a very good opportunity for you to make some money too. I will be waiting for your reply before I offer it to another person who seems to be interested. Please respond soon.

I received an email very similar to this several years ago. Of course I didn't reply to it but some people did and lost their money. I wonder if the Nigerian government ever catches these scammers and put them in jail or do they even care?

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I received an email very similar to this several years ago. Of course I didn't reply to it but some people did and lost their money. I wonder if the Nigerian government ever catches these scammers and put them in jail or do they even care?

:unsure: Pity we mere mortals can't check the IPS, might even be the government sending out these e.mails! Food for thought?? Stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I had the Nigerian scam years ago but I had fun with them...

I played along like I was going to send them the money and eventually talked them into mailing me some papers so that I could get the money through customs... The idiots actually mailed them to me. What they didn't know was that I had given them the mailing address of the local RCMP station.

I never did hear from them again... I suppose someone from the police station helped them with getting their money into Canada?

:mocking:

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

I had the Nigerian scam years ago but I had fun with them...

I played along like I was going to send them the money and eventually talked them into mailing me some papers so that I could get the money through customs... The idiots actually mailed them to me. What they didn't know was that I had given them the mailing address of the local RCMP station.

I never did hear from them again... I suppose someone from the police station helped them with getting their money into Canada?

:mocking:

That's a good one Bob. I should have done something like that, maybe give them the FBI Headquarters address.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
That's a good one Bob. I should have done something like that, maybe give them the FBI Headquarters address.

Fair warning. The RCMP and FBI might not appreciate your using their addresses for Nigerian scam solicitations.

We have zero friends in Nigeria. Our servers automatically bounces any emails with a Nigerian ISP.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Fair warning. The RCMP and FBI might not appreciate your using their addresses for Nigerian scam solicitations.

We have zero friends in Nigeria. Our servers automatically bounces any emails with a Nigerian ISP.

I forgot to mention that I followed that email back to identify where it came from - emailed from Toronto. That was back in the days I was more heavily involved in IT Security - in the 1990s. Amazing how long that scam has been going.

• Like 1

Lara Croft
Posted
Posted

Come on Commissioner David.Lets stop the sh&t, don't claim the credit that doesn't belong to YOU or to the Philippine GOVERNMENT! Sad to say but the Philippines doesn't have any access to trace any cancelled passport from all over World or Fugitive that enters your country, that is why a lot of UNWANTED CITIZEN FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD are hiding there! To all the writers,Stop praising and publishing this issue, ITS ALL LIE!!!

The Truth is a Filipina Business Woman who is associated with Joe Don Johnson was the one who was able to trace the truth regarding this guy, She coordinated with the US Government and FBI based in the Philippines to report that the fugitive is hiding here. After the warrant from BI was issued out, the Filipina coordinated with FBI and media, it was FBI who informed BI that a meeting was arranged by the Filipina to capture to fugitive because FBI can't arrest him alone because his there in Philippines.

To those people who wanted to know the real story please subscribe to TFC or The Filipino Channel and watch TV Patrol World and XXX dated March 19,2012. or you can read this link.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=788547&publicationSubCategoryId=70

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Come on Commissioner David.Lets stop the sh&t, don't claim the credit that doesn't belong to YOU or to the Philippine GOVERNMENT! Sad to say but the Philippines doesn't have any access to trace any cancelled passport from all over World or Fugitive that enters your country, that is why a lot of UNWANTED CITIZEN FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD are hiding there! To all the writers,Stop praising and publishing this issue, ITS ALL LIE!!!

The Truth is a Filipina Business Woman who is associated with Joe Don Johnson was the one who was able to trace the truth regarding this guy, She coordinated with the US Government and FBI based in the Philippines to report that the fugitive is hiding here. After the warrant from BI was issued out, the Filipina coordinated with FBI and media, it was FBI who informed BI that a meeting was arranged by the Filipina to capture to fugitive because FBI can't arrest him alone because his there in Philippines.

To those people who wanted to know the real story please subscribe to TFC or The Filipino Channel and watch TV Patrol World and XXX dated March 19,2012. or you can read this link.

http://www.philstar....ubCategoryId=70

WOW! Straight in no prisoners taken!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Lara,

Using my Google Chrome, the link to PhilStar resulted in The page you requested does not exist.

Unfortunately, I don't have The Filipino Channel in my cable TV list.

This is your very first post and although it's an interesting story, we would also like an introduction

from you. Please tell us a little about yourself so that we could properly welcome you.

Respectfully -- Jake (a Fil-Am currently living in SoCal)

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Article comes up in FireFox

http://www.philstar....ubCategoryId=70

XXX joins forces with the FBI

MANILA, Philippines - ABS-CBN’s investigative program XXX joins forces with the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Bureau of Immigration to catch an American fugitive allegedly doing business transactions in the Philippines.

A Pinay businesswoman approached XXX after she found out about the true identity of the American national who is supposed to be her business partner. While working on the papers to formally close their business deal, the woman learned that the person she is dealing with is on the most wanted list in America and is pressed with multiple criminal charges.

The XXX team led by Julius Babao then sets up a pseudo-business meeting to arrest the American fugitive. How will the operation turn out?

Meanwhile, Pinky Webb helps a half-Korean and half-Japanese kid who has been illegally residing in the country after his biological parents abandoned him way back in 2006, while Anthony Taberna looks for the missing sewers in Manila after they were allegedly occupied by a condominium being constructed in the area.

XXX airs Mondays after Bandila and can be viewed earlier on DZMM TeleRadyo (SkyCable ch 26) the same night at 9:15.